Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Please post all beta discussions for the 8330 here. Please note, as of January 1, ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Official 8330 4.5 Beta Discussion Thread

Advertisement

Please post all beta discussions for the 8330 here.

Please note, as of January 1, 2009 there have been changes to the Rules and Guidelines

Links for beta versions are now permitted within the following guidelines. They must be links to the news about the beta leak, not a direct link to the file sharing site. See this post as an example.

Here are some other helpful links:
    Previous beta thread How to Upgrade Latest Official OS
    Last edited by azstar; 01-25-2009 at 12:13 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I know azstar has a link connecting us to the previous beta thread but thought it might be helpful to begin this new thread with a link to the current beta with credit going to kkwus74 for being the OP. You can get the current 4.5.0.119 beta by going here .

tattoo432 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    askme
    Did a good clean install of .119 on my $print 8330 earlier today. So far the most noticeable difference I have seen is that the device seems to be more responsive as a whole...as in less time between screens and I don't have the random hour glass anymore...keeping m fingers crossed on that one. Work was busy this afternoon and my evenings are claimed by the wife and kids so I haven't had much time to really get a good feel for it. Will post here again once I have more details to add.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I think you will find yourself very happy with it. I had an hour glass issue about 10 hours after the install but after a battery pull I haven't had an issue one at all. Memory increased as well as battery life. The only thing I have noticed is the hit and miss speaker phone issue. Seems to have fixed it for me but from last report it still plagues azstar.

cab4564 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31905B5B
    I haven't had a problem in months and i am running 4.5.0.97 on curve 8330.

Kedarvis2007 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I 2nd Moderncowboy. Seems a little snappier! Ohhhhh, and HTML works! Couldn't get it with .97.
    Hit me on my Blackburry!!!

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    4.5.0.119 is much better, I agree. Only had 1 issue so far with the Card after I move alot of stuff to it.

tmartel no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am running 119 on my 8330 for a few days now and seen to be faster. Sprint tv works smoother, I like the way the camera options show up. The only issue I came across is my facebook icon is gone not a major problem. If i just delete the app and reinstall will that fix it? over it seen to be very nice and mybattery didn't get die and played with it forhours last nite. very impressed.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I upgraded to .119 last night and had a little different experience. FYI, when I do upgrades, I normally start it and set the laptop to the side and ignore the whole thing until I get the msg 'update completed successfully' or whatever that final msg is.

Last night, I looked over and the p-c appeared to be stuck on "Uploading Ram Image" - after about 20 minutes I starting looking for "signs of life" in the upgrade - no CPU activity detected, nothing else running, etc. I tried to select 'cancel' to end the upgrade - nothing!

After waiting for something to happen (and knowing I should try anything OTHER THAN unplugging the phone) at 40 minutes of being stuck at the same msg, I re-booted the p-c, phone and all.

When it came up I (and auto-started DM as always) I was notified that there was new software for the device, I chose to continue and the update took 35 minutes to complete successfully. I documented the whole process just to see how long the "Uploading Ram Image" took - about 2 seconds is the answer.

A few conclusions from this:

1) the upgrade should go like mine did after the reboot - it shouldn't hang, but it might! (Done lots of upgrades and resores - never had one hang before.)

2) unplug your phone ONLY as a very last resort (I almost know that if I had unplugged it before completing the reboot/upgrade, it would have been hosed. I did it once thinking it was finished - it wasn't!)

3) Keep your cool - I almost lost mine last night - and your fingers crossed.

Final status: I'm up and no problems so far -
    Last edited by jblackfish; 01-16-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: correct typo
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by tmartel View Post
    I am running 119 on my 8330 for a few days now and seen to be faster. Sprint tv works smoother, I like the way the camera options show up. The only issue I came across is my facebook icon is gone not a major problem. If i just delete the app and reinstall will that fix it? over it seen to be very nice and mybattery didn't get die and played with it forhours last nite. very impressed.
    Just uninstall and re add it works fine on mine.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Happens to the best of us Jb. Glad it worked out for you I think you will enjoy it.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I also have been running .119 for a few days now and so far have only found one issue with the OS. The flash does not turn on when in "auto" mode when taking a video. It works fine if it is turned on manually.
    Other than that no issues and my installation went very smoothly and quickly. With that being said not all of my application data got transferred and I needed to go in and transfer manually the things not transferred.

Otherwise it's running great, smooth, quick and no speaker blast.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    JB,

Did you mean you installed .119 or is there a .117 somewhere?
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    LOL jb you gonna become famous for your typo's I am sure he meant .119

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    I was sure of that too, but wanted it clarified to eliminate any confusion and people looking all over the net for .117 and the questions about how to get it. LOL Sorry JB, I meant no disrespect.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast