Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Here ya go Ranx. Start at post 40 and read on from there. Looks more ... BlackBerry News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Here ya go Ranx. Start at post 40 and read on from there. Looks more complicated than it is. It really isn't. If I can do it, than anyone can.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f342/call_t_motech_support_about_youtube_problem-102991/

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Hey Ranx. you have to kind of make it yourself. It's really easy. You download .133 and .152 and before you install you copy and paste the gprs folder from .133 to .152, then you install the .152 through DM. I will try to get you the link where it is explained. I just downgraded back to it. I had to use JL Commander to wipe my berry, I backed up before I did it. Then went back in and loaded .152. Then restored all my info. OS didn't take long at all.

Guess what? I made a theme and when I loaded it using .168 the browser icon was missing, but after I went back to the hybrid, the browser Icon came back. I guess I will have to do the reboot thing and see if I get an error.

So some of the theme problems are definately OS related
    Hmm do I really have to Wipe completely first ? I have tons of 3rd party apps and dont wanna go through that pain lol :P
    Guess ill just stick with .168 ^^

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Some did going back to the hybrid still give you that error on reboot using a 3rd party theme ?

Ranx, you do know about backing up 3rd party apps right? Everyone should have a back up just incase. I had to do a wipe cause DM didn't recognize the downgrade. Might be different for you.

http://forums.pinstack.com/f73/how_to_back_up_3rd_party_apps-98799/

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Some did going back to the hybrid still give you that error on reboot using a 3rd party theme ?
    I still got the error, but not the white screen. Guess I'll use the change the theme method. What a pain.. Kinda of missing my first Curve. Never had any kind of problems whats so ever.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well its not the device lol its plazmic beta when it comes to themes errors.
    But yeah if the theme error is still there I'm just going to downgrade to normal 152 worked fine for me.
    Or just stick it out on 168 until we see the next beta .
    And yes I know about 3rd party apps backup (read it somewhere) but honestly can't remember how to do so lol :P

Edit : just realised you linked to your guide. Thanks.

~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Well its not the device lol its plazmic beta when it comes to themes errors.
    But yeah if the theme error is still there I'm just going to downgrade to normal 152 worked fine for me.
    Or just stick it out on 168 until we see the next beta .
    And yes I know about 3rd party apps backup (read it somewhere) but honestly can't remember how to do so lol :P

Edit : just realised you linked to your guide. Thanks.

I had .152 but my camera flash didn't work had data drops and no youtube. So I used the .133 radio and it fixed all of that. Just hope a solid OS comes out soon so I can enjoy the 8900 like I did the 8320. One good thing is the wifi/UMA is working flawlessly.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well i have to say, i extensively used my 8900 today and the battery is still at 40% at 10:32pm.
    HUGE improvement from this Sunday's 7hours down to 20%.
    Everything else is working flawlessly on .168 so now that the battery is getting better i think ill just stick it out (on .133 - i think - i had an amazing battery life it would get to 15% around 6pm the SECOND day).

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm on .168 and it seems stable so far.

k9820986843 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    256D62B2
    hi there is a newer os for 8900 its 4.1.1.168 im using it.its got amazing battery life

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I like .168, I just don't reboot until I change the theme back to one of the originals. It seems to work pretty fast for me to change themes. These new themes are awesome on the Jav.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    Whew! I just put .168 on last night!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by mdragon- View Post
    i like .168, i just don't reboot until i change the theme back to one of the originals. It seems to work pretty fast for me to change themes. These new themes are awesome on the jav.
    +1

couchrack no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yep I was confused with .168... sorry.

janainpstack no está en línea Stack level 1
    +1
    Couple of observations
    When on calls the battery drains like crazy on .168. Its like 25% down on 3 calls of 5 mins.
    The screen brightens up like crazy when the sensor senses extra light(may be why the screen is a lot crispier??)
    On email, texting and browsing the batt is solid.
    .133 is still the best according to me.
    Anyone has any suggestions on the batt drain due to calls?

Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast