Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2930313233343536 LastLast

Originally Posted by Tripper_ Installed .250 this morning huge battery improvement. Actually I threw the ... BlackBerry News forum

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Tripper_ View Post
    Installed .250 this morning huge battery improvement. Actually I threw the battery away since it's no longer needed.

LMAO! Great first post bro! Welcome to the stacks!

my968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Moved to .250

I upgraded to .250 a couple of days ago. I have noticed that memory leak is somewhat better. I have not had battery issues with .239 as others have mentioned, I don't notice a huge difference with .250. All apps are running with no issues. Has anyone noticed anything new/different?

In upgrading I have now given up on using DM and use the AppLoader. It is faster and so far, has been the most reliable for upgrading OS.
    Thanks,
    dds911

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    What about you guys and gals that are running your TMO curve on ATT, what is the best OS version to allow for the strongest signal? My signal stays at -76 while at full bars, but goes out of service easy.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    I am curious about that too. I'm noticing that my signal strength is not as good in some places as it used to be. I'm running .133 and want to update the OS but I want a good one that will provide great signal strength.

Tripper_ no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have owned Motorola V635 for the last 3 years. It had poor reception but it did work in my house. The BB 8900 will not work in my house without using uma. If it were not for uma I would have returned the phone.

alreegator no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    313A3BBC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripper_ View Post
    I have owned Motorola V635 for the last 3 years. It had poor reception but it did work in my house. The BB 8900 will not work in my house without using uma. If it were not for uma I would have returned the phone.
    It may be that you have it set to WI-Fi preferred.

Tripper_ no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by alreegator View Post
    It may be that you have it set to WI-Fi preferred.

. I get fantastic reception using Wifi (uma). With Wifi disabled I get no connection unless I walk outside. I never had this problem with the Motorola. I'm using the same sim card with the same carrier (TMobile). This phone is not very good with basic phone reception.

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have found both .239 and .250 to be problematic. With .250, battery life was lower although it did recharge faster. I also found that it sometimes too as many as 5 battery pulls to get it so the clock thing would stop spinning endlessly. I also found EDGE reception to be lower. I am going back to .231.

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Comparisons to .114 I've been on .250 for a couple of weeks now.

Battery life is very good.

Signal seems to be slightly better, but I only have GPRS where I work and live - (I work in a metal building in a fringe area, and used to have service about 10% of the time. Now I probably have server 20% of the time?)

Memory leak seems about the same. Seems that I have less memory overall.

Device speed is improved by about 10%?

No issues with apps: BBLight, BBWeather, BerryBuzz, YouVersion, Blackberry Diagnostics, CaptureIt, Docs to Go, FB 1.6, G-maps 3.0.2, Viigo 3.0.892.0, etc.

caldw3l no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABAE06
    How did you do it through App loader, because Dm is fn pissin me off? Please advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by my968 View Post
    I upgraded to .250 a couple of days ago. I have noticed that memory leak is somewhat better. I have not had battery issues with .239 as others have mentioned, I don't notice a huge difference with .250. All apps are running with no issues. Has anyone noticed anything new/different?

In upgrading I have now given up on using DM and use the AppLoader. It is faster and so far, has been the most reliable for upgrading OS.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Caldw3l: I believe that you go to Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion. Double click the Apploader folder and execute "Loader.exe" - I think that's how you do it and then just follow the procedure. BE SURE to backup using DM BEFORE you upgrade!!!!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bonz129 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i just got my tmobile curve 8900 yesterday and currently running OS 4.6.1.114 is there anything better than this thats out right now ?

Quote Originally Posted by bonz129 View Post
    i just got my tmobile curve 8900 yesterday and currently running OS 4.6.1.114 is there anything better than this thats out right now ?
    When I got my 8900 it had 4.6.1.199 on it and it seemed very stable. I'd recommend that unless you want to go to a 5.0 version. Then 5.0.0 100, which is (maybe) a little "buggy" but works well too would be ok. Check out this 4.6 beta tread and this 5.0 beta thread, read the comments of the users and go with your instinct. Good luck.

Always backup your device before upgrading.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    Shouldn't there be another Beta release soon?? It's been quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffNNJ View Post
    Shouldn't there be another Beta release soon?? It's been quite a while.
    We never know Jeff - it's fairly unpredictable IMO. They may abandon 4.6 altogether for example and start developing 5.0. It's hard to tell.