Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Yes that's what I meant. Sorry. I had a storm and I loved custom sms ... BlackBerry News forum

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh

Advertisement

Yes that's what I meant. Sorry. I had a storm and I loved custom sms tones for each individual contact. That's what us 5.0 users have now
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by HotCelica View Post
    Ok I have been running 5.0 for about almost 3 hours now and here are my findings:

-Word Wrap fixed!!!!!!!
    -Slight battery life increase
    -A lot snappier in menu's and program loading
    -Obvious new boot screen(blackberry symbol and name as well as a loading bar)
    -Most apps still work(Facebook gone and Viigo gave error)
    -Reset all custom sound settings
    -Myfaves display is gone and when try to refresh it I get a bunch of weird sms that's are all weird characters
    -Brower speed and loading much improved
    -The sound that blipped for a second when changing songs in media player is gone.
    -Videos seem to load faster
    -Boot up speed a bit quicker
    -Scrolling around in brower much improved
    -Finally able to set up personal ringtones for contacts(missed this sooooo much when I had my storm)
    -BBM now shows status message at top and nice signal meter and time. Also adds spaces between contacts in list and makes everything a bit bigger(not fond of this but will get used to it)
    -Sounds seem much smoother
    -Signal is nice and strong and quick WIFI pickup.
    -Can now scroll through open pictures like you can on the storm

This OS is a true BETA since in every menu you can submit feedback where as other leaks don't have that. Biggest way to sum up this OS is to say it brings you all the great little things that the storm has. I have not had problems with calendar or anything other than myfaves and 2 apps which aren't a big deal and I will take all the improvements I have gained and deal with the small things. The only reason I used the myfaves display is to be able to tell when my gf texts me and now that she has her own ringtone for sms I don't need the display. I am in love with 5.0 and can't wait for another 5.0 release to possibly fix these few problems. Also 1 thing gained was Visual Voicemail app built in but doesn't do anything so I would assume its there to connect to the carriers visual voicemail server and work with it but its dead for me right now since t-mobile doesn't offer that. I will not be downgrading as I am dealing with the small things and loving the new features and look forward to more
    Thanks for the review! Having the wrap fix is a BIG plus.

--HeavyC.

McLovin no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Yes that's what I meant. Sorry. I had a storm and I loved custom sms tones for each individual contact. That's what us 5.0 users have now

thanks for clearing that up, i have been wanting the custom sms since the storm came out
    LMAO at bj wheeler and his ex daily!
    twitter

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Updated my original post/review to clear my words up and also added the change to the call log

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    i'll stick to upgrading to .206. Life without viigo and fb is not a life i want to live.
    Proud owner of a 8700g and a 8320

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ugh! HotCelia, did you actually try to reinstall the FB app?

Now I have to choose to get the dreaded word wrap fixed OR lose my FB app! Ugh!

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Yes I tried to reinstall both apps that I had problems with

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes I tried to reinstall both apps that I had problems with
    Ugh, I may have to just settle for .206 then. Thanks for posting the great list.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Rumord say tmo willbe launching its own vmail ver soon that's why they heve it

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I just downloaded the BerryReview link from RapidShare and yeah, it's a dud...won't even install on my PC, getting a "error reading setup initialization file."

Haha... I'm not going to go near this with my BlackBerry. LOL.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I'm torn. Doesn't sound like I'm up for the issues, but really want to see 5. Guess I'll wait a bit for the next one.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I wonder if 4.6 themes are going to work on it? I'm going to try it. I gotta have that word wrap fixed. I don't use Facebook or Viigo so here I go.

supersauce no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ok I have been running 5.0 for about almost 3 hours now and here are my findings:

-Word Wrap fixed!!!!!!!
    -Slight battery life increase
    -A lot snappier in menu's and program loading
    -Obvious new boot screen(blackberry symbol and name as well as a loading bar)
    -Most apps still work(Facebook gone and Viigo gave error)
    -Reset all custom sound settings
    -Myfaves display is gone and when try to refresh it I get a bunch of weird sms that's are all weird characters
    -Brower speed and loading much improved
    -The sound that blipped for a second when changing songs in media player is gone.
    -Videos seem to load faster
    -New call log adds spaces between calls and makes everything bigger(I like this change)
    -Boot up speed a bit quicker
    -Scrolling around in brower much improved
    -Finally able to set up personal SMS ringtones for contacts(missed this sooooo much as I had it when I had my storm)
    -BBM now shows status message at top and nice signal meter and time. Also adds spaces between contacts in list and makes everything a bit bigger(not fond of this but will get used to it)
    -Sounds seem much smoother
    -Signal is nice and strong and quick WIFI pickup.
    -Can now scroll through open pictures like you can on the storm

This OS is a true BETA since in every menu you can submit feedback where as other leaks don't have that. Biggest way to sum up this OS is to say it brings you all the great little things that the storm has. I have not had problems with calendar or anything other than myfaves and 2 apps which aren't a big deal and I will take all the improvements I have gained and deal with the small things. The only reason I used the myfaves display is to be able to tell when my gf texts me and now that she has her own ringtone for sms I don't need the display. I am in love with 5.0 and can't wait for another 5.0 release to possibly fix these few problems. Also 1 thing gained was Visual Voicemail app built in but doesn't do anything so I would assume its there to connect to the carriers visual voicemail server and work with it but its dead for me right now since t-mobile doesn't offer that. I will not be downgrading as I am dealing with the small things and loving the new features and look forward to more
    awesome review!!! im downloading right now and im going to load it up!
    Super Sauce

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    i dont care about facebook, cuz i dont use it, but viigo is a must... any one think there is a way around thast? maybe settings need to be set to allow?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    New 5.0 beta discussion thread stickied here. Please remember to keep all beta discussions in the official stickied beta discussion threads. To cut down the confusion the seperate one for 5.0 has been created but these post are older than the new thread so they can't be merged into the new thread.

So to cut down confusion 4.6 discussion will remain here and please move 5.0 discussion to the new thread. Thanks!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4