Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

The link from Crackberry no longer works... BlackBerry News forum

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

The link from Crackberry no longer works

bionicjive no está en línea Stack level 2
    .199 not a good choice for my 8900. The UI is very very very slow. It lags from application to application, when I'm going into and out of the application. Browser is slower it seems I have to clear my event log and use memory cleaner every few hrs but this is just a tempory solution my phone starts bogging down minutes later. I've had none of these issues with.174. I have an unlocked 8900 and I'm wondering if some of these beta releases are sometimes just for certain branded types of phone. Has anyone else had any of these issues with the current beta release or am I just one in one million that it seems to affect. Oh, and also I deleted thevendor file so I know that's not the cause. Anyway cheers to all for the countless hours testing and using new beta releases. Love the stacks.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Dabbill no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ADC49A
    .199 is working really well on my 8900. Best OS so far for me.

stevendsnyde no está en línea Stack level 1
    .199 is working well for me too. Previously, I was on .144, and .199 seems to be quicker and I have not had any issues with stability requiring a reboot.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    bionicjive, I don't know if it's useful info but I am using an unlocked t-mobile 8900 on AT&T and .199 is working very well for me.

For some reason I always get a fatal error when upgrading the OS on every BB I have, so as usual I had to completely wipe using JL_Cmder and then install, so maybe having a completely new, fresh install helped me?

I have only had the 8900 for 3 weeks and I installed .174 as soon as I took it out of the box, so this is only the second OS version I've used on this BB, but it is very stable and fast and I never have to reboot. (With all my BBs, I do at least once a week for housekeeping purposes but it's not something I have to do with this OS)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Is anyone having issues with the speaker on .199? My alert for my calendar sounds like a blown speaker.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    .199 has been working just fine for me on my unlocked 8900 on T-Mobile. Good memory management, good battery life.

@reddog-- no issues re speaker with .199 here. Speaker sounds fine for speakerphone use and also with Slacker.

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    Running .199 here - all seems well except my video camera doesn't want to work right. I start it, it has the single button at the bottom middle of the screen. I press the track ball and nothing happens. If I press the menu key, then several seconds pass before the menu appears, then when it finally appears, I suddenly have all the buttons at the bottom of my screen. If I press the record button then, it works OK. Very strange, wish I could set it straight. Searching the forums for an answer but no joy so far ...

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    .199 has been working just fine for me on my unlocked 8900 on T-Mobile. Good memory management, good battery life.

@reddog-- no issues re speaker with .199 here. Speaker sounds fine for speakerphone use and also with Slacker.
    Hey, can you do me a favor and set an appointment in the calendar with an alarm and tells me if it sounds weird?

I may just have to do a wipe and reinstall.

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney View Post
    Running .199 here - all seems well except my video camera doesn't want to work right. I start it, it has the single button at the bottom middle of the screen. I press the track ball and nothing happens. If I press the menu key, then several seconds pass before the menu appears, then when it finally appears, I suddenly have all the buttons at the bottom of my screen. If I press the record button then, it works OK. Very strange, wish I could set it straight. Searching the forums for an answer but no joy so far ...
    After playing with it some more I discovered it does work, it just takes 9-10 seconds to start initially. Very strange.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

I've got a report that a vid of 5.0 on an 8900 has been seen, and a beta of 5 has beem leaked for the bold. Wondering if anyones seen or heard anything. This is one of those times I wish I had internet access here @ home.

Saw vid on youtube but not sold that its legit. Too grainy on my device.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 04-10-2009 at 10:01 AM.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Boths seems to bE truE

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Any links found for download?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Check tHe. Bold beTa discUssion tReAd

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Any links found for download?
    Check here: OS Bold 5.0
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........