PIN/ID
    Ask Meh

Advertisement

Yea they are the same level. Sorry
    http://twitter.com/HotCelica
    hotcelica@crackberry.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/HotCelica
    Rockin a T-Mobile 8900 5.0.190
    Just bought the GF a T-Mobile 8220(Yep converted her to the darkside)

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by HotCelica View Post
    Yea they are the same level. Sorry
    Shite!! Guess I wont rush to do this one till I have some downtime then
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Ok so been on .199 since the moment it was leaked and I am loving it. Much much quicker and ringtones being loud is not a problem for me as I like to wake up if I hear a ringtone and I always have my phone vibrate before ring so if I can't answer it I always just press my mute key to silence it cuz my phone is always attached to my hip rocking out with me
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I've been using .199 for just over 24 hours. I haven't really noticed anything different in memory, battery life, etc. but I've just started using it. My battery life might be better but I don't want to say a definitive yes at this point. Everything has been running very smoothly and quickly with no problems.

I switched for the new capabilities of the menu button and that has been all I could ask for, although it takes some acclimating. (I got back use of one of my side buttons that I had dedicated to the application switcher and I'm very happy about that!)

The only issue I have is with Audible and I'm not sure if that's related to this version or just the new BB in general as they are usually behind in their updates.

s4berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct View Post
    I've been using .199 for just over 24 hours. I haven't really noticed anything different in memory, battery life, etc. but I've just started using it. My battery life might be better but I don't want to say a definitive yes at this point. Everything has been running very smoothly and quickly with no problems.

I switched for the new capabilities of the menu button and that has been all I could ask for, although it takes some acclimating. (I got back use of one of my side buttons that I had dedicated to the application switcher and I'm very happy about that!)

The only issue I have is with Audible and I'm not sure if that's related to this version or just the new BB in general as they are usually behind in their updates.
    Could you explain those new menu button capabilities.

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by s4berry View Post
    Could you explain those new menu button capabilities.
    Haven't tried it myself (just updating to .199 now) but sounds like a cool new feature.
    Check out HeavyC's post:

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    Something new I noticed is that, you can use the application button to do your sending or anything else. I would usually press the application button then click the trackball or press enter to do something. Now all you have to do is press the application button go to what you need and press it again. I'm way to use to the other way and I would usually press the application button to close the menu. Doing so would activate whatever is highlighted. I have to get use to this!

--HeavyC.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhours View Post
    Haven't tried it myself (just updating to .199 now) but sounds like a cool new feature.
    Check out HeavyC's post:
    Thanks, I did read it before, but I don't understand what the "application button" or "press enter" refers to.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    The application button is the bb logo button to the left of the trackball...

The enter button is the last button on the last row to the right on the keyboard...

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Also, if you press and hold the application button, you get the application switcher. Its very handy when you are using your BB one-handed and trying to multi-task!

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    The application button is the bb logo button to the left of the trackball...

The enter button is the last button on the last row to the right on the keyboard...
    Ha ha. Thanks. I know the App Key as the Menu Key. Oh yeah, enter button/key. I should have known that one (duh on my part).

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909

Os 4.6.1.199

Found a new OS for the 8900, the OS 4.6.1.199. Granted that it is not an official release yet, I wanted to know if anyone has tried it out, and if so, what are some pros/cons of it?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yep. Goto the 8900 beta discussion thread for more info.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    This will be merged with the beta thread shortly

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Been on .199 for 24 hours now. Big battery life improvement for me compared to .174. Made a good few phone calls, wifi browsing, IM, emails, games, and right now I'm still at 75%

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I've been running .199 since it leaked on Monday. I've notice great battery life along with very good support for UMA. I did however made some router adjustments that have enhanced connectivity and speed. Crisp response on the UI (even w/beta themes). Haven't noticed a great deal of difference between .174.

Call quality was very good. I am however, still dealing with slow response with getting satellites for GPS. Every morning on the way to work and on the way back home I track myself on BB Maps. Go to BBMaps-->Menu-->Start GPS Navigation. It then begins "Searching for satellites...". It takes entirely too long to acquire the necessary signal from the satellites. I even had the sunroof completely open on the way home and it was at least 10 mins into the 22 min commute.

I've made all of the necessary settings (Location Aiding-->disabled/Menu-->Refresh GPS) to get new signal from GPS so I don't know why it takes so long. I've had this issue with all of the OS's (.114/.152 hybrid/.168/.174/.199). I skipped right thru .133...