Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Extra FaceBook icon was a extra service book... Ok guys I've talked to Tmobile and ... BlackBerry News forum

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...

Advertisement

Extra FaceBook icon was a extra service book... Ok guys I've talked to Tmobile and I'm fed up with them... Upon upgrading I can't get my "Internet Browser" option back. I have the "hotspot" and "tmobile" browsers but no Internet Browser" like before. I've resent service books and tmobile has done a plethora of things and have concluded that since in applications I just have "browser" and not "blackberry internet browser" that I need to reinstall the OS. Not to mention my email will not work still either. I think somethings setup wrong but I'm so tired of argueing with them and its hard when my mail/only phone is the borked bb. Everything keeps pointing service book here but I have had them do that and I've tried resending. Any help would be much appreciated guys. :-)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by singleguy View Post
    I tried SoftReset first and it worked! The "extra" Facebook icon is gone!

Thanks lovin2act!
    Haha! Yaaaay!!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Meh, I agree, sounds service book. Maybe a wipe and install? Sucks but may be the answer. Sorry, don't know anything else. Like I said, all I needed was service books.

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Meh, I agree, sounds service book. Maybe a wipe and install? Sucks but may be the answer. Sorry, don't know anything else. Like I said, all I needed was service books.
    No biggie man..Im sure the people at TMO hate me as my 8900 is only phone I have access to. Lol, other than when I run into issues such as this I never need another phone or a landline heh. Is their any good guides for a wipe and reinstall? They would resend me all the service books and take me off network and put me back on, but its like I never received the service books if that makes sense? I dont know why that would be. Actually had a similar issue with a 8120 before and it took several hours on the phone with em to get it straightened out. The service books werent coming through. We never did find a definite answer as to why but if anybody has any other ideas id appreciate the sdklfjsdlk out of em.

Thanks guys!

Blaine

ps When you guys open browser and go to browser options - configuration...What are your options when you click next to browser? All I have is "T-Mobile" and "Hotspot". Used to I had "Internet Browser" option there as well, and thats what I am trying to regain. The T-Mobile and Hotspot apparently lock out various options...
    Last edited by Meh!; 03-11-2009 at 04:13 PM.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Quote Originally Posted by Macinshak View Post
    Not really enjoying the .152 OS. Anyone have issues with that darn hourglass on big webpage loads? Seems to not let you do anything while it loads??? Din have an issue with my original OS from Rogers, though I do believe my batt life is better, slightly. Memory is at 96mb with very few apps installed too anyone got the same thing going on? Any issues with the .133 like this?
    I would HIGHLY recommend upgrading to .174 as its the best OS that I've used so far. I was having a lot of the same issues (and yes the hour glass of death too). .174 is definitely the best and worth your time upgrading.
    For the Memory issues, I used MemMax from BerryCoder.com and I deleted all my pre-loaded wallpapers/images, the preloaded videos, Voice Activated Dialing, and I'm now sitting at 130MB of room with LOTS of apps installed.

Macinshak no está en línea Stack level 2
    How's the battery life on the .174? And the hourglass?
    Last edited by Macinshak; 03-12-2009 at 12:57 PM.

PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    How's the battery life on the .174? And the hourglass?
    The Battery life is amazing as many stackers here have confirmed it. The hour glass hardly appears now, but saying that, it all depends on what you have running and things like that. I always have a lot of things running in the background and on .152 I had it appear A LOT; On .174, hardly ever. Worth the upgrade. I won't change to a new OS now unless its something that fixes the annoying no-wordwrap issue!!

Macinshak no está en línea Stack level 2
    Where can I find this amazing .174. How can I also determine what apps are being running "behind the scenes" on my bb? Is there an options etc?
    Last edited by Macinshak; 03-12-2009 at 01:47 PM.

PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Smile

Where can I find this amazing .174. How can I also determine what apps are being running "behind the scenes" on my bb? Is there an options etc?
    Here's the link to .174
    http://www.berryreview.com/2009/03/0...-found-online/

To see what's running in the background, go the main icon screen, click menu - switch application - that's what's running in the background. Certain ones will, like BBM, mail, browser, etc. Other ones should be closed if you're not using them to increase performance.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 03-12-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: adding good info :)
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Meh, I know its been a day, but options are as you remember. Internet browser, carrier wap, hot spot.
    I KNOW you need the service books. I had that exact problem, all I did was go to email setup and resent.
    Maybe re-register it? Dunno. Frustrating because I had this issue and got it fixed. Don't know why you can't get those books.

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    so i just upgraded to .174 Seems good so far.... It does seem a lot snappier then my previous (.114) also no more hour glass! on .114 scrolling through my picture thumbnails, it would snag a lil not with .174, havent noticed to much difference with browser speeds. and I havent had a chance to check battery life, ill keep ya updated...

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    I love .174. It is so much faster and more stable than ever. I have been on it since the day it came out and haven't looked back. I don't mind loading every beta on my device and a few people have stated they are staying with this beta until a massive update comes out but I will be loading every new one on my phone and review each one for you all to make your choice!

yunitadiana no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask 1st
    Just finished upgrade .174. Looks like normal and fine
    file free much bigger with a lot of applications like viigo, ym, msn, facebook, berrybuzz, qsms, bbtrans etc..we'll see if this .174 gonna draining my memory faster,,,

Keep upgrading everybody (^.^)
    "Am I Javelicious for you??"

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db

Question What's up?

I just tried to use the link to DL, and when I try to load .174 with DM all it wants to upgrade is three european languages. Is this correct, or am I missing something. The file downloads, installs, and does everything correctly. Just doesn't try to load a new OS.

Papag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b0c8db
    False alarm... I fixed it. Now running .174