Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Yeah I'm not doing another update either, unless they fix the Word Wrap issue. Then ... BlackBerry News forum

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Advertisement

Yeah I'm not doing another update either, unless they fix the Word Wrap issue. Then maybe. .174 is by far the best OS.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    The UMA issue continued for me at work, with the connection shifting between UMA and EDGE thoughout the day. At home, however, the phone snapped to UMA as I walked into my garage, and has stuck there for the last couple of hours. Seems that the weirdness I saw was related to the WiFi router at my office (perhaps). Seems fine at home.

Re: battery - yes - excellent so far. It's been 13 hours off the charger, with UMA, Bluetooth, several calls, emails, downloads, web browsing, etc. After 13 hours the battery is at 80%. Very happy about this -- seems quite good.

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    The UMA issue continued for me at work, with the connection shifting between UMA and EDGE thoughout the day. At home, however, the phone snapped to UMA as I walked into my garage, and has stuck there for the last couple of hours. Seems that the weirdness I saw was related to the WiFi router at my office (perhaps). Seems fine at home.

Re: battery - yes - excellent so far. It's been 13 hours off the charger, with UMA, Bluetooth, several calls, emails, downloads, web browsing, etc. After 13 hours the battery is at 80%. Very happy about this -- seems quite good.
    Try this, Take the battery and sim card out of your berry. While they are out, reboot your router. Wait for your router to boot back up fully then install your SIM card and Battery again and boot the berry back up and scan for your network. Also, if that doesn't work, you may need to call T-Mobile to add a 911 address for home and work. As on UMA, 911 can't track your location.

This worked for me as the other day my UMA shut off completely, tried rebooting and still didn't work, it found the router and was connected but was getting error "Network Busy, Retry" in WIFI Diagnostics.
    http://twitter.com/HotCelica
    hotcelica@crackberry.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/HotCelica
    Rockin a T-Mobile 8900 5.0.190
    Just bought the GF a T-Mobile 8220(Yep converted her to the darkside)

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    I just started playing with .174..Question though.. It has just left me with T-Mobile and Hotspot Brower options..How do I get the "Internet Browser" option back?

Thanks,

Blaine

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Meh, resend service books. I had the same issue.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post

...and now that I'm back at work, I'm seeing the same flakey UMA behavior. At home, UMA stayed locked on all night without a hiccup. I was pleased to see that even outside my house, with my car in the driveway perhaps 35ft away from the wireless access point inside my home office, UMA was still there - and worked like lightning. But at work the situation is significantly different: UMA locks on quickly, but comes and goes unpredictably. I also had problems initially, here, getting a response from the DHCP server in the office, so I wound up getting a static IP assignment -- definitely something less-than-perfect in the WiFi setup at work, so I won't blame this on the 8900. Everywhere else (Panera, BestBuy, my local Library, my home, etc) UMA seems to be perfect.

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Meh, resend service books. I had the same issue.
    No dice resent them now what?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Uh, dunno. I had that same issue, resent, reboot all was well. Despite what everyone is saying I've had a few hiccups with this build. Nothing show stopping, just "wth moments".
    The browser issue was one. Just went and resent books. Still wanted to use media net as browser at first, but the internet browser was back. Kept defaulting to that here. Eventually deleted the bookmark and all went back to normal.

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3

Question

The only issue I have with .174 is an extra Facebook icon appeared in my downloads folder. If I click on this icon my bb web browser starts at the goto screen.

Strange ...

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Can you just delete the extra icon? Does the other one work correctly? If so and you can't delete right from the folder then goto Options-Advanced Options-Applications- and go down to facebook and see if there is an extra facebook in there that's writing is in BOLD lettering and if it is then delete it from there

Hope this helps

caldw3l no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABAE06
    Been on .174 for 12 hours, browser is very zippy, bat is @ 75% with web, several emails + text.

Quote Originally Posted by HotCelica View Post
    Can you just delete the extra icon? Does the other one work correctly? If so and you can't delete right from the folder then goto Options-Advanced Options-Applications- and go down to facebook and see if there is an extra facebook in there that's writing is in BOLD lettering and if it is then delete it from there

Hope this helps
    No, I can't delete it. Just hide it, move it, etc. No extra Facebook icon in Options-Advanced Options-Applications either. I hid it but its just strange.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by singleguy View Post
    No, I can't delete it. Just hide it, move it, etc. No extra Facebook icon in Options-Advanced Options-Applications either. I hid it but its just strange.

I had that same thing happen too and did the same thing also. After I few battery pulls while doing other things, I have noticed that it is no longer listed in my icons. Kinda took care of itself or something. I unhide my items to go back through them once in a while and, whala....it is no more! Uno facebook icon only now on my phone! So hopefully yours will do the same!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2act View Post
    I had that same thing happen too and did the same thing also. After I few battery pulls while doing other things, I have noticed that it is no longer listed in my icons. Kinda took care of itself or something. I unhide my items to go back through them once in a while and, whala....it is no more! Uno facebook icon only now on my phone! So hopefully yours will do the same!
    I tried SoftReset first and it worked! The "extra" Facebook icon is gone!

Thanks lovin2act!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Funny, I got the facebook icon as well after upgrading and after sending servicebooks and a reboot, it was gone. Go figure..