Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by HeavyComponent That's cool, but I never let the OS do a backup ... BlackBerry News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    That's cool, but I never let the OS do a backup when I'm upgrading because I had a error once or twice when the OS tried to load the backup. So I do all that by myself so I don't have to worry about anything.

--HeavyC.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Gotcha. That makes sense then. Better safe than sorry!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1 View Post
    Until today I always wiped with JL_Cmdr. Today I loaded the OS, deleted the vendor, backed up my phone, ran the upgrade thru DM and had it restore afterward and it seemed to go fine.

So by doing it the way I just said I did does a wipe of all device data at the same time thru DM and the only way it has previous device settings and apps onboard after the upgrade is due to the prior backup? Is that accurate?

Thanks guys.
    You are correct, sir!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ok maybe wishing I hadn't gone to .174.
    After 2 reboots battery to 90%, noting extra running in bg. Noticed on browser I can't change home page from media net any longer. Guess I'll end up staying up after work anyway to downgrade.

Edit. Some how I only have media net and hot spot as my default browser options. Never had that happen. Icon shows as browser. Gah, it'll dfrive me nuts till I fix it. Can't wait for 6 am!
    Last edited by jfcooley; 03-09-2009 at 06:05 PM.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You are correct, sir!
    Perfect! Thx
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

Do you guys have a problem with Google Sync not working after an upgrade and restore? It is the only app not working and it is the most vital for me. I already power cycled it and still no go. It keeps saying sync failed.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Google Sync still works well for me on the new .174
    Battery is great as well. So far the best.

I got it going. I had to reset the sync.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Just wanted to report that my battery life has been excellent on the .174. Only down 15% in the last 15 hours.
    __

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    Yeah I have to say this is definitely the best beta so far. Great battery life here too as I'm constantly on mine, and usually my phone is dead by now on .168, but I'm only at %50 now, so I'm loving .174. Everything else has been responding perfectly, hardly any lag when moving between apps and folders, so I would HIGHLY recommend updating everyone!
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok. I took the plunge too.

You'd think someone would come up with an app that would automatically update our profiles here on PinStack to reflect our current BB phone, pin and OS version ...

bionicjive no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you pinstackers!! I installed .174 on my 8900 which was originally shiped with
    .138. Loving the upgraded os..no excuse me I ment to say its ny new baby.
    I thought I was addicted to this device when I first got it now I find myself up @
    Night typing, watching, downloading, etc...going to give it a full run today and get back to everyone
    Thanks again evryone

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    installed .174 last night. when i switched on wifi for the first time after the upgrade the device did a reboot... that seemed a bit odd... but apart from that everything seems to be running smoothly. can't really tell about battery life just yet.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    another day another praise for .174 definitely great. Im not switching to a newer beta unless it brings new functionalities because my 8900 right now is just plain perfect.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    .174 has been the best for me so far, except for one tiny issue that may, or may not, be due to the OS (not sure yet). I've been at work for the past 7 hours, where my 8900 is set to lock onto the office WiFi access point. It generally switches right into UMA, as I have my settings for "WiFi preferred" activated. Today, my connection has been drifting back and forth between UMA and EDGE while I sit at my desk, within 30 feet of the WiFi access point. I can't see any particular pattern to this -- and was wondering why this might be happening.

in4am0spun no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24ABA5D2
    .174 has to be the best, the battery last forever.. In which on .168 the battery lasted about 4 hrs be4 it died or @least went to critical... Uma/edge is great... Sound is great.. BEST so far.. I don't think ill be doing anothr update