Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

I've only made/received a few calls on .168. Not enough to judge battery drain in ... BlackBerry News forum

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I've only made/received a few calls on .168. Not enough to judge battery drain in that aspect, but I have been surfin' and emailin' and textin' nearly continously since taking it off the charging cradle and I'd swear the battery meter is stuck or broken. That's how much its moved. But word wrap in text boxes is non-existant, its broken.

David
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jsfortner no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've had .168 for a few weeks now and I haven't had any problems. Battery life has be average to above average compared to .133. For me, things seem to load quicker.

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Os 4.6.1.168

I did a forum search and this update did not come up. Does anyone have any experience with this update?

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    For which model because according to your profile you have a 8320 which doesn't support a 4.6 OS yet.

If it helps the latest OS versions are here.

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    afaik this is not an official update but a leaked beta version, you'll find some info on it in the 8900 beta discussion thread

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    That OS is for 8900 ONLY!!

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sure does not look like a beta to me. Can anyone prove it is?

Newest 8900 OS: v4.6.1.168 (Multilanguage)

Official Software For BlackBerry® Curve (TM) 8900 smartphone
    From carrier A1 (Austria), this will load to any carrier's 8900 model.

(Contains English)

Package Version: 4.6.1.267
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.6.1.168
    * Software Platform: 4.2.0.94
    * File name: 8900_4.6.1.168 .exe
    * File size: 120MB

jekko1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    When I updated my phone to .168 I lost my faves and not sure how to get it back. I pulled the battery and resent service books still nothing. any ideas?

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by th577 View Post
    Sure does not look like a beta to me. Can anyone prove it is?
    Can't prove anything, interesting though it's not declared official yet even though the download comes from an official A1 update site (for A1 customers only).

Anyways, after running it for a few days I have to say that my battery life was better on .152

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by jekko1 View Post
    When I updated my phone to .168 I lost my faves and not sure how to get it back. I pulled the battery and resent service books still nothing. any ideas?
    Same thing happened to me, Either call T-Mobile CS and have them refresh it or log on to my.t-mobile.com and goto manage myfaves, on the left you will see a link that says Myfaves is Missing, Click that, To the right you can refresh your myfaves
    http://twitter.com/HotCelica
    hotcelica@crackberry.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/HotCelica
    Rockin a T-Mobile 8900 5.0.190
    Just bought the GF a T-Mobile 8220(Yep converted her to the darkside)

Thanks! When I did that i got a text saying myfaves have been refreshed but then these error messages popped up "uncaught execption: java.lang.nullpointerexecptionjava error

animalpop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AB300C
    You still have access to the benefits of the my faves program, you don't NEED the app on your phone.

Have you done a battery pull?

you can also resend your service books: Settings Folder> Options> Advanced options> Host Routing Table> Menu button (blackberry symbol), Register Now
    Last edited by animalpop; 03-05-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: added self serve service book info.

I have gone to tmobiles website and tried to resend myfaves to my bb that way. U have refreshed them from my bb and that didn't work. I pulled the battery and I sent servive books via the options menu and housting routing section, the email site and using the fast reset.
    I still don't have the myfaves or the little icon next to their names.
    I reallty just want to make sure I am not being charged when I call those peeps.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Question Problems backing up on .168

Hey all.

Ok, new issue: I just tried to Backup my device since I haven't done it for a bit. I load up the DM, and start the backup process...

Errors out on "Secure Email Decision Maker" database and cannot continue the backup. Anyone know what's going on?

Also, since updating to .168, DM says there is a new update for me now and wants to upgrade my device. Not sure if it's a legit Rogers one, but should I do it? DM doesn't show me which version it's installing, so I'm not sure.

Thanks for your help in advance.
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Well you can go in the Advanced Options and delete that corrupt database and then try to back up.

As for the updating the device...

What DM did you install? There's an issue with the later versions and the automatic updater.

1. Go to Control Panel >Add/Remove Programs.
    2. Click on "BlackBerry Desktop Software" and select "Change/Remove."
    3. When prompted, hit "Next" and then you should get options for Modify, Repair, or Remove. Choose "Modify."
    4. On DM 4.7 and higher, in the list of installed items, you should see "BlackBerry Automatic Update." Click the icon next to it and change it to "This feature will not be available." That should put an "X" next to "BlackBerry Automatic Update." If you are using DM 4.6 or lower and don't see this option in this list then just continue with the install and the installation will ask you a few screens later. A screen will be shown where you will be asked to check the boxes for:

A) "Start BlackBerry Desktop Manager automatically each time the computer starts."
    B) "Create a shortcut for BlackBerry Desktop Manager on the Windows Desktop."
    C) "Check for software updates."

Be sure number 3, "Check for software updates," is NOT checked.

5. Finish the installation.

hope that helps.

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast