Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Oh wow...sorry. That article was dated this morning, so I figured it was current.... BlackBerry News forum

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Advertisement

Oh wow...sorry. That article was dated this morning, so I figured it was current.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Oh wow...sorry. That article was dated this morning, so I figured it was current.
    Now I will say I am sorry because of the picture used I assumed it was an older news piece. That is the most up to date one. My apologies.

No worries I was hoping for RIM's sake he'd get to keep it. It would only serve to keep them driving forward with security and development.

Allwin no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am so tired of hearing about Obama. Don't get me wrong I voted for him but the media is going to run him in the ground. Argh Enough already.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Watching the WH Briefing it appears it is still actually a Blackberry that has been adjusted for security .

update: Searching and reading online it appears no one knows for sure and maybe the press sec..just says its a BB so Obama doesn't have as bad a withdrawal. Now I am finding reports it made by GD and runs windows mobile..Naw that wont get hacked...and yes I am bored or else I wouldn't be wasting my time.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 01-22-2009 at 03:43 PM.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    RIM is probably designing an Obama Blackberry right now. It will blow the storms and bolds and new curves away. haha... If he did get rid of it and he sold it I wonder how much it would bring on eBay. Seeing as his car is outrageous on there...
    -Josh

Here's another article, this one says he gets to keep it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28780205...5829?GT1=40006

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Here's another article, this one says he gets to keep it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28780205...5829?GT1=40006
    The Sectera looks like an extremely interesting device.

I'm glad the President gets to keep his Berry.... I can't imagine how couped up I wouls feel in his shoes. Take away my Berry and I would go insane. In this high tech gadget driven, go go go world, my wife and I communicate more by Berry than we do in person. IT is the nature of the beast in the non-stop business world in which we exist.

I can't even fathom what it would be like for the president. It would almost be like being in prison. All alone except for a handful of people to interact with. His Berry would allow him a modicum of normalcy in an environment that has to be as removed from normal as any environment could be.

I only hope that, if RIM comes up with more security features, they feel free to pass them on to the common-folk among us.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    I think all the hubbub about the president having his Blackberry is craziness.

Of course, we all remember the story last year about some whacko swiping a bunch of Blackberries left in the anteroom while government officials were in meetings. They brought that one upon themselves. If the BB's in question contain such sensitive data, perhaps the solution is the general with the "FOOTBALL" could have another case that the officials deposit their BB's in while in the meetings.

The president, though powerful and in a sensitive position, is still a citizen. He should be afforded the same technological tools as anyone else.

Mr. Obama is not a stupid man. I am certain he would be able to decide what he should and shouldn't do with his BB. I certainly don't do all my sensitive BUSINESS communications on my personal BB. I use my BES device for that. That device is not left laying around at trade events or in the waiting room at the office.

If *I* can use my BB's responsibily, why can't the POTUS.

The bottom line is... Mr. Obama is the BOSS. I say he should put his foot down and just tell the weenies that he is keeping his BB.
    i think this is by far the best way too put the issue. he is very intelligent so let him decide what he can and can't do
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

sk1d no está en línea Stack level 2
    Its now Official

Barack Obama is keeping his BlackBerry or "BarackBerry" as it is now called.

Correct me if i am wrong , but sources say this handset is protected and worth $3250

Not cheap, but I guess keeping in touch is what Americans want a president to do so their issues could be addressed.

Gone are the days when the President speaks on TV and receives responses in Polls

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I'd love to have his PIN lol

sk1d no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ha ha ha

A Spy-proof Handset is gonna be made for him, even though he keeps his BlackBerry to send messages to close advisers and friends only

cmcclint07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    President Obama's calling the shots. Technology will then have to adjust to support His needs!

cmcclint07 no está en línea Stack level 1
    That's totally cool!

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcclint07 View Post
    President Obama's calling the shots. Technology will then have to adjust to support His needs!
    And the tax payer will pay ton's of money so one guy can have something they will not sell to anybody else. This is a great idea, our government has too much trouble securing it's computers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123