Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TomsGuide When Senator Barack Obama become President Barack Obama, the BlackBerry-wielding Commander-in-Chief was forced to ... BlackBerry News forum

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

Obama’s White House getting super-secure BlackBerry 8830 soon

Advertisement

TomsGuideWhen Senator Barack Obama become President Barack Obama, the BlackBerry-wielding Commander-in-Chief was forced to give up his handy BlackBerry for anything but personal communications. The POTUS was given an NSA-certified Sectera Edge smartphone for all official communiques that intelligence-types would rather keep under encrypted lock-and-key. But, it seems the President just can’t do without his trusty BlackBerry 8830. Presumably at his request, the NSA is now working on a super-secure BlackBerry 8830 that will conform to NSA and federal encryption standards, allowing President Obama to do whatever it is that US Presidents do on his beloved BlackBerry.
    A new report from the Washington Times indicates that the NSA is in the final stages of development on the President’s new BlackBerry 8830. Using Genesis Key Inc.’s SecureVoice software, the NSA is crafting custom BlackBerry 8830’s that can withstand hacker attacks and thwart eavesdropping spies. And, it looks like the rest of Obama’s BlackBerry-loving White House will be getting their very own spy-proof BlackBerry 8830 - First Lady Michelle Obama and some White House aides will apparently be rocking the NSA-made 8830 in short order.
    Now, we have to wonder if President Obama will have the NSA craft customized BlackBerry handsets everytime RIM announces a new Curve. We’ll likely see RIM launching new Curve hardware sometime within the next few years. Will Obama be content with his aging 8830? We think not.

Courtesy of Toms Guide
    Read More
    Last edited by azstar; 04-24-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Ya know, I really dont think all the hype is going to help anything. I mean its just going to make it more of a target for those that want to make a name for themselvs to be the one who hacked the prez. um duh
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    ^^those type of people are going to know anyways it does not matter. this is just for the average american to be informed, i am sure hackers already knew about this before it was ever posted anywhere.

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ok so which one of us STACKERS is Obama.

iLord is DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by sooner View Post
    Ok so which one of us STACKERS is Obama.
    Hayden is !

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    he will never tell us..-.-..

let's see....do I want a Blackberry or do I want this US GOV approved General Dynamics Cell phone...oh and this is a real phone...

PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    ^^does this device encrypt its transmissions? where can i get one? and for how much?

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    All the poor guy wants to do is play Spider Solitaire. C'mon.....give him a break.
    Andy

boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    All the poor guy wants to do is play Spider Solitaire. C'mon.....give him a break.
    lol.. that made me laugh.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    This came out a couple of months ago and still after all the news and hoopla the last I heard he is still sporting his berry and not this device. Like I have said before my Uncle works for the DOD as a Sr. Advisor to the Sec. Of Defense and if his berry is secure enough I am sure Obama's would be to for simple social interaction with his family and friends.

I would love to give it a test drive I think it might be cool. I think I remember the price being around 2,400 bucks.

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    What's up with the 8830 being his BB of choice...bet he has to reboot often, but I'm sure his GPS is not on lock down.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Obama is always good for a laugh
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My immediate thoughts go to sooner...yeah, ok ! Own up Obama, what´s your Stacker name ?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Yea, what's up with the 8830, he needs a BOLD, and I doubt he would have GPS.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast