Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by sk1d I cannot wait to see how this turns out He'll probably ... BlackBerry News forum

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sk1d View Post
    I cannot wait to see how this turns out
    He'll probably end up giving up his BB priviliages, 1 he is basically now government owned property, and 2 its to great of a security risk, there not worried about the presidents BB getting hacked, but you don't know how secure the people he emails are and you don't know what he would be telling them and you would have to worry about the security of the peoples email addresses. I'm sure we all know atleast one person who uses the password 1234 for an email account password, this could take a hacker a matter of seconds, then he could do as he pleases no encryption is impossible to break. Not only are you going to have hackers from every country hunting for that BB address, but your going to have pesky employees from his phone service provider peeking around and selloin info, only way I could see hom keeping his BB is if he has his own personal BB server that can be run and monitored by the secret service

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    He is the president of the United States.

No one should have access to him via email.

There is nothing to discuss. He will go thru a dry spell for 4 to 8 years.

But his loyal BlackBerry will be waiting for him when he exits the oval office.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    He's a crackberry addict.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    If he cant give up smoking, he will never give up his BB
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by rjs87 View Post
    He'll probably end up giving up his BB priviliages, 1 he is basically now government owned property, and 2 its to great of a security risk, there not worried about the presidents BB getting hacked, but you don't know how secure the people he emails are and you don't know what he would be telling them and you would have to worry about the security of the peoples email addresses. I'm sure we all know atleast one person who uses the password 1234 for an email account password, this could take a hacker a matter of seconds, then he could do as he pleases no encryption is impossible to break. Not only are you going to have hackers from every country hunting for that BB address, but your going to have pesky employees from his phone service provider peeking around and selloin info, only way I could see hom keeping his BB is if he has his own personal BB server that can be run and monitored by the secret service
    And how is this any different from him sitting at his PC and emailing. How secure is the phone line of everyone he may speak to on a daily basis. This is all a little too cloak and dagger.

He is a smart man. I am sure he wouldn't use his BB for sensitive communications. As I said in another post, his use would probably be more personal. Even the president is allowed personal communications. How embarrasing it would be for some yahoo to hack his BB just to read, "Hi daddy! Workin' hard?" or "Hey Michelle, wear the red one tonight!!" Now that would be news!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

MeatLoafT no está en línea Stack level 3
    I suppose they could always put it on a *PRES-BES* and lock it down so tight that the only email and text he could get would be from his family...
    My personal opinion is that as secure as a BB is, cell tower triangulation and or GPS is a security risk for him. Disable the radio and GPS and let him carry it around... LOL.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Someone get him a Dummy/Display phone that he can carry around, just to help him thru the withdrawl period.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatLoafT View Post
    ............... Disable the radio and GPS and let him carry it around... LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    Someone get him a Dummy/Display phone that he can carry around, just to help him thru the withdrawl period.
    ...or as MeatLoaf suggested, disable the radio and GPS - he could still get a big media card and listen to his favorite tunes, podcasts, etc.

He's gonna be too busy to do much with a BB. Have you guys seen a president's schecule? They have every minute of every day scheduled from about morning to well into the evening.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Get John McCain in to handle his bb. I'm sure as the man that invented the bb he could figure out the way of making it work.
    And I heard he has some free time on his hands
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post

He's gonna be too busy to do much with a BB. Have you guys seen a president's schecule? They have every minute of every day scheduled from about morning to well into the evening.
    Hmm, this may be exactly why he DOES need a Blackberry. This could eliminate a staff member, thus cutting government spending!

Quote Originally Posted by Erievon View Post
    Hmm, this may be exactly why he DOES need a Blackberry. This could eliminate a staff member, thus cutting government spending!
    I've had a chance to page through Clinton's daily schedule at the Clinton library which is in LR. I assume all President's have about the same degree of "busy-ness" - his staff will take care of his time if that was any indication and he won't have time for emailing, texting, etc., IMO. He'll barely have time to make his "next appointment."
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Imma send him a dummy storm. Lol! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sk1d no está en línea Stack level 2
    This blog was about his BlackBerry and not policies

For BlackBerry, Obama’s Devotion Is Priceless

For BlackBerry, Obama’s Devotion Is Priceless (N YTimes)

By STEPHANIE CLIFFORD
    Published: January 8, 2009
    This week, Michael Phelps signed a deal worth more than $1 million to advertise Mazda in China. Jerry Seinfeld earned a reported $10 million to appear in Microsoft’s recent television campaign.

But the person who may be the biggest celebrity pitchman in the world is not earning a penny for his work.
    President-elect Barack Obama has repeatedly said how much his BlackBerry means to him and how he is dreading the prospect of being forced to give it up, ...

read more here...

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Before reading this article I have been thinking how much is just sitting back and enjoying all of this. They can probably reduce their advertising budget for a month or two and let Obama do it for them.

It is without a doubt "priceless". MasterCard should make a commercial about it...haha
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast