Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

The people at Nobex Radio Companion let me know that their newest version has gone ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Nobex Radio Companion Updated, Many New Features Added!

Advertisement

The people at Nobex Radio Companion let me know that their newest version has gone live today and is available for download. I have been testing this and they have added some great new features, improved the stream, added stations....it just keeps getting better. I am loving this newest version. As you all know there have been several new radio apps released for BlackBerry lately, each one having it's own pros and cons. Nobex has some really different features and is definitely worth trying out!

Here are some of the details on new features sent to me by NobexRC.

"See Lyrics
    - you can see the lyrics of the song that is playing (or recently played). If you are listening to the song through Nobex Radio Companion, you can even have the lyrics scroll synchronized with the song - turning your BlackBerry into your very own karaoke machine"

I love this feature, I love reading lyrics while listening to music, that's why I still buy more CDs than digital downloads, this is even better, no digging around for the CD case with all the notes! The ability to sync the lyrics to scroll automatically with the song works really well, definitely my favorite of the new additions to NobexRC!

"Read Song and Artist Info - Using the “Lyrics and More” screen, you can now see Artist and Song info too. You can find out how the band you love got together, and why they wrote that song you can't get out of your head."

This feature is great too, see the history of the band, learn what's behind a certain song. Interesting info right at your fingertips. The info is not always available, it depends on the source database. But it has been there more than not and is a great feature.

"Get Songs or Ringtones - with a single click, right from your mobile device. Or, choose to receive an email with links to buy the song on your PC, so you can always keep your music collection fresh"

Decide you want to buy a song, just click Get It from the menu and you will get an email with links to buy the song from iTunes or Amazon. No need to try to find it later when you get to your PC and log on to iTunes, it's in the email, just click and buy!

"Hear Song Snippets - if you're not sure if the song you just missed is the one you have been wanting to download"

You can even scroll back through album art to songs you missed, click Hear This Song from the menu and hear a short bit of the song and confirm if that's the song you were thinking it was.

Note that not all features are available on all songs or stations, they vary by availability. But you need to try it out!

To download from your BlackBerry go to: www.nobexrc.com from your BlackBerry browser.
    To download from your PC go to www.nobexrc.com/download

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Awesome! Thanks AZ!

Ugh. Still don't have a couple of stations I've been waiting for. But, it's still my favorite streaming app.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Would probably be my favorite to if it would connect like it did when I first got it. I may downgrade today and see if the .127 is the trouble.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Try this new version, they have fixed some streaming issues, much better for me now!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I haven't tried the new version yet, but I was having issues with buffering that I didn't have when I first installed it. Not nearly as bad as with iheartradio, but still mildly annoying when you're trying to enjoy music.

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Try this new version, they have fixed some streaming issues, much better for me now!
    When I'm done listening to the PSCast, I'll boot 'er up!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    After new version and battery pull seems to have done the trick.

dustin0888 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tryed it and I don't know if I like this or myxer. Myxer is better I think

Quote Originally Posted by dustin0888 View Post
    I tryed it and I don't know if I like this or myxer. Myxer is better I think
    Umm, I'm confused, myxer is for making/downloading ringtones, nobexRC is a streaming radio app. How are they comparable?
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Here we go again! Weeeee! A new version of Nobex! Getting now.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Well, dangit! I'm still getting those annoying little interruptions. Very frustrating.

Really, I rarely get an interuption unless I forget to change profile to silent. Ringers and notifiers will interupt the stream.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Works great so far - now to explore the stations list. I can see they've added stations - I'm gonna go exploring outside the areas that I'm familiar with.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Really, I rarely get an interuption unless I forget to change profile to silent. Ringers and notifiers will interupt the stream.
    It's sporadic. It'll play flawlessly for awhile, then there'll be an interruption. I do have the phone in quiet mode, too. Been great for the past several minutes, though.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast