Nobex Radio Companion has received another big update. One big change is the addition of ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Nobex Radio Companion Goes Global, Stations From 17 More Countries Added

Nobex Radio Companion has received another big update. One big change is the addition of stations from 17 more countries around the globe. This includes stations from Italy, France, Spain, Argentina, Mexico and many more. This brings their list of playable stations to over 2,000 and you can see the playlists of over 2,700.

For those not familiar with Nobex Radio Companion, it is a free download by going to from your BB browser or find it in App World in the Music & Video section. If you already have Nobex, you can use the Check for Updates feature in the menu to see if you have the latest version. Some of the great features of Nobex are streaming radio, get ringtones or links to buy the song, see the lyrics and have them scroll along with the song as you listen, see song and artist info, scroll through album art of recent playlist. Did you miss a song, just scroll to the album artwork and hit song sample in the menu to hear a snippet of that song.

But if you want to hear all those global stations just added, you must buy the premium version for a $3.99 monthly subscription through Mobihand or $19.99 for a year through App World. Nobex has been talking about adding a subscription for quite a while. For those of us that have been using NobexRC, US, UK, and Canadian stations will still be free. But basically it will go by location, if you live in Mexico the Mexican stations will be free for you but others will require a subscription.

I know many will stick with the free version, but for those who are really into global music or who are maybe missing a station they loved when they lived abroad then you may want to check it out. The price really isn't bad either, especially if you purchase it for $19.99 for a year, that's only just over 5 cents per day. If you are not sure if it's worth it then try it for a month, $3.99 works out to around 13 cents per day.

In addition to access to global channels, the premium version also allows users access to a "my account" page on the Nobex website with a couple nice features. There's a my music tab which tracks your music info requests and has links to purchase songs from iTunes or Amazon in case you lost the email with that info. The other fun addition is the ability to personalize a bit, you can upload your own photos to the Nobex site and they display in NobexRC when you are playing music. Your images replace the ads that normally appear in album artwork during commercials or on stations where album artwork/playlists are not available. I have been testing this out and it's actually quite nice to see a slideshow of your own pics instead of ads.

Last edited by RogerG; 07-23-2009 at 09:23 AM.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    Thanks Az. I grabbed this app when it was in beta and I loved it. I could hear all my local stations, see the song title, and see a list of the songs recently played. It really is a great app.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS