Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The folks at Nobex have been hard at work adding more new stations. I received ... BlackBerry News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Nobex Has Added Over 250 NPR Stations

Advertisement

The folks at Nobex have been hard at work adding more new stations. I received 2 emails from them over the weekend. The first was to let me know that a station I had requested as playable many months ago is now up and running(and streaming beautifully btw). So if you have made a request, rest assured they are working to fill as many of those requests as they can. Then I got the second email to let me know that they have recently added over 250 NPR stations.

"More good news from Nobex! We’ve now added over 250 NPR stations from across the US to Nobex Radio Companion. You can listen to your favorite commercial-free stations in almost all 50 states and Puerto Rico.
    As always, Nobex Radio Companion also lets you see the recent playlist of over 2,700 radio and to listen to over 1000 playable stations. Take advantage of cool features like lyrics that scroll to the music and fun facts about the artist and song you are listening to. Don’t forget that you can also get songs or ringtones with a single click, straight from your device.
    Sports, Music, or news, never miss your favorite radio program again with Nobex Radio Companion!
    To download go to www.nobexrc.com from your Blackberry browser or download directly from App World, from the Music & Video section"

If you have never tried Nobex, check it out, if you haven't used it in a while, get the updated version and try it again, there have been so many improvements since it was first released. This is one of my favorite apps in the streaming music category.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    This is "right up my alley!" I'll be checking it out and using more than in the past. I listen to a LOT of NPR. Thanks for keeping up and posting, AZ.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I guess this is one of the aps that you need to delete the old version before DL-ing the new one. I DL'ed .188 and got two copies. :d
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Haha, thanks JB, I guess that's good if it turns out that you like the old version better and I knew you would be the 1st to comment on the addition of the NPR stations
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Yep. Some MAY like the old version better but it won't be me! The more NPR choices I have the better I like it although I (really) only have a few favorites + my local one and Dallas because I already know their schedules.

crysti_reyes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B09C64
    Hmm...

I am in the process of downloading this. I really do love my NPR, but I have been using FlyCast for that until now.

I hope I like Nobex!

Quote Originally Posted by crysti_reyes View Post
    Hmm...

I am in the process of downloading this. I really do love my NPR, but I have been using FlyCast for that until now.

I hope I like Nobex!
    Post back how your compare the two - I never "took to" Flycast for some reason. I guess my use of Slacker and Pandora plus a couple of others and the amount of time in the day prevented it.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    In the past when they added stations, you didnt have to download again, it was just pushed into the menu.. Is that not the case this time?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    In the past when they added stations, you didnt have to download again, it was just pushed into the menu.. Is that not the case this time?
    That probably is the case - unless you have an older version you probably don't have to re-download to get the new stations.

You can use the Check for Updates feature in the Nobex menu, it will let you know if there's a newer version out.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

nobex no está en línea Stack level 2

No need to download a new version

Hi guys, Nobex here,

While we always recommend an upgrade to the latest version (improvements, bug fixes, new features), you do not have to upgrade to get the new stations. You can just click the Add Station menu item and search for any station we support.

Thanks Azstar for posting it, and yes, we are working on adding as many stations as possible from the ones requested.

The Nobex team

Thanks, Nobex, for the info and thanks again to Azstar for keeping us in the loop.

Mystre no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249EBB1d
    Has there been any luck on fixing espn 30? I spoke with a rep and he said you guys are working on it.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks AZ. I really like NPR.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

FYI, I'm unable to connect wi-fi only on my 8900 - I was able to use Nobex (wi-fi only) previously on my 8320.

Maybe the new version has prevented that (wi-fi only) use? Anyone have a comment?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast