OTA Install www.toysoft.ca/beta/picPuzzleStorm.jad... BlackBerry News forum

Smiley88 no está en línea Developer

New Picture Puzzle beta for Storm

Advertisement

Visit our website www.toysoft.ca

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    no love for current BB models?? Or is it a touch thing??
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    no love for current BB models?? Or is it a touch thing??

Yes. get it here http://www.toysoft.ca/picpuzzle_bb.html

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    smiley,the app looks nice and has good potential. a couple of things.

when you hit "trial mode" you just get a white screen and nothing else till you hit berry>new game. that might just be a trial mode thing but white screens tend to freak people out and it would be nice to see some other screen indicating your options or just bring up a new game.

the other more serious problem(for me any way) is the navigation is backwards. you move the white square instead of moving the actual picture pieces. just like the old school game, you need to be able to move the picture pieces and not the white square.

when you select "new game" sometimes the picture is not mixed up very well. a lot of times only a few moves completes the game.

the "cheat mode" the numbers run up and down...to me it would be easier if they ran side to side.

works only in portrait. would be nice to see landscape mode also...might be asking too much since it's using system pics.
    Last edited by catstide; 12-31-2008 at 09:23 AM.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    smiley,the app looks nice and has good potential. a couple of things.

when you hit "trial mode" you just get a white screen and nothing else till you hit berry>new game. that might just be a trial mode thing but white screens tend to freak people out and it would be nice to see some other screen indicating your options or just bring up a new game.

the other more serious problem(for me any way) is the navigation is backwards. you move the white square instead of moving the actual picture pieces. just like the old school game, you need to be able to move the picture pieces and not the white square.

when you select "new game" sometimes the picture is not mixed up very well. a lot of times only a few moves completes the game.

the "cheat mode" the numbers run up and down...to me it would be easier if they ran side to side.

works only in portrait. would be nice to see landscape mode also...might be asking too much since it's using system pics.
    hmmm.. you are not suppose to move the white square because that would be impossible to do. the way it works is like you said you move (slide) the picture into the blank square.

will fix the blank screen problem.

we have disabled the landscape mode because it screws up when you change modes during the game.

rok8man no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have the curve PicPuzzle and when I try to run the program I am getting an error message: "uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" Anyone else getting this error? I have deleted the program and reinstalled and getting the same error.

Quote Originally Posted by rok8man View Post
    I have the curve PicPuzzle and when I try to run the program I am getting an error message: "uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" Anyone else getting this error? I have deleted the program and reinstalled and getting the same error.
    was this working before or this is the first time you try to run it?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley88 View Post
    hmmm.. you are not suppose to move the white square because that would be impossible to do. the way it works is like you said you move (slide) the picture into the blank square.
    i'm telling you that's the way it's working....and it's not impossible because i'm doing it. put your finger on a pic square and drag...nothing happens. put your finger on the white square and drag...it moves.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley88 View Post

Thanks Smiley, I will check it out!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    i'm telling you that's the way it's working....and it's not impossible because i'm doing it. put your finger on a pic square and drag...nothing happens. put your finger on the white square and drag...it moves.
    ok. i see the problem.

the way picPuzzle handles the touches is the up event.
    so where ever you let go of the touch that is where picPuzzle will move.
    will try to work on the slide mode.

new 1.0.8 beta

here is version 1.0.8

OTA www.toysoft.ca/beta/picPuzzleStorm.jad

-added swipe. to move the square just swipe the direction you want to move anywhere on the screen

- fixed the minor bug when the touch routine. instead of swipe you can just touch the square to move

- if think the puzzle is too easy then goto the Prefs and uncheck "Challenge" checkbox. In Challenge mode it starts really easy to difficult.

If you still encounter white screen when you start it just press the menu key and select New Game.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    still get the white screen of death. the navigation is just too complicated for what should be a simple game.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Ok no pun intended, but the developer needs to go back to the drawing board with this game...I tried to load it today again when u first load the game it takes 4ever and a day to launch...when it does launch u get a white screen telling u to press menu key to start...I do that it comes up with a dialog box saying i have to select a pic in pref screen before u can start new game...I said to myself ok I try to get it to load my mem card folder no go...so I try to load the pics on the system folder I select folder then close another menu pops up "start a new game?" I select yes....here comes the tricky part the menu screen pops up again asking me to select a pic folder in pref screen before I can start new game!!! What gives?? the game has potential but the slide thingy aint workiing tap to move would be better....and the game over all aint working!! And dont forget the blank white screen was looking at it for about 2 mins gave up and deleted game!!! Come again???!!...I hope this thing aint coming out of out of beta no time soon....
    Last edited by butterfly2; 01-03-2009 at 01:21 AM.
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    I'm with you butterfly It wouldn't even let me open the game so I think it would be better if it came with like 50 photos and you can unlock more when you win or something so like said before back to the drawing board...great potential though...~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~