Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I'd love to try it. Tour 9630 4.7.1.40.... BlackBerry News forum

davidmcw no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I'd love to try it. Tour 9630 4.7.1.40.

afeezs no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is nice.I'm available for testing.I'm running on 8820.

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    8900 - v4.6.1.231

Ebucel no está en línea Stack level 1
    8330 v4.5.0.77 Verizon available to test.

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow TaskManager & ProcessViewer v1.4 - Released!

Dear All,
    Good news! TaskManager & ProcessViewer is now available to all! The latest version is v1.4. Please point your BlackBerry to www.getempower.com or to www.getempower.com/ota/ to take the free trial.

Thanks a lot to the Beta Team as well - don, mike, roger, oscar, az, moderncowboy and everyone else who helped test this app on all the various devices that I don't personally own !

Thanks & Regards,
    Ani.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Thanks ani it looks nice and well put together. I would like to see if there is anything hidden running in the background. From what I understand from reading this thread purchase and registration is not avaiable yet.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ani View Post
    Dear All,
    Good news! TaskManager & ProcessViewer is now available to all! The latest version is v1.4. Please point your BlackBerry to www.getempower.com or to www.getempower.com/ota/ to take the free trial.

Thanks a lot to the Beta Team as well - don, mike, roger, oscar, az, moderncowboy and everyone else who helped test this app on all the various devices that I don't personally own !

Thanks & Regards,
    Ani.

So are you continuing to work on this? I see that the system tab still has Total RAM which fluctuates constantly and you said it needed to be renamed to used RAM. In the processes tab empower central and task manager still appear twice. Also we still don't know what those process IDs mean or how much RAM each app is using. Most processes in the list are not a surprise to me, but there are a couple that I would like to know what they are doing since it says there is a process running. You mentioned you were going to let us know later why BBM doesn't show in the processes tab even though it is running and there are several active convos.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    Thanks ani it looks nice and well put together. I would like to see if there is anything hidden running in the background. From what I understand from reading this thread purchase and registration is not avaiable yet.
    It is now available for trial or purchase for $1.99 at www.getempower.com
    Twitter? My Apps List

ani
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    So are you continuing to work on this? I see that the system tab still has Total RAM which fluctuates constantly and you said it needed to be renamed to used RAM. In the processes tab empower central and task manager still appear twice. Also we still don't know what those process IDs mean or how much RAM each app is using. Most processes in the list are not a surprise to me, but there are a couple that I would like to know what they are doing since it says there is a process running. You mentioned you were going to let us know later why BBM doesn't show in the processes tab even though it is running and there are several active convos.
    Hi az,
    The Total RAM has been fixed in the mentioned update v1.4. It now shows Free RAM, Used RAM & Total RAM. Please update your copy OTA from www.getempower.com/ota/

You see Task Manager twice because there is one part of TaskManager that runs in background (this is the part that monitors your Battery Performance). The second entry of TaskManager is the one that you are currently using - the UI. If you close TaskManager and reopen it, you will notice that out of two entries, the ProcessID of one of them will always remain same. This one is the background process (Battery monitor). The second entry will have different ProcessID each time you close and open TaskManager. This is the UI app, its process is closed as soon as you close the app, that is why it gets new ProcessID on each launch. Same for Empower Central - one is the UI app under which you are seeing the TaskManager, the other is the background app (autoupdate, licensing etc).

The BBM is shown in the Applications tab.

RAM used by a Process: At present, there is no way to determine the RAM used by a process. The best that is possible is to show which module a given process belongs to, and the size of that module. This is what we do currently.

Best,
    Ani.

OK, I updated after you posted last night about the release and got the same version, 1.4.43.33 it still only shows Total RAM and Free RAM, no "used" RAM

If you can't tell us how much RAM each app is using then can you please provide a list or link to the process IDs so if we so choose we can see what the apps are doing when running?

I know BBM is shown in applications, but not in processes. If I have active convos it should show in processes. If the app doesn't show it then I wonder what else is running but not showing.

EDIT: also thanks for the explanation of the duplicates, different processes makes them showing multiple times make sense
    Twitter? My Apps List

ani
    az - its possibly picking up from cache or something. Do you see a dedicated screen for Application details or do you see it in a popup? If its popup, then its an older version.. Try clearing the cache or click on Refresh on the ota page and then proceed to download.

BBM - Ok, I now get your question about BBM. I'm not sure, its a native app from RIM and RIM are the bosses you know! Ideally, it should but since its not, I think RIM does have some way of making apps 'super-hidden' - just like you have hidden processes on Windows that do not appear even in Windows TaskManager.

I think I will drop the word 'all' now. TaskManager will show hidden processes running in background, but we cannot make guarantees regarding that. Thanks for pointing out!

Thanks,
    Ani.

OK in my version it does show pop-ups, I cleared my browser cache, refreshed the page and still get the same version 1.4.43.33 for download. I have downloaded it, replaced the old version and rebooted the blackberry. If I go to options/advanced option/applications it says task manager is 1.4.43.33 but if I go to the task manager app and click it, the info pop up says I have version number 1.01.43.33

Why does it say two different versions? I am going to try deleting it and reinstalling fresh instead of installing the new one over the old and rebooting
    Twitter? My Apps List

OK, that fixed it, for some reason, installing old over new had left some old modules even though I did reboot. Now I see the dedicated screens and the total/used/free RAM

That's why I asked after the last update before release because it still looked the same

OK now if I could just get a list of what the process IDs mean I will be a happy camper
    Twitter? My Apps List

jonobless no está en línea Stack level 1
    Bb 8900 os 5.0.0.489

360Challenge no está en línea Stack level 3
    bb 9000 os 5.0.0.238

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast