Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

UPDATE: Beta has ended and the product has been released. Please see this post for ... BlackBerry News forum

ani
    ani no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow New App: TaskManager & Process Viewer for BlackBerry

UPDATE: Beta has ended and the product has been released. Please see this post for a link to try or buy.

Dear All,
    While the much popular Threaded SMS App is getting closer to release, we have written a Task Manager & Process Viewer for BlackBerry that brings the familiar interface of Windows TaskManager to your BlackBerry!

Organized into 4 Tabs, the app allows you to view a list of all running applications, view battery performance chart over time and see detailed system info like Free Flash Memory and Battery Temperature etc. The app also allows you to drill down into each application to reveal information about its Size, Download Time, Vendor, Version No. etc.

The most interesting part however, are the Battery Performance that shows your battery performance over time. And the Processes tabthat shows you a list of hidden application and process running in the background which are otherwise undetected.

I would love to do a quick beta with about 10 users on different devices. Interested members may please post their device model and OS below. UPDATE: Beta is now over and the product has been released. Please see this post for a link to try or buy.

Attached are some screenshots of the app.

Best Regards,
    Ani.
    Last edited by ani; 11-09-2009 at 07:50 AM. Reason: updated out of beta info

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Interesting...if you need an 8330 tester 4.5.0.169 let me know
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I love the idea. Is there a way to end a task just like on pc? I think I would love to have that. I deleted facebook, visual voicemail from my phone but i think they're still there running somewhere. I want them deleted as a whole. I wonder if this app could help solve an issue like that as well.
    Last edited by raton; 11-04-2009 at 10:14 AM.
    aliciaQT likes this.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

regiwolf1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    312A873C
    I'm up for it 8330 on sprint I would love to try it out and give feedback on the performance, I run on 4.5.0.175

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Blog Entries
    Looks very cool would love to test. 9550 5.0.0.320.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    This looks interesting! Count me in for testers on the 8310, running 4.5.0.153.

Thanks.....
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    i like the way this sounds. I'm running an 8900 w/ 4.6.1.231

AMD313 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30E6AC00
    Looks and sounds sweet Tour 9630v4.7.1.57

ani
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I love the idea. Is there a way to end a task just like on pc? I think I would love to have that. I deleted facebook, visual voicemail from my phone but i think they're still there running somewhere. I want them deleted as a whole. I wonder if this app could help solve an issue like that as well.
    Currently, we are only showing the processes and the applications. RIM does not provides an API for 'Kill' as on Windows Task Manager. However, we are investigating ways to do this.

Normally an app when deleted should not be running anymore. However, if you suspect that a delete app is still running, you will be able to see it with this App. If you find that those apps are still there, I will recommend you to do a hard-reset (battery pull).

Thanks,
    Ani.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thanks for your suggestion Ani. I did perform a hard reset ctrl/alt/del as well as a battery pull but those icons are still there. I had to hide them. Though I'm uncertain if they're running. I'd love to be a guinea pig to test this theory and see if a user once deleted an app and the icon still persists to show up on the screen and possibly be running in the background. Thanks.

mrossfive no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello, I am definitely interested. I have a curve 8900. Thank you for the opportunity.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Oh wait. I think I just figured it out lol. D'oh!! I believe that users loading applications via "BB app world" once you install applications load them on your devices etc. And when one delete them app world archives them and the icons still show up on your screens. One must go back to the app world and delete it from "my world" kinda annoying but I do believe resolves the issue. I don't see that icon anymore. Pheww...

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz
    I would love to try it.
    9530 4.7.1.57

ani
    Ok, thats fast! We already have an 8900, 8300, 8310, 9530, 9550 & 9630 ! Anyone else ?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast