MyCaption.com Inc., a leading provider of voice-to-data applications, announced today the availability of its flagship ... BlackBerry News forum
MyCaption Announces Availability of Voice-to-Data Application on BlackBerry
MyCaption.com Inc., a leading provider of voice-to-data applications, announced today the availability of its flagship product, MyCaption, on BlackBerry® App World. MyCaption enables business users to voice-write their email, memos, tasks, contact notes and calendar entries on a BlackBerry smartphone from Research In Motion. It seamlessly works with productivity applications on a BlackBerry smartphone and
converts the user's voice into usable, actionable data in a timely and accurate manner.
Key features include:
• Support for BlackBerry Enterprise Server: allows corporations to increase the productivity of their mobile workforce while providing connectivity to enterprise applications through BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and Novell GroupWise.
• Support for multiple email accounts.
• Ample dictation time (up to 3 minutes).
• Text Review: an option to edit email text before it is sent.
• Customizable dictionary to fit the user's vocabulary. This service grows with the user, 'learning' profession-specific phrases and acronyms.
"We have received enthusiastic response since we brought our application for BlackBerry smartphones to market", said Vipul Bhatt, Founder & CEO at MyCaption.com, "With our focus on business user productivity and enterprise application connectivity, we continue to be dedicated to BlackBerry as our exclusive mobile platform. We are excited about BlackBerry App World as a new marketplace for business applications, and are pleased to participate."
Pricing and Availability
The software is available immediately and works on any BlackBerry smartphone with OS 4.2.1 or higher, including the BlackBerry® Storm™ and BlackBerry® Bold™ smartphones. It can be used with all major carriers worldwide. The Starter Edition is exclusively available on BlackBerry App World for $2.99. Other pricing plans are available with information on at www.mycaption.com.
Sounds cool. Turns out we were just in class talking about a app like this just today.
~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
Why would this be better than Vlingo with Voice, which can control more than My Caption (like searches) and is free? Pricing on MyCaption seems way out of line for what they are offering IMO.
Tags for this Thread