computerworld.com :Weight loss programs abound, but they can be complex and expensive and must be ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Mobile software helps student drop 50 pounds

Advertisement

computerworld.com:Weight loss programs abound, but they can be complex and expensive and must be followed to a T. Michael Schneider said the process became easier -- and less expensive -- for him when he used a Blackberry Curve smartphone running a customized weight loss application from Sensei Inc. that provided information on proper diet and exercise in real time as he needed it.

Schneider said the tool helped him lose about 25% of his body mass during a six-month period in which he dropped from 205 pounds to 155 pounds -- a big change considering that he is five feet, nine inches tall. It worked well partly because he was always carrying the mobile device, he added.

Sensei was launched in 2005 by Humana Inc. and Card Guard AG. "I had tried Weight Watchers and the Atkins diet, and they never really worked," he said. "But Sensei was really cool because of the BlackBerry access. It laid everything out and was easy to follow."

Sensei last week unveiled the second generation of its weight loss application, which is being offered in the BlackBerry App World online store for a fixed promotional price of $9.99. (App World requires that purchases be made with PayPal accounts.)

Users of other mobile devices pay $15 a month, and users of desktop computers pay $11.25 a month, the spokeswoman said.

read more
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 08-25-2009 at 01:08 AM.

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Wow. That's really cool.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    This reiterates just how much of our lives are plugged into our mobile devices. In fact, I too have lost weight because of my BB. I often find myself foregoing food to text and email on it and when I get really hungry, it makes me Subway style sandwiches so I can eat like Jared.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    hmm, I may have to look into that...
    thanks cherri!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

trickynick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D2CA11
    Very neat. I will have to give this a go. Thanks Cherri

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    I like that story. I've been using a couple of different jogging/running applications on my G1 that will record the course via internal GPS, speed, distance, calories, total miles ran lifetime using the program, etc.

It's all free and makes it fun to be competitive against your previous outing or get the family involved. The programs also auto upload your course and all details to a website for tracking and viewing.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortgage_Man View Post
    I like that story. I've been using a couple of different jogging/running applications on my G1 that will record the course via internal GPS, speed, distance, calories, total miles ran lifetime using the program, etc.

It's all free and makes it fun to be competitive against your previous outing or get the family involved. The programs also auto upload your course and all details to a website for tracking and viewing.
    That's pretty cool. What are the apps?
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Cardio Trainer, Jog Tracker, Buddy Runner....I use all of the free versions and have been using Cardio Trainer the most.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

I believe Cardio Trainer will also play music from your mp3s while training.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux;U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    yes
    Would an app like that be available for berry's?

I would love an app like that cardio trainer/jogger
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.124 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/121

Quote Originally Posted by foregus View Post
    Would an app like that be available for berry's?

I would love an app like that cardio trainer/jogger
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.124 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/121
    Not sure. You would need to look in the blackberry apps store to see if they have something like that. You also will need a gps enabled bb or gps puck in order to track it all.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1