Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

pcmag.com : Talk about declaring a price war: MetroPCS has launched their first BlackBerry Curve ... BlackBerry News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

MetroPCS Launches BlackBerry + Data for $50/Mo.

Advertisement

pcmag.com: Talk about declaring a price war: MetroPCS has launched their first BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone with a plan for unlimited talk time and data use. The $50 personal rate plan includes unlimited talk, text, web browsing, MMS and BlackBerry email access through BlackBerry Internet Service, while an extra $10 gets you the BlackBerry Enterprise Server version.

That means it's the first smart phone from the Cricket, Metro, and Boost Mobile unlimited, no-contract group, and the price is fully half of what Sprint is charging for the same thing via their Simply Everything plan—which was a good deal until about 13 seconds ago.

There's always a catch, although this one is geography-related: the MetroPCS Curve is only available in the older 1900 Mhz MetroPCS markets, not the many newer 1700 Mhz markets. That means NYC, Boston, and Philadelphia are out for now. And to be fair, Sprint is throwing in its optional services, like GPS navigation and mobile TV, although you have no choice but to take them.

Regardless, the MetroPCS BlackBerry Curve 8330 will be available at Best Buy stores beginning today in the following areas: Greater Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Detroit, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Sacramento. By the end of the month, the phone will also be in MetroPCS stores. Go get 'em.

[read more]

rbn85 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    NO WAY!!!! I switch from metro to att just for the BB!!!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    WELL SLAP ME TWICE AND CALL ME SILLY!!!
    That is what i call sticking it to your competition. Now that's what I call a data plan. While all the other carriers making you pay a blackberry data plan plus $15 extra for text and MMS; I argued to Tmo headquarters that was a foolish move. I hope because of Metro PCS, the other carriers start changing their rates. The way the economy is right now, a lot of folks is going to be on metro..... all I have to say is WOW!!
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    stack
    Too bad I'm outside their coverage area.

MDavid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24338E1F
    nice pricing and i hope this company does well. i was just having a discussion with my father last night about how this company can't have blackberry's and boy was i proved wrong.

arivera2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30352F..
    wow! metro piece of S***@$#%... surprised! let's see what happen!
    Blackberry One.

rigo88 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    35a500f3
    wow whats next the iphone and the new nokia. this happens every company going to be in big trouble. well i cant careless as long as the other company drop there prices. like this they wont have problems lol . wow metro nice sticking it up to the man LMAO

joemc27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    No More
    So cool. In TAMPA!!!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    I wonder how many storms are going to be sold over the next week and activated on Metro? ......

Zo

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I really like the price trends for cell companies these days. T-Mobile, Verizon and this. I love competition.

stoehner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Too bad Metro's customer service terrible and their calls drop constantly...

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    I can see why they call themselves "metro", it's coverage is only in the metro areas.

rbn85 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24538FBF
    Would the gps be locked?...

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Good News for prepaid fans!!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

randmthought no está en línea Stack level 1
    [FONT=Verdana]"and the price is fully half of what Sprint is charging for the same thing via their Simply Everything plan—which was a good deal until about 13 seconds ago." [/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]So tell me why it's still not a good deal? You go on to say Metro only available in older markets and then you go on to say that Sprint forces you to take the tv and navigation. Do your research. No one forces you to take anything (love how you use the words optional and force in the same sentence). I will stay with my $99 plan if I can talk anywhere at anytime like I currently do. $50 is a good price but you pay for what you get. Limited coverage. Review the $50 plan against others in the same league. Compare it against Cricket, Boost and Virgin. That's what we want to see. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana]I don't think Sprint's plan was to compete against the pre-paid markets but instead to compete against AT&T and Verizon. Do a review how those three compare. Sprint's $50 Boost plan was for the prepaid markets. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast