Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thank you for the update i used to use FlipSide and PhoneFace on my Bold ... BlackBerry News forum

PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Thank you for the update i used to use FlipSide and PhoneFace on my Bold ad flip all the time and i am glad they are back in the game on my Storm !!

update: sorry to report that the size of the apps is still only half the screen of the Storm ... really looks weird ...
    Oh well at least PhoneFace doesnt need to be accessed for me i only use it to have my Picture IDs on my contacts updated automatically.

update2: scratch that the touchscreen use is horrible.
    You can touch a contact but if you want to get to another one you have to scroll with your finger constantly pressed.
    I dont know if you get what i mean but you have to put your finger down and slowly move it up and down but without actually moving the tip of your finger.
    Catch my drift ?

update3: Now that i checked which version of PhoneFace im running, it says i have version 1.0.0.5 which apparently according to your post isnt the touchscreen optimized version the latter being 1.0.0.6.
    How do i get said version ? I just went on phoneface.com and it automatically downloaded .5 ...

Let me know as this is definitely one of my favorite programs and i actually had purchased it back then.

Thanks
    Last edited by ranxoren; 12-18-2008 at 02:51 PM.

dean0uga no está en línea Stack level 3
    might be interested in checking this site out http://www.getjar.com/software/BlackBerry/Storm_9530
    ignore the top half the page - ads, but it has alot of apps on there...

goelectric no está en línea Stack level 1

Phoneface

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Thank you for the update i used to use FlipSide and PhoneFace on my Bold ad flip all the time and i am glad they are back in the game on my Storm !!

update3: Now that i checked which version of PhoneFace im running, it says i have version 1.0.0.5 which apparently according to your post isnt the touchscreen optimized version the latter being 1.0.0.6.
    How do i get said version ? I just went on phoneface.com and it automatically downloaded .5 ...

Let me know as this is definitely one of my favorite programs and i actually had purchased it back then.

Thanks
    The phoneface.com link should now work and get the correct version (we were not checking for the correct UserAgent to spot the request was from a Storm).
    However in case you need it
    the direct url for the touch version of PhoneFace is phoneface.com/sb/pf.jad

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by goelectric View Post
    Hi,

Update on our apps for the Storm.

We have updated FlipSide to work with touch on the Storm.
    Browse to flipside.fm on your Storm to get the touch enabled version.
    (v 1.20.3) .

We have also updated PhoneFace to work with the touch interface.
    phoneface.com (v 1.0.0.6)

We have updated Ringo and this works on the Storm ringomo.com
    txtForward works fine and as its such a "non UI" app it didnt need any changes.
    txtfwd.com

Best regards

The ElectricPocket crew.

P.S. Please note that if you have the Verizon 4.7.0.75 version of the OS, there is a bug in the OS that appears to have stopped all 3rd party media apps from playing mp3's........hopefully RIM will be fixing this very soon...
    it works on my .75
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Yeah, it works for me. I flew right through setup and install. The only thing I notice is a light crackling noise as I am pressing convenience key. I tried changing to right side, and it will not work. Bummer, I am use to right side.

P.S.-thx for thread update info.

woo hoo .. i got vlingo to work for me ( MUST USE LEFT SIDE CONVENIENCE KEY)

and right side i got launchPad to work .. which is another great app that lets you do short cuts.
    "Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The phoneface.com link should now work and get the correct version (we were not checking for the correct UserAgent to spot the request was from a Storm).
    However in case you need it
    the direct url for the touch version of PhoneFace is phoneface.com/sb/pf.jad
    awesome ! thanks a lot !

goelectric no está en línea Stack level 1
    Update on the Verizon OS 4.7.0.75 RIM audio bug which prevents 3rd party apps including FlipSide from playing music through the speaker. RIM have acknowledged it as a high priority problem. There is a workaround until RIM fix it : make sure you have a headset plugged in when the audio starts, then unplug it if you want to play via speakerphone.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Update on the Verizon OS 4.7.0.75 RIM audio bug which prevents 3rd party apps including FlipSide from playing music through the speaker. RIM have acknowledged it as a high priority problem. There is a workaround until RIM fix it : make sure you have a headset plugged in when the audio starts, then unplug it if you want to play via speakerphone.
    so what does it mean if mine doesn't have that bug? do i have the only storm made without bugs?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    do i have the only storm made without bugs?
    You own a SterileBerry. A one of a kind freak of RIM.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    You own a SterileBerry. A one of a kind freak of RIM.
    well,i was the first one in line. maybe they sent 1 of their 2 good uns to my little town.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    so what does it mean if mine doesn't have that bug? do i have the only storm made without bugs?
    Im with you. Mine is flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by mcm180 View Post
    woo hoo .. i got vlingo to work for me ( MUST USE LEFT SIDE CONVENIENCE KEY)

and right side i got launchPad to work .. which is another great app that lets you do short cuts.
    for with bb operating system did you install vlingo? nvm figured it out
    Last edited by dean0uga; 12-19-2008 at 06:07 PM.

so update to vlingo if anyone didnt figure this out... if youre having the problem setting it up - when it gets to testing the convenience key, it stops and the red light stays lit... well then all you need to do is go into the apps permissions and set "interactions" to allow as well as the other ones, i dont know why, but for some reason its not set like that by default!

IHateMyTreo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by dean0uga View Post
    so update to vlingo if anyone didnt figure this out... if youre having the problem setting it up - when it gets to testing the convenience key, it stops and the red light stays lit... well then all you need to do is go into the apps permissions and set "interactions" to allow as well as the other ones, i dont know why, but for some reason its not set like that by default!
    Which version of Vlingo do you suggest? The most recent is designed for OS4.6. When downloading, should I check the "set application permissions" box? And by "other ones" do you mean the "connections" and "User Data" menus?

Quote Originally Posted by IHateMyTreo View Post
    Which version of Vlingo do you suggest? The most recent is designed for OS4.6. When downloading, should I check the "set application permissions" box? And by "other ones" do you mean the "connections" and "User Data" menus?
    the only one that downloaded for me was the 4.6 and you can just set the application permissions after you download the app if you want options>applications> highlight app > bb button> edit permissions and yes i do mean connections and user data as well as interactions!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast