Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

You DID say stable. I'm still running 4.5.0.110 and it's stable. I realize I'm probably ... BlackBerry News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

You DID say stable. I'm still running 4.5.0.110 and it's stable. I realize I'm probably a little behind in the OS department but I haven't had time to pioneer any new releases so I just stayed with that one. No offense to anyone but just because an OS is posted doesn't mean it doesn't have problems.

Are you sure .297 is stable?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    You DID say stable. I'm still running 4.5.0.110 and it's stable. I realize I'm probably a little behind in the OS department but I haven't had time to pioneer any new releases so I just stayed with that one. No offense to anyone but just because an OS is posted doesn't mean it doesn't have problems.

Are you sure .297 is stable?
    Helllloooo! Blaber, Erica, anyone?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm running 4.5.0.176 but no longer using my 8120 due to the sluggishness showing up again. I think it's the phone and not the OS because at first T-Mo and I came to the conclusion that it was the memory card. I took it out and I still had rebooting issues, along with the hourglass showing up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I'm running 4.5.0.176 but no longer using my 8120 due to the sluggishness showing up again. I think it's the phone and not the OS because at first T-Mo and I came to the conclusion that it was the memory card. I took it out and I still had rebooting issues, along with the hourglass showing up all the time.
    Huh? Do you mean that you're running .176 on the 8120 but you're not using the 8120 any more? If I understand what you said - not sure I do - I interpret that to mean that, in your opinion, .176 is NOT a stable OS (or you'd be using it on the 8120.) Right?

I have .176 loaded on the 8120 but I switched phones. It started working out fine and then the hourglass started reappearing again.

Poked around blackberryforums.com looking for BlackBerry Maps and found this new OS posted (it was actually released back in November but the thread is still going on): http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ilanguage.html

Crap. I just tried to upgrade to this and got an error that the apps on my phone, which is 4.5.0.176. This is confusing because of this:

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.302 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.302
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 4.5.0.180
    * Software Platform: 2.7.0.105
    * File name: 8120M_PBr4.5.0_rel302_PL2.7.0.105_A4.5.0.180_Vodaf one_UK.exe
    * File size: 97.97MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

* Download Software: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-07-2010 at 09:38 PM.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Downloading this now....Going back to my 8120 in 2 days and wanted to be sure it was up to date.

Trying to upgrade to this anyway. PC won't recognize the phone is connected and I deleted the vendor.xml file. Tried desktop manager and app loader. Neither work.

Finally managed to get OS 187 on my Pearl 8120. I lost ALL my 3rd party downloaded Social Networking and IM apps from App World, as well as BBM, my address book contacts (thankfully I copied those from my iPod Touch) and my saved notes. Desktop Manager still refused to recognize my phone being plugged in therefore I was unable to back anything up before the upgrading process. I somehow managed to get it to see the phone after that to load the OS. I reloaded those apps from AppWorld and blackberry.net via my phone, but have had SOME lag due to bloatware on my phone because I have the following icons:

Customer Center Online
    Customer Manager
    MyMonternet
    Service Hotline
    Settings
    XinJi Service Guide

Other than those icons being on my phone, which I have hidden, I HOPE this will be a smooth OS. I can see myself using this one until I get another device (which may come soon as this one still shows the hourglass a little more than I want).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 08-19-2010 at 01:59 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234