Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Optimus well i just finished updating. and so far the only problem ... BlackBerry News forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    well i just finished updating. and so far the only problem (s) i've come across were the voicemail number was invalid. (resolved this by going to the t-moobile site and updating the number). the other being that the flash on the camera works randomly. don't know how to set it or if it's possible to adjust. if anyone has any insight on this i'd appreciate it.
    On the camera sounds like you have flash set to automatic. Open your camera hit menu and select options and see if it is set to on, auto or off.

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    well i just finished updating. and so far the only problem (s) i've come across were the voicemail number was invalid. (resolved this by going to the t-moobile site and updating the number). the other being that the flash on the camera works randomly. don't know how to set it or if it's possible to adjust. if anyone has any insight on this i'd appreciate it.

well another "problem" i just found. i downloaded some new themes (don't know if it has anything to do with it) but when i received a call the red indicator light usually flashes for incoming calls or messages, now, it doesn't want to stop flashing *this just in*.... it finally stopped flashing after about 5 min. but now i'm noticing the trackball remains lit even after the backlight has turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    On the camera sounds like you have flash set to automatic. Open your camera hit menu and select options and see if it is set to on, auto or off.
    yes, but it was on automatic before. now it flashes (or not) under the same lighting conditions. also there is what seems to be an exclamation point icon next to the flash icon which was never there before the update.

well another "problem" i just found. i downloaded some new themes (don't know if it has anything to do with it) but when i received a call the red indicator light usually flashes for incoming calls or messages, now, it doesn't want to stop flashing *this just in*.... it finally stopped flashing after about 5 min. but now i'm noticing the trackball remains lit even after the backlight has turned off.
    well, i did a battery pull and it seems to be fine now,. i'll have to wait and see what other bugs will arise.

sheily0517 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I did the update and everything went great, it dint take that long and everything is working great, I'm glad I did it, thank you moderncowboy, your information was very valuable and also lavagirl's.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by sheily0517 View Post
    I did the update and everything went great, it dint take that long and everything is working great, I'm glad I did it, thank you moderncowboy, your information was very valuable and also lavagirl's.
    Glad we were able to help. Hope you enjoy the new OS.

i have another bug to report, not sure if this is the right place for it but i think it's useful if people are wondering what problems could come up....trying to log in to msn messenger through the IM OZ app. keeps telling me that my screename or password is invalid. i tested it out on my pc and it works fine. i've used it before the update but now it just doesn't recognize it. the yahoo and aol works fine but not the msn...i can't use the seperate messenger apps for it because i believe those require a data plan....any ideas as to what happened or how i can fix this??

UPDATE....problem solved. seems that the (,) i was mistaken it for (')....call it a new years' brain fart.
    Last edited by Optimus; 01-06-2009 at 03:57 AM. Reason: update

potsie no está en línea Stack level 1
    I love the new OS but I have one problem. The LED stays solid whatever color it was last on red or green. What do I need to do??

Quote Originally Posted by potsie View Post
    I love the new OS but I have one problem. The LED stays solid whatever color it was last on red or green. What do I need to do??
    for me it was constantly blinking even after i have read my message; i suggest pulling the battery for 10 sec. and see what happens....it worked for me.

animalpop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AB300C
    Quote Originally Posted by potsie View Post
    did you have colorpearl installed before? if so, you will need to delete it

potsie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for all your help I ended up going to an att store and my phone was fried. I just got home with my new BOLD!!!

sergeking no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by catattoo View Post
    Sooo, I have a pearl 8100. I am using a small US carrier in Ohio, Cincinnati Bell. my software is several versions older in both cases.

I downloaded the following;

8100M_PBr4.5.0_rel81_PL2.7.0.68_A4.5.0.55_Vodafone _UK

Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B50 Multilanguage - With Media Manager

BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers_ENG (DM4.7b50)

If I follow the instructions will I be able to upgrade my phone to the latest O/S.

I am afraid to totally disable my phone!
    Are you still happy with the upgrade?

smcopey no está en línea Stack level 2
    I Need some advice. i want to upgrade my os on my pearl 8100 4.2 but im afraid to do it cause ive never done it befor.. someone plz pin me with advice. 2460039a plz help

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    We can help you here, smcopey.

Click on the FAQ link in my signature. There are two threads in there. One where you can find the lastest OS for your device. The other with explicit instructions on how to do the upgrade. Plus, we're here to help you.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Here are the upgrade instructions.

Here is a link to where you can download AT&T's OS version 4.5.0.110. Who is your carrier?

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast