Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by bellalisa99 okay silvermoon, it sounds like you have the same phone as ... BlackBerry News forum

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99 View Post
    okay silvermoon,
    it sounds like you have the same phone as me (old cingular network, now at & t and an 8100 pearl), and I have the same OS as you do/did (4.2.1.96) with DM 4.3 (which, by the way, wont let me load alx files, but thats another issue).

The question I have that maybe you can hellp me with is, how is the new 4.5 OS from Rogers and what DM version are you using? You see, my phone is also shutting down like yours and only a battery pull will reset it. This is new since my upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1.

If you are also having the problem with 4.5 OS, I am thinking, what is the point? (OK, cool themes). Also, have you tried to load applications or themes from the DM you have? When you get a chance to check this all out, I would really appreciate it.
    well the one that i use is the 8100 but its my husband having a problem with it shutting down (his is an 8310). we are gonna go to the store and get a new sim card and see what happens from there...maybe hopefully that will work. but the aggrivating thing is the shutting down part just started happening all of a sudden. So we are thinking it could also be a battery issue which is cheap to replace vs a phone...

so far mine is doing really well with the new upgrade! i ended up using desktop mgr 4.7 after all (i didnt use it to load the new os so it didnt make a difference with the new installation.) i did notice that the red alert light stays one (the one in the top right hand corner of the phone) and stays on till you power down and turn back on. but i havent had any problems since the last time i powered down. visually i dont care for some of the new features (such as address book and such) but its pretty trivial at this point if it works better! but i will let you know as i progress how things are going and whats the good vs the bad!
    silvermoon

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Thanks so much for that info. I will be interested to hear about how the 4.7 works on updating and app loader etc.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gasaraki no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I don't believe there is one for T-Mo. However you can download any operating system and use it as long as it is for your device. As long as you follow the instructions for upgrade and delete the vendor.xml. If you decide to do it just post any questions and someone will help you along.
    Ok thanks man. I apperciate the help.

bjonesz no está en línea Stack level 2
    Can you download all of this 4rm your BB ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

So how do I delete the vendor.xml file?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    gasarki,

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader on your PC. The vendor.xml file is in that folder.....should be at the very bottom. Just right-click on that file name and then select Delete.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    gasarki,

Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader on your PC. The vendor.xml file is in that folder.....should be at the very bottom. Just right-click on that file name and then select Delete.
    Ok thank you very much. But now i have another problem. I downloaded the new OS to my PC. But when i go to the app loader it shows that it isnt even there. I went through the whole set up wizard and it says that in has successfully installed the software. But nothing. I have the 4.7 desktop software.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So if you go into your Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features if you're running Vista), you don't see anything that says BlackBerry Device Software 4.5?

Or are you saying that the Desktop Manager doesn't prompt you to upgrade your device. If that's the case, 4.7 Desktop Manager has been known to present this problem. You're better off using the executable from within the AppLoader folder. It's called Loader.exe. Double click on that and if you've deleted the vendor.xml file, you should be good to go!

Ok Thanks RoGro. The process in now taking place. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll let yall know the results.

COOL!!!!!!!! Works flawless!!!! I love it. i have the 4.5.0.102 version.

Ok well almost flawless. For somereason when watching streaming video's the hand held will restart on its own. Other than that everything elso works fine.

chazz6422 no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rogro View Post
    so if you go into your control panel>add or remove programs (programs and features if you're running vista), you don't see anything that says blackberry device software 4.5?

Or are you saying that the desktop manager doesn't prompt you to upgrade your device. If that's the case, 4.7 desktop manager has been known to present this problem. You're better off using the executable from within the apploader folder. It's called loader.exe. Double click on that and if you've deleted the vendor.xml file, you should be good to go!

omg!!! You are my b berry saver!!!! Ty!!!

sheily0517 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quick question.. I have the 8100 with at&t and obviously the 4.5 os is not available, I really want to upgrade it so im going to download one, which carrier should I use??? and I have desktop manager 4.7, and some people are saying that they are having problems with it, so should I use 4.6??? tnx.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by sheily0517 View Post
    Quick question.. I have the 8100 with at&t and obviously the 4.5 os is not available, I really want to upgrade it so im going to download one, which carrier should I use??? and I have desktop manager 4.7, and some people are saying that they are having problems with it, so should I use 4.6??? tnx.
    You can use any carriers Operating System just remember to delete the vendor.xml and follow the how to here on PinStack also if you have questions ask. I would suggest going to a lower version of Desktop Manager either 4.5 or 4.6. If you decide to do this my other suggestion would be when you uninstall 4.7 go to c/program files/common files and delete the research in motion folder and then reboot your PC and install the 4.5 or 4.6.

You can also go to my blog and go through the links to find answers to many fixes and how to's. One other thing is if you decide to upgrade it is a good idea to remove your memory card before the upgrade.

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    well i just finished updating. and so far the only problem (s) i've come across were the voicemail number was invalid. (resolved this by going to the t-moobile site and updating the number). the other being that the flash on the camera works randomly. don't know how to set it or if it's possible to adjust. if anyone has any insight on this i'd appreciate it.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast