Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Did you upgrade with the memory card in if so that is most likely the ... BlackBerry News forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Did you upgrade with the memory card in if so that is most likely the reason more so than the sim.

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3
    OH NO! if i have learned anything in the past couple of days while contemplating this it was NOT have the card inserted!!!
    silvermoon

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL!! Okay, then! Just for grins, though, does the device do this when the card is NOT inserted?

nope...
    silvermoon

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Okay, so have you done an upgrade in the PAST with the card in the device?

Try dumping your card to the PC and reformatting the card in the device. Reload the card and see if that solves the problem.

what would happen if i just got a whole new sim card (att of course) and went from there?
    silvermoon

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Okay, so have you done an upgrade in the PAST with the card in the device?

Try dumping your card to the PC and reformatting the card in the device. Reload the card and see if that solves the problem.
    dont have a clue how to do all that and to be honest i dont think i can fight another battle with a bb tonight! LOL

and yes we just upgraded the other day with that card in...
    silvermoon

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon View Post
    dont have a clue how to do all that and to be honest i dont think i can fight another battle with a bb tonight! LOL
    There is a link to a how to written by rogro in my blog and in his FAQ each of our signatures. Heck this is easier http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...n_devic-97102/

thx...still waiting on this stupid upgrade to go through...this is not for impatient ppl btw!
    silvermoon

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    No its not it can take as long as an hour. Its bad for people like me who sit and watch to make sure it goes ok. Yet I tell people go get a drink relax and don't worry..

yes thats exactly what i do, sit and watch! LOL i am soo scared that after all this BOOM it will crash!!
    silvermoon

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon View Post
    yes thats exactly what i do, sit and watch! LOL i am soo scared that after all this BOOM it will crash!!
    As long as it still going through you should be good to go. Just don't get impatient and mess with it because thenit gets UGLY...lol

gasaraki no está en línea Stack level 1
    I want to know where's the link to download the 4.5.0.55 OS or the latest problem free OS for the BB pearl 8100 for USA T-mobile? I saw all the link's on the 1st page of this thread but which one do I download? I dont want to download the wrong one and mess up my phone or something. THANKS!!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by gasaraki View Post
    I want to know where's the link to download the 4.5.0.55 OS or the latest problem free OS for the BB pearl 8100 for USA T-mobile? I saw all the link's on the 1st page of this thread but which one do I download? I dont want to download the wrong one and mess up my phone or something. THANKS!!!!
    I don't believe there is one for T-Mo. However you can download any operating system and use it as long as it is for your device. As long as you follow the instructions for upgrade and delete the vendor.xml. If you decide to do it just post any questions and someone will help you along.

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    okay silvermoon,
    it sounds like you have the same phone as me (old cingular network, now at & t and an 8100 pearl), and I have the same OS as you do/did (4.2.1.96) with DM 4.3 (which, by the way, wont let me load alx files, but thats another issue).

The question I have that maybe you can hellp me with is, how is the new 4.5 OS from Rogers and what DM version are you using? You see, my phone is also shutting down like yours and only a battery pull will reset it. This is new since my upgrade from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1.

If you are also having the problem with 4.5 OS, I am thinking, what is the point? (OK, cool themes). Also, have you tried to load applications or themes from the DM you have? When you get a chance to check this all out, I would really appreciate it.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast