Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by moderncowboy Thats what I read in a post. Who knows...I am hopeing ... BlackBerry News forum

silvermoon no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Thats what I read in a post. Who knows...I am hopeing since you haven't posted back the upgrade is working. If it didn't you can also try this.
    nope i reinstalled dtm 4.6 and NOTHING. when i try to install 4.5 through mgr it doesnt even recognize there is a file in the folder its saved in. arrrghhh
    silvermoon

so i have installed and uninstalled and re-installed until i could do it in my sleep and blind..no luck. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I am beyond aggravated at point!
    silvermoon

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    The loader executable is part of the OS install package, so the DM download wasn't really necessary if you're trying to do the upgrade fom the loader executable.

So if you have the 4.5 OS installed on the PC and you have deleted the vendor.xml file, you can go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader, you can double-click on the Loader.exe and see if that initiates the upgrade.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    The loader executable is part of the OS install package, so the DM download wasn't really necessary if you're trying to do the upgrade fom the loader executable.

So if you have the 4.5 OS installed on the PC and you have deleted the vendor.xml file, you can go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader, you can double-click on the Loader.exe and see if that initiates the upgrade.
    Thanks for the correction Roger.

houston we have a problem-SOLVED!!! WOOHOO!!! thanks to everyone and to RoGro! so all my 4.2 themes will need to be upgraded or can i still use them?
    silvermoon

apparently that last vendor .xml was hidden in the apploader file! its on its way to upgrading now!
    silvermoon

I don't use custom themes, but I don't think 4.2 themes will work with a 4.5 OS. They might, but probably will not.

Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon View Post
    apparently that last vendor .xml was hidden in the apploader file! its on its way to upgrading now!
    That's where the vendor.xml file normally is found, silver!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You will have to get 4.5 themes which is actually cool because people are pumping out new themes all the time that are awesome. Also silver sorry I wasn't thinking about hidden vendors last night we might have had you up a little sooner.

well i had read about hidden vendor files in another post, but i couldnt find anything! i worked for hours on that dumb thing... so please DONT apologize cowboy! you helped me tremendously!! i only hope i can return the favor to others!
    silvermoon

You did most of the work, Randy! Hard to be on top of things all the time around here!

well i had read about hidden vendor files in another post, but i couldnt find anything! i worked for hours on that dumb thing... so please DONT apologize cowboy! you helped me tremendously!! i only hope i can return the favor to others!
    I think the hidden vendor.xml files were a result of an issue with Desktop Manager v4.7. I don't recall that being a problem with earlier versions.

well i had gotten rid of that stupid desktop mgr first thing after we had discovered the issue it way earlier in the beg, so it hadnt been there for a while. so you think thats where the vendor file came from then?

btw anyone know if a cingular sim card in an att phone would cause the phone to shut off by itself all the time? its gotten worse with an upgrade in os..(this is an 8310 btw)
    silvermoon

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Well I am just glad it worked and who better to come in and save the day than the one I have learned the most from. Thanks for the assist Roger. Glad I could help silver and I am sure you will turn it around if you see someone in need thats what we are all about.
    Only other thing I might mention is after its all done you may need to register or resend service books to get everything just right.

well i had gotten rid of that stupid desktop mgr first thing after we had discovered the issue it way earlier in the beg, so it hadnt been there for a while. so you think thats where the vendor file came from then?

btw anyone know if a cingular sim card in an att phone would cause the phone to shut off by itself all the time? its gotten worse with an upgrade in os..(this is an 8310 btw)
    Uh oh. You didn't do the upgrade with a media card in the device, didja?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast