Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thanks, but all those links are dead. Got it through a torrent, and almost done. ... BlackBerry News forum

mrsubway no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Thanks, but all those links are dead. Got it through a torrent, and almost done.

I've come to understand that I may get some strange icons from the East Asia version on my homescreen. Is there a .cod I should delete to avoid this before installation? I guess I can just hide the icons.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Sorry about that. Should've check myself before pointing you in that direction.

No, you won't get any strange icons! I'm running the same OS on my 8310.

No problem. . I'm upgrading now. (shivers) Hopefully, they've improved GPS. Funny, when I had .102, my gps was good. When I upgraded to the "official" ATT version of .110, it seems to have screwed up my gps! Got my fingers crossed.

Kind of ticked at AT&T here. I downloaded .110 from them in Dec., and since that very day I had no GPS. My phone could not find any satellites. I don't have Telenav, because I have BBMaps and also Google. Now it's funny, just upgraded to .124, and got a GPS lock in seconds! I wonder if ATT has done something to their release of the OS. I battery pulled several times while on .110, and it wouldn't fix the GPS.

Maybe just a coincidence, but I wouldn't put it past these big companies.

I'm liking .124 thus far.

I found that you can toggle the Connection setting in Share & More>Preferences. I'd get it to work if I switched that setting to TCP vs. BIS.

Glad to hear you're up and running now, though!

Huh? LOL. Don't get that one. Where is this setting? I don't have "sharing and more" on my phone, or I've never seen it. GPS seems sporadic on this model, but it was really bad with .110.

EyesCold no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Welcome to PinStack, EyesCold!

We're here to help with your upgrade, should you need it! I would recommend the 4.6 version of DM. People have used 4.7 with no issues, but lots of people have had issues with 4.7, so best to stick with, in my opinion, a more solid version.

Please let us know how we may be of assistance!

Regards,
    Roger
    Please give me instructions on how to find and delete the vendor file. I have TMO, 8100, DM 4.6 and installing 110.

Thanks.

Addendum: Nevermind... duh, I found it.
    Last edited by EyesCold; 01-27-2009 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsubway View Post
    Huh? LOL. Don't get that one. Where is this setting? I don't have "sharing and more" on my phone, or I've never seen it. GPS seems sporadic on this model, but it was really bad with .110.
    Sorry, I was assuming you were using TeleNav. The setting is in there. Long day.

Just want to report back and let you know that the update went well. I have some trouble downloading the files, the server kept disconnecting.

But installing the software and applying the updates was a breeze. I like the new feature voice memo. I have a 8100 and TMO.

Thank you for all your assistance. I will keep you posted if I find any bugs.

Thanks for the update, Eyes. Glad it all went well!

It was a success upgrading to 4.5 but I've had some problems. Did you guys get this error 1904 while installing the DM? I just choose ignore and it never gave me problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Eyes,

Sometimes it's wise to completely uninstall Desktop Manager prior to installing a newer version. While many people are successfully using DM 4.7, many are also scrapping it in favor of what seems to be a more stable version in DM 4.6. Food for thought.....

Roger

chaucolai no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yay! A VF NZ 8100 Pearl! Thank you thank you thank you!! :]
    Now, hope that it works ;]

dr2
    dr2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    After the update to 4.5, the audible click from the trackball is not loud enough... did i do something wrong :S
    i dont have any bugs so far after the update and im very pleased except the fact that i only hear a faint click now

smcopey no está en línea Stack level 2
    T-Mobile one anytime soon.....