Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Nope, that's the most recent for AT&T, at least from everything I've seen on the ... BlackBerry News forum

Trottsky no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Nope, that's the most recent for AT&T, at least from everything I've seen on the first page of this thread.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Quote Originally Posted by Trottsky View Post
    I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I've searched around and didn't see anything.

I'm correct in assuming that installing the new OS does not effect your data plan, right? I don't have to do anything special after re-registering with the network?

Again, sorry if this has already been covered.
    No it will not affect your data plan. Re register to the network and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by smcopey View Post
    i just updated to 4.5.0.110 like last week...do i have the highest upgrade....and if not what are the changes between the highest and mine....enough to upgrade again????
    And correct ~ .110 is the latest for AT&T however, there is .124 recently released for a few other carriers so those would be the latest 4.5 OS.
    Not sure of the changes, haven't upgraded my 8310, however there are always minor fixes, yet it's not always the case that a later version will be better. If you're running stable on one OS sometimes
    it's best to leave well enough alone
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 01-22-2009 at 11:44 PM.

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    Still no official OS for TMO?
    **Ashmee**

Trottsky no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks LavaGirl.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I agree. My current OS is stable, so I am leaving it alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    No it will not affect your data plan. Re register to the network and you're good to go.

And correct ~ .110 is the latest for AT&T however, there is .124 recently released for a few other carriers so those would be the latest 4.5 OS.
    Not sure of the changes, haven't upgraded my 8310, however there are always minor fixes, yet it's not always the case that a later version will be better. If you're running stable on one OS sometimes
    it's best to leave well enough alone

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I download an upgrade 4.5.0.110 onto my device. So far no problems..
    Last edited by lauren25; 01-23-2009 at 05:15 PM.
    ~Lauren

ChrisAG no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b2cf00
    It would seem that .124 doesn't add anything, DM tells me that I already have the newest apps or that it's more recent than .124 even though I'm running .r08
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Chris,

If you still have the .110 OS on your PC, Desktop Manager won't recognize the .124 upgrade. If you wanted to upgrade to .124, you'd need to uninstall the .110 OS through Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features if you are running Vista).

Regards,
    Roger

EyesCold no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

I've been following this thread for some time now and still have not taken the plunge. I have the 8100 Pearl with TMO and still patiently waiting for the official upgrade. I think this thread has answered most of my questions and I may give it a try.

Smcopey, you may be the first person in this thread that has the same setup as mine. Congratulations on your successful upgrade. I do have some questions like yours and I want to know if it affected your myfavs settings and did you manage to get the free color pearl ball? What DM version did you use? Are you still using the AT&T version or have you upgraded? Your response is much appreciated.

My thumbs up to the OP rogro, moderncowboy and to the rest that shared their experience.

Quote Originally Posted by smcopey View Post
    First off i dont have a DM on this computer and not allowed so can i save the files to a flash drive then update on the computer that has the DM. if so then how do i do it.
    Second off, will this effect my Fav5's on my t-mobile.
    Third, Will there be a program i can download for my berry that is just like colorpearl but free?

Welcome to PinStack, EyesCold!

We're here to help with your upgrade, should you need it! I would recommend the 4.6 version of DM. People have used 4.7 with no issues, but lots of people have had issues with 4.7, so best to stick with, in my opinion, a more solid version.

Please let us know how we may be of assistance!

Regards,
    Roger

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    okay, i decided to do the upgrade guys, just downloaded and installed dm 4.6 and am going to install the 4.5 software for my 8100. my fingers are crossed!!

How'd it go, Lisa?

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well it is taking some getting used to but it upgraded no problem after I downloaded the AT&T version - unfortunately the auto update engine didn't work- but am liking the auto complete with SureType and how emails look. Also getting used to the pointer. But all in all glad to have done it. Thanks! Now on to new themes. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrsubway no está en línea Stack level 1

Pearl 8110 .124?

Hi. I've been following these forums and checking out this site for sometime.

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to get 4.5.0.124 for the Pearl 8110? It seems like this is always, without fail, the last Blackberry phone to ever get a beta build, and it is quite frustrating.

Thanks.

mrsubway,

Welcome to PinStack!

You'll find information on obtaining the .124 build for your device here.

Regards,
    Roger