Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Be sure to delete vendor.xml file if those listed are not your Official carrier. Follow ... BlackBerry News forum

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Latest Official OS for Pearl 8100 & 8110 - As of Feb 20, 2010

Advertisement

Last edited by pdxmatts; 02-21-2010 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Update

sugars no está en línea Stack level 1
    i want the necessary software to flash a 8100 t mobile os

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    does the camera actually work in this version? every time i load 4.5 my screen on a picture just goes white... no matter the light. is that fixed or not?

Onedragon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    in'...
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post
    does the camera actually work in this version? every time i load 4.5 my screen on a picture just goes white... no matter the light. is that fixed or not?
    I've had .55 for awhile now; the camera is MUCH better.

catattoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sooo, I have a pearl 8100. I am using a small US carrier in Ohio, Cincinnati Bell. my software is several versions older in both cases.

I downloaded the following;

8100M_PBr4.5.0_rel81_PL2.7.0.68_A4.5.0.55_Vodafone _UK

Desktop Manager 4.7.0 B50 Multilanguage - With Media Manager

BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers_ENG (DM4.7b50)

If I follow the instructions will I be able to upgrade my phone to the latest O/S.

I am afraid to totally disable my phone!

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Follow the instructions in the "how to" thread I linked above and you should be fine. I recommend reading through the thread first. Be sure to follow all the steps. And delete the vendor.xml file.

~via Lavaberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

charleston no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have two pearl 8100 that were suncom and tmobile gave me the unlock code for both. I would like to know if I can use any os or do I still have to use the tmobile prior suncom download that is like 4.2.1? And how do I rid myself of the xl file

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by charleston View Post
    I have two pearl 8100 that were suncom and tmobile gave me the unlock code for both. I would like to know if I can use any os or do I still have to use the tmobile prior suncom download that is like 4.2.1? And how do I rid myself of the xl file
    As long as it is for the 8100. You can use any Operating system from any Carrier. All you have to do is download and install it to your PC. Once you have done that just go to c/program files/ common files/ research in motion/app loader and delete the vendor.xml. Then open desktop manager and it should install the new operating system.

Before doing this uninstall any older OS on your PC and be sure once you download the new OS that you run it to your PC. If you have issues post here on the stacks and one of the experts or other great stackers will help you on your journey.

714Rae no está en línea Stack level 2
    hi,

i have a question regarding the 8100 and OS 4.2.0.69. does this OS support animated themes? I made a theme for someone built for OS 4.2.1 and they can not load it, so before i try editing the custom.properties file, i need to know if 4.2.0.69 will even support it.

Oh and another question... if the 4.2.0.69 will NOT support animated themes, can i still edit the custom.properties file and build for it anyway? I am skeptical on this.

Thank you!
    If any issues with my themes are found, please inform me so I can fix them :)

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible. ~Anonymous

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Okay, I am having real problems with my phone. I am the one 714 rae made a jurisprudence theme for. i couldnt load it on .069 so upgraded to 4.2.1.96. Now I still cannot load it so it may not be because of the OS. Now my problem is that I cannot load any alx files to my BB with the DM and I dont know what version I am supposed to be using on either one. I read somewhere to upgrade to the newest versions, but can anyone give me actual examples. I have AT&T as a carrier, if that matters. HELP!! thanks.

oh my, i feel so bad! I never had problems with desk top manager and i am on TMO but i have DM 4.3.0.17 and my OS is 4.2.1.107. I assume you have tried a clean install? do you think that your desk top manager is compatible with the OS you just installed?

these are really thoe only two ideas i have right now, but I hope you get it working soon

Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99 View Post
    Okay, I am having real problems with my phone. I am the one 714 rae made a jurisprudence theme for. i couldnt load it on .069 so upgraded to 4.2.1.96. Now I still cannot load it so it may not be because of the OS. Now my problem is that I cannot load any alx files to my BB with the DM and I dont know what version I am supposed to be using on either one. I read somewhere to upgrade to the newest versions, but can anyone give me actual examples. I have AT&T as a carrier, if that matters. HELP!! thanks.

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible and achieves the impossible. ~Anonymous

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Don't feel badly its not your fault!
    I appreciate your efforts. what do you mean clean install?I am wondering if I should up grade or downgrade my desktop software.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

by clean install i mean to completely remove DM and delete the old program file from your hard drive so when you install the new software it creates a new file path directory.... i am not a good explainer, i hope that makes sense. If you are using an old old old verson of DM maybe that is the problem? I would upgrade to a newer DM and if possible, a higher OS but i dont wanna mess you up! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99 View Post
    Don't feel badly its not your fault!
    I appreciate your efforts. what do you mean clean install?I am wondering if I should up grade or downgrade my desktop software.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am assuming you have the operating system installed to your pc since you did do an upgrade. Correct???

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yes, right now i just uninstalled my DM 4.3 and am installing DM 4.2 and the SP1 and SP2. I also uninstalled my OS for the BB and will reinstall the DM and then the OS and see what happens. I am not happy about not being able to load any programs via DM and dont want to go back down on my BB OS to 4.2.0.69 again, since some programs I like (and got OTA) are only compatible with OS 4.2.1 and older. I am reluctant to upgrade to DM 4.5 and another OS on my 8100 given the postings I have seen.

Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast