Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Are all the ones listed on page one of this thread the latest and greatest? ... BlackBerry News forum

dino422 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C0588F

Advertisement

Are all the ones listed on page one of this thread the latest and greatest? Anyone of them better than the other or should I just use Verizon's?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Dino,
    I'm still .127 on my 8330 but if it is on this page it should be OK. You're usually safe using that OR the one from your provider - your choice.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    31C0588F
    Thanks a ton!

PIN/ID
    31C0588F
    Ok, one more question. When I go to U.S Cellulars place of download it comes up with two choices to download. Which one should I pick?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The list is a little behind because telus has released 4.5.0.160 and it isn't showing. If your Verizon you might check the web updater also to see if they haven't gone that way also. I know Alltel did night before last because I am running the .160.

Cowboy, Do you like .160 OK?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sorry,Jb,Just now noticed this. So far I haven't had any issues with it. There is nothing noticeably different that I can tell. I can say I was wrong about Google maps working with GPS it turns out playing with it some more that it was just triangulating. Grrrr...but other than that I like it.

Update: I started BBMaps and left it running in the background a Voila!!! Google Maps is NOW WORKING when running BBmaps in the background.. Hot diggity dog!!
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 06-11-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Cool, Cowboy! So you started BB Maps, left it running for a while and started Google Maps and the GPS works with either....or both? If so that's worth the upgrade. I can't do it now but I might give it try this weekend. Post back if any of it "goes south" on you.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That's about the size of it, jb. I can't full test and be sure because of the cloud cover today I keep dropping satellite but will test again first clear day. It does appear to be working however.

Great, thanks Cowboy! I'll go for it the first chance I get.

PIN/ID
    31C0588F
    Well, uploaded .160 yesterday morning. So far so good. Thanks for all the help.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad its working for you.

Just for grins, has anyone verified that IM+ All in One Messager or IM+ for Skype works ok on .160. I don't know why they wouldn't but thought I'd ask.

I upgraded to .160 and got a msg that said 'warning, not all application data could be loaded" and it pointed me to the backup file where I could (allegedly) restore it. It appears that the ap not loaded was the BB browser - I've NEVER had an error like this. Anyone else have that error or any suggestions?

I've done a "show all" on the BB and the browswer really isn't there - if I list the applications, it says its loaded. This is very confusing as you can imagine. I've upgraded a lot of BB's as we all have and never gotten an error like this.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    That's a new on to me,jb. I would probably just try reloading the OS if a solution wasn't readily available. However that's just me.