Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

8330m? I have it on my 8330 from verizon and I came up from .77... BlackBerry News forum

kjlo5 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

8330m? I have it on my 8330 from verizon and I came up from .77

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlo5 View Post
    8330m? I have it on my 8330 from verizon and I came up from .77
    If you go here and select 8330 what you get is a choice of this:

Applications: 4.5.0.66 orApplications: 4.3.0.124

If you select 8330m what you get is this:

Applications: 4.5.0.138

I don't know what the 8330m is but I thought it was different from the 8330.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

kjlo5, Further investigation reveals that the 8330m, supposedly a Sprint phone, has an 18-digit esn number and the 8330(e) has an 11-digit number. Would you mind checking (options>status) to see how many you have? If you have an 11-digit number and have installed .138 on it, you might have something there.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    4.5.0.138 is out for the 8330 also. Verizon is actually suppose to release it today and it is already out on Telus . The 8330m version is totally different and will NOT work on the regular 8330's not totally sure on the reasoning something to do with running out of numbers or something like that from what I have read lately.

I actually installed it last night and it's OK but I see no real difference.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    4.5.0.138 is out for the 8330 also. Verizon is actually suppose to release it today and it is already out on Telus . The 8330m version is totally different and will NOT work on the regular 8330's not totally sure on the reasoning something to do with running out of numbers or something like that from what I have read lately.

I actually installed it last night and it's OK but I see no real difference.
    Thanks for clearing that up, Cowboy. I didn't know it was our for us "plain" 8330s. Would you mind checking to see if your GPS is unlocked? You can check it with Google Maps I think. Azstar said her's worked under an older release (like .89? or one of those) - what I'm waiting to hear is that it has opened up under one of these new releases. (I don't even know if that's possible but Az, you and I are all 8330 under Alltel.)

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Actually jb, I am beginning to believe that Alltel has blocked GPS unless you use TelNav. I have tried forever to get it to work and even going back to .89 didn't fix it for me. I did have a laptop crash during install last night and may reload when I get home later and test it again but as for now its a no go.

It was just a thought. Actually, I was shocked when Az told me her's worked on the earlier release. It bug the crap outa me that that thing is on the phone and I can't even use it with Google Maps. It's enough to get me to move to Verizon - they unlocked theirs around the 1st of 2009 totally I think.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I posted that I only got it working with BB maps though. Won't work with any other app
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I posted that I only got it working with BB maps though. Won't work with any other app
    That you did - I was remembering Google Maps - sorry, wishful thinking I guess.

That it worked with anything is better than what mine does - nothing. How about some Verizon users chiming in re: how their "Verizon unlodked" GPS works and with what? Everything?

jwags88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30D7BA64
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    That you did - I was remembering Google Maps - sorry, wishful thinking I guess.

That it worked with anything is better than what mine does - nothing. How about some Verizon users chiming in re: how their "Verizon unlodked" GPS works and with what? Everything?

I have Verizon and the "unlocked gps" only works on BB Maps. And it still works if on VZNav if you wanna shell out the extra $$ every month.

Yeah. Thx, mine works on Telenav if I want to shell out the $$ every month. I don't.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    If you go here and select 8330 what you get is a choice of this:

Applications: 4.5.0.66 orApplications: 4.3.0.124

If you select 8330m what you get is this:

Applications: 4.5.0.138

I don't know what the 8330m is but I thought it was different from the 8330.
    This is out for telus as of a few days ago.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

joeyinpa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Thank You LavaGirl*! I just did an upgrade for my 8330 from 4.5.0.77 to the .131 and gained a ton of memory back, about 10 megs at least, OS is running much faster!
    Thank You!!!
    JoeyLee*

dino422 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31C0588F
    Hi all. Just writing to check which version or carrier would be the best to download. I have a verizon 8330. I do understand though that I can use anyone as long as I delete the vendor.

Thanks,

Dino

That's right, Dino. Just delete vendor file after installing on your p-c and before installing on BB.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast