Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by JoE113 Ok so I have Sprint... which one would I click to ... BlackBerry News forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by JoE113 View Post
    Ok so I have Sprint... which one would I click to download the 4.5 OS?!? thanks
    You can download and use any Operating System you want as long as it is for your device. All you have to do is follow the guides found here on pinstack and you are good to go. As for the warranty I am sure if you upgrade and have an issue your provider will blame the trouble on you and the upgrade and not honor the warranty. You can always downgrade back to original OS if you need to take the BB in.

kam2958 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks appreciate the input.

mouseman225 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Why no alltel listing? I mean I'm fine using the ones listed, but I was just curious why they weren't listed. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by mouseman225 View Post
    Why no alltel listing? I mean I'm fine using the ones listed, but I was just curious why they weren't listed. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There is no official alltel 8330 released yet. I don't know if it was an actual alltel release but when I downloaded DM .7 and searched for updates it installed .89 to my curve. You might try that but there is no way to tell if it is an actual alltel update.

evablazinballa no está en línea Stack level 1
    is thr any release for telus i still have os 4.3

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    If its not on this list then probably not. This list is very up to date.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    There is no official alltel 8330 released yet. I don't know if it was an actual alltel release but when I downloaded DM .7 and searched for updates it installed .89 to my curve. You might try that but there is no way to tell if it is an actual alltel update.
    How's .89 working for you Cowboy? I didn't know it was available THAT way. I'm still on .77 - any noticable difference?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    How's .89 working for you Cowboy? I didn't know it was available THAT way. I'm still on .77 - any noticable difference?
    I haven't noticed any real differnce. Its been very steady and I haven't had any issues. I am assuming its an Alltel update since update go by PIN and not device. If you can get it the same way I would say go for it. When I did it I was running .97 and when I clicked update it offered me the .97 or the .89 so I went for it.

Now I have another question, Cowboy, assuming that I have to upgrade to DM 4.7 to do this, how is THAT (new DM) working for you? Any noticable difference there? (Am I a pain in the neck yet?)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    All I have used it for so far is to take off a few thing and back up I haven't noticed anything off the wall with it yet. Then again I haven't used it a lot so I couldn't say for sure as far as compared to 4.5 or .6. Just from lack of use. If you would like when I get home I will get my wifes old pearl and put it thru the ringer and she what happens. Then let you know more.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    All I have used it for so far is to take off a few thing and back up I haven't noticed anything off the wall with it yet. Then again I haven't used it a lot so I couldn't say for sure as far as compared to 4.5 or .6. Just from lack of use. If you would like when I get home I will get my wifes old pearl and put it thru the ringer and she what happens. Then let you know more.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Don't bother Cowboy but thanks for offering. I'll give it a try - I just downloaded and I'm going to install.

I'm currently working 2 laptops so if one goes down the tube I have the other one until I can restore the bad guy. Enjoy your weekend and don't waste it testing stuff for me.

phantom02 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    303621DC
    ok even dumber question. how do i know what version i am running? i went to options --> about and it says blackberry 8330 smartphone v4.3.0.127 (platform) 3.1.0.73 am i up to date?

dubie76 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom02 View Post
    ok even dumber question. how do i know what version i am running? i went to options --> about and it says blackberry 8330 smartphone v4.3.0.127 (platform) 3.1.0.73 am i up to date?
    you have OS 4.3 If your question is are you up to date with the rest of the BB world No, Are you up to date with Sprint, Yes.
    Sprint Tour 9630
    OS 5.0.0.230 (Leaked)

Phantom, What dubie said is totally accurate. Now, if you're new to BB and your phone is doing what you want get a little more familiar with it, learn its features and how to use them and forget about upgrading to the latest OS. New folks can spend their time MUCH MORE wisely learning to use the Blackberry than trying to stay up to date with the latest OS.

Once you feel you have the Blackberry and its functions "under your belt" AND have a lttle time to play, upgrade your OS then. That's just advice but it's good advice IMO depending on your Blackberry experience.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Phantom, What dubie said is totally accurate. Now, if you're new to BB and your phone is doing what you want get a little more familiar with it, learn its features and how to use them and forget about upgrading to the latest OS. New folks can spend their time MUCH MORE wisely learning to use the Blackberry than trying to stay up to date with the latest OS.

Once you feel you have the Blackberry and its functions "under your belt" AND have a lttle time to play, upgrade your OS then. That's just advice but it's good advice IMO depending on your Blackberry experience.
    I would have to agree 100%.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast