Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

John, If you try to update via the web updater it will ask you if ... BlackBerry News forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

John, If you try to update via the web updater it will ask you if you want to be alerted when updates are available for your device. That's the only way I know how to do it.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Got it Cowboy. I'll give that a try. I usually just go get a beta release and install that, sometimes to my regret.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Decided not to wait...may regret it later...my profiles did not back up properly and the 1st upgrade attempt had a fatal error, trying again now.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Not sure why you are having issues azstar. Mine went perfect. I am doing Lori's now and hopefully it goes ok because I don't feel like staying up half the night fixing it.

It recovered fine, some profile settings not saved but expected that since my backup noted errors...no big deal. App wolrd issues still the same, tons of common apps missing and not available for me to download
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thats strange. Everything I had came back with no issues. I had to redownload BBM 5.0 but that was it. I guess I don't keep as much on my BB as you do yours.

I ca't get BBM 5.0 to load through the DM, need an OTA link, too lazy to search for one tonight...maybe tomorrow lol, won't be BBMing in my sleep anyway
    Twitter? My Apps List

Twitter to the rescue, someone sent me a link
    Twitter? My Apps List

Az, I don't know if these are still good but I saved the bookmark - give it try if Twitter doesn't save you.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Have any of you who dowloaded it noticed any major differences/pluses, etc.... I'm running .160. Is it worth making the jump?
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    John, If you try to update via the web updater it will ask you if you want to be alerted when updates are available for your device. That's the only way I know how to do it.
    Just realized why I don't use the Web Updater - it requires IE and, although I keep it around (still on IE6 currently) I use IE, only if I have to. I still may try it the next time I upgrade to an official OS.

How'd your upgrade end up, Az?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

If you go to Blackberry.com and check for the latest OS for (Alltel) 8330 it lists 4.5.0.169. Anyone tried it over .160 and if so, is it any better?

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Jb I had the 169 and it was much better than the 160 but still had memory loss. I had to pull the battery about twice a week. I just upgraded to the 175. Ill let you know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
    Jb I had the 169 and it was much better than the 160 but still had memory loss. I had to pull the battery about twice a week. I just upgraded to the 175. Ill let you know how it goes
    Thanks. I'd like to know. I never did go back to previous release - too lazy to go backwards but I sure would like to upgrade to a better release. I'll look forward to hearing how 175 goes - no hurry though.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Thanks. I'd like to know. I never did go back to previous release - too lazy to go backwards but I sure would like to upgrade to a better release. I'll look forward to hearing how 175 goes - no hurry though.
    jb I upgraded to the 4.5.0.175 ota and I like it a lot better than .169 it holds up better in every way. I have berryweather, berry popup, smart alerts, berrybuzz, pinstack launcher, pinstack reader, opera mini, bolt, poynt, berry 411, facebook, nobex, urber twitter, dictonary.com, gridmagic, bbchecklist, pandora, ebay, pacman, bubble popper, maratick, yourshortcut, blocked traffic free, youversion, stopwatch, that's about it. I have 4 emails and I leave the pinstack quick launcher usually in the background. I havent dropped below 10 meg yet.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast