Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Pipes, the .160 I mentioned is a beta OS and isn't officially released yet - ... BlackBerry News forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Pipes, the .160 I mentioned is a beta OS and isn't officially released yet - sorry I wasn't more specific. I don't have DL reference. It took me a while to find it but here's a beta thread that might help you in deciding whether you want to give it a try. At least you can read the experiences of other users before you make your decision. I hope that helps.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Pipes, the .160 I mentioned is a beta OS and isn't officially released yet - sorry I wasn't more specific. I don't have DL reference. It took me a while to find it but here's a beta thread that might help you in deciding whether you want to give it a try. At least you can read the experiences of other users before you make your decision. I hope that helps.
    If you want an official release of .160 you can use the Telus version.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Thanks for the link, Cowboy. I was thinking it was still unofficial, maybe because I had such a hard time finding it when I installed it a while back.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pipesfamily no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    thanks, i went and got a different os and now i am running 4.5.0.131 from sprint on my vzw 8330 just deleted the vendor file like lavagirl said to and not had a problem since, but still no gps (go figure) but i think that is a lost cause with my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by pipesfamily View Post
    thanks, i went and got a different os and now i am running 4.5.0.131 from sprint on my vzw 8330 just deleted the vendor file like lavagirl said to and not had a problem since, but still no gps (go figure) but i think that is a lost cause with my phone.
    Pipes, It didn't work for me until I installed 4.5.0.160 - nothing previous to that did it. Don't know if 160 would work for you but be aware of that. That's the only reason I installed it, to see if it'd work.

stonewall72 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Will telenav work with vzw and 160? Also will PRL change if I upgrade OS? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stonewall72 View Post
    Will telenav work with vzw and 160? Also will PRL change if I upgrade OS? Thanks!
    I think you have to pay for Telenav to the tune of $10 a month - then I'll bet it'll work. I dropped my subscription to it before I upgraded to .160 so I don't know for sure. Maybe another 4.5.0.160 user can answer this.

Right my wife had telenav with alltel. When we switched to vzw and tied it was no dice. Said we had to get external gps puck. Maybe ill give 160 a shot...

Quote Originally Posted by stonewall72 View Post
    Right my wife had telenav with alltel. When we switched to vzw and tied it was no dice. Said we had to get external gps puck. Maybe ill give 160 a shot...
    Oh yeah! I haven't had it since I was converted to Verizon - Verizon also has their own GPS ap for money. I resist...!

Yes she tried vz navigator and it was terrible

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Verizon has officially released 4.5.0.138 for the 8330 and 8130. You can download here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Downloaded it and tried it on my 8330. So far so good. BBM 5 working well. Any know issues or fixes with this release????
    Thanks!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Just got email from RIM today about a new update. Installing 4.5.0.169 as I type. Will report back any new things I find and how it gels with BBM 5.0 and BBmaps. This is via the web updater on my Alltel Curve. I will have to investigate to see if it is posted anywhere yet. The web updater is found here.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Let me know how it goes, I got that message too and am wondering if the issues with apps missing in app world for alltel users will be fixed with this
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

Do you two subscribe to something to get these emails. I didn't get anything and I should be like you re: device and carrier.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast