Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by white2003 Where you upgrading from 4.2.2.* directly to 4.5? or were you ... BlackBerry News forum

cwaturner no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by white2003 View Post
    Where you upgrading from 4.2.2.* directly to 4.5? or were you already on a lower version of 4.5? I don't use folders so I am not sure if I have the issue or not. I always just hide the icons I do not use.
    You would notice right away, all the icons are mixed up from where ever you left them and random ones are hiden. I am also noticing that every moringing my ringers are all silent, i have to do a battery pull to reset it, and thus my homescreen is all messed up again. I have noticed that all the preloaded pictures are all gone as well.

digdoug no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D73DE7
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    And where can u get this mythical 4.5 OS?
    Follow the white rabbit.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

OS v4.5.0.135, package 3.4.0.28 has been officially released by Sprint:

BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.5.0.201 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 4.5.0.201
    Consisting of:
    • Applications: 4.5.0.135
    • Software Platform: 3.4.0.28
    • File name: 8830uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel201_PL3.4.0.28_A4.5.0.135_Sp rint.exe
    • File size: 82.14MB

Installing as we speak on my Verizon Wireless 8830...

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    SSsssssssMokin!
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Downloading now

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    So far so good. No problems as of yet.

theermine no está en línea Stack level 1

8830WE US Cellular v4.5.0.138 (Platform 3.4.0.30)

Got a notification from RIM telling me I had an update at http://www.blackberry.com/updates To my surprise it actually updated. After completion, which went flawlessly it seems so far, It shows v4.5.0.138 (Platform 3.4.0.30) in the 'About'.

I checked RIM's update site for USCC and the USCC Carrier update page and neither show this update yet.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by theermine View Post
    Got a notification from RIM telling me I had an update at http://www.blackberry.com/updates To my surprise it actually updated. After completion, which went flawlessly it seems so far, It shows v4.5.0.138 (Platform 3.4.0.30) in the 'About'.

I checked RIM's update site for USCC and the USCC Carrier update page and neither show this update yet.
    Thanks for the info. If it is on the updater then it should be on the site within a few days. That is how it has worked in the past. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Thanks for the info. If it is on the updater then it should be on the site within a few days. That is how it has worked in the past. Thanks for sharing.
    No problem, so far so good, Seems to be running better then the 8830uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel201_PL3.4.0.28_A4.5.0.135_Sp rint.exe from the Sprint update page. I was getting major slowdown over time before. Running smooth since the update last night.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by theermine View Post
    No problem, so far so good, Seems to be running better then the 8830uAMEA_PBr4.5.0_rel201_PL3.4.0.28_A4.5.0.135_Sp rint.exe from the Sprint update page. I was getting major slowdown over time before. Running smooth since the update last night.
    Can you provide any of the link(s) for the files that were actually downloaded (possibly from your browser history or update log)? Even though this is an official RIM release, the web updater is not available to other carriers or BES users. From an earlier version, someone posted a list of files similar to the following:

http://bfs.websl.blackberry.com/bfs/...A/rim8830c.sfi
    http://bfs.websl.blackberry.com/bfs/...t_launcher.cod
    http://bfs.websl.blackberry.com/bfs/...e_launcher.cod
    etc.

BTW, USCC has posted links for this release for both the 8130 and 8330 on their website, but not for the 8830.
    Last edited by visortgw; 03-15-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Unfortunately I didn't think about that before loading it and looking through my history now doesn't show specifics to any cod of sfi files. just the msi loader itself. Hopefully it wont be long before this one shows up in a usable form for others. If you know more specifically where I may be able to dig the info out of I'd be happy to supply it.

the4ringer no está en línea Stack level 1
    total noob to this forum, but not entirely foreign on smartphones... now that the salutations are out of the way:

just updated my VZW BB8830WE to 4.5.0.135 using DM 4.6. Had one snag with "app error 523", but found out it was due to Surreal Theme previously installed. Now that I'm not using that, I have a new problem; I cant seem to find the Memo Pad/Notes icon/app, and I use it everyday. Any ideas how to recover it? (side note: no icons are hidden. SHOW ALL is selected)
    UPDATE: just ran AppLoader and found it in there. Wasnt in there before. Fixed now, though I have to re-sync to get back my memos

Also I used to run AIM (aol) as well, though I dont recall the version. I understand I'd have to reinstall it but I have 2 questions: 1)Will i have compatibility issues with AIM and 4.5 OS? 2) Where can I find AIM for my BB (be it OTA or dl to my desktop)
    UPDATE 2: Just went huntin through BB's mobile site and dl'd all my apps (myspace/facebook/aim). Case Closed

TIA
    Last edited by the4ringer; 03-25-2009 at 09:44 PM.

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just picked up 4.5.0.138 from the BB USC site.

Downloading now and will be installing on my VZ WE 8830

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvtx View Post
    Just picked up 4.5.0.138 from the BB USC site.

Downloading now and will be installing on my VZ WE 8830
    Is this Beta or Official? If official post up a link here if Beta post in the beta thread HERE for others to download.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Is this Beta or Official? If official post up a link here if Beta post in the beta thread HERE for others to download.
    It's official for the 8130 and 8330 only -- http://www.uscc.com/uscellular/SilverStream/Pages/x_page.html?p=bb_software

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast