Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I just installed the update and I can't reactivate my blackberry on BES... but maybe ... BlackBerry News forum

white2003 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I just installed the update and I can't reactivate my blackberry on BES... but maybe that is because one of our exchange servers is down. I will let you know in the morning. So far so good on everything else.

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    So far, so flawless........(to be determined)
    I'm not on BES.
    Last edited by SVT Cobra; 02-08-2009 at 04:39 AM.

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)

Thumbs up Hallelujah!!!

So I finally grabbed it and was a little scared of course.
    After I installed this to my VZW 8830 . I had one major issue which was bizarre.
    It couldnt find "Verizon" or my home area. So I had to somewhat 'force' it via Mobile network options.

What led me to this big upgrade was the fact that my dam memory kept 'leaking' for almost about a week and I kept losing my call logs. But doing my typical install and not installing all the excess 'crap' I have about 12megs free versus the 3-7. Before I rebooted and I was at a nice 9megs which then chomped down to 3 megs then to zero after awhile. IF anything the big bonus is the fact the GPS now works under blackberry maps. But not google...yet?

But yippee.. im much happier now. Feels like a revival w/ the 4.5.0.127(177)

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    ncc1701p, you stole the username i wanted!
    I've had no problems so far.
    What version did you have before this one?
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

ncc1701p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask_me:)
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    ncc1701p, you stole the username i wanted!
    I've had no problems so far.
    What version did you have before this one?
    As far as the username: oh really? Ive had this username for years beyond years. Only person I knew who had it around the same time i started using it was a guy in Japan.. speaking of which........
    Before this I was running the 4.2 OS which specifically had CJK (so I could read Japanese emails on here). My biggest fear of upgrading was losing the ability of reading Japanese. But phew.. I still retained it. Just the constant ZERO BYTES free issue finally drove me to upgrade.

It was weird when I activated BES. I had to go into BES and disable all wireless sync except the actual wireless sync. Then it let me sync my blackberry. When it was done I reenabled them.

My blackberry seems faster now, youtube doesn't freeze (but still not full screen), and I have more memory free then ever.

Also the problem where my back light would go off but the screen would stay on is gone, so that means better battery life! Sweet

I am definitely happy I went from 4.5.0.101 to 4.5.0.127

jnjewlz no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Yessiree buddy. All is well here. No issues whatsoever.
    Treo 300, 600, 700P, 700WX, BB 8830
    Realtor, Communications Consultant

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    yea no issues here too.....seems faster and more responsive overall...and the browser seems to load alot faster too

cwaturner no está en línea Stack level 2
    Has anyone noticed that after installing 4.5 that each time they reboot the device the main screen is not the same as you left it? ie. I have created folders to store email folders and another to store apps I dont use and set-up icons. Everytime I reboot those folders are gone and there are random icons selected as hiden. I have not been able to figure this one out, nor the fact that cookies seems to be disabled.

Where you upgrading from 4.2.2.* directly to 4.5? or were you already on a lower version of 4.5? I don't use folders so I am not sure if I have the issue or not. I always just hide the icons I do not use.

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cwaturner View Post
    Has anyone noticed that after installing 4.5 that each time they reboot the device the main screen is not the same as you left it? ie. I have created folders to store email folders and another to store apps I dont use and set-up icons. Everytime I reboot those folders are gone and there are random icons selected as hiden. I have not been able to figure this one out, nor the fact that cookies seems to be disabled.
    Yes, I see the same issue. I haven't figured out why it is doing it and probably won't be able to but hopefully it is addressed in a future release. It's really a pain the way it is working now.

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    Okay, having big problem...

after loading 4.5 OS (I have verizon) it just stays on the reboot screen with the hour glass, even though it goes through the full download process....HELP please....

And for some reason or another, the link that is set for the 4.2 OS that takes you to verizon is not working....

it recognizes the number I assume, but it goes from after selecting the device and typing number, to server error, or whatever...as if verizon or someone took this download off the web...??

I really need help, otherwise my sister is going to have a fit...and I mean a FIT that I am never going to hear the end of
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    The reboot process can take up to an hour after loading the OS.~via smartphone~

Subarudude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    who noze
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    The reboot process can take up to an hour after loading the OS.~via smartphone~

OMG :O, j/k, thank you soo much... I have never done any 'software' updates or anything with my old 8830, so I had no clue, but thank you so much....

as you could tell I was in little bit of a panic that I'd have to dish out a couple hundred bucks for a new BB, haha
    Running the .132 OS with v3.5 Hybrid installed, working pretty nice!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Even if you have a bad OS load there are plenty of people willing to help and solutions. I don't think you will have to buy a new one. ~via smartphone~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast