Read Kindle Books on Your BlackBerry. I love reading at home or on the go. ... BlackBerry News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Kindle For The Blackberry

Advertisement

Read Kindle Books on Your BlackBerry. I love reading at home or on the go.

*Get the best reading experience available on your BlackBerry. No Kindle required
    *Access your Kindle books even if you don't have your Kindle with you
    *Automatically synchronizes your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync
    *Create bookmarks and view the annotations you created on your Kindle, computer, or other Kindle-compatible mobile device

Learn More:
    Last edited by srl7741; 02-21-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thx srl for the heads up.
    I was waiting for Kindle to do something like this. Gonna try it out ! keep you posted.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Only for the newer devices - bummer for us users of the older BB's.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

HedBanger no está en línea Stack level 2
    This looks pretty lame. Who wants to read a book, or whatever, on a little BB screen? Constantly having to zoom in and out for each page.?
    "Over?......Did you say over?......Nothing is over until we decide it is!..... Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!.......Hell no!" John "Bluto" Blutarsky (Delta House)

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    its neat that if you didnt bring your kindle with you or if you want to kill some time at a dr.'s office (or at worK) then its a cool app, but i cant see myself reading like this at night in bed or even at home.
    Gyros anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by HedBanger View Post
    This looks pretty lame. Who wants to read a book, or whatever, on a little BB screen? Constantly having to zoom in and out for each page.?
    I'd do it in a pinch but it might be impossible.

I tried to DL even though they said they didn't support my 8330 - I have 5.0 on it and I thought I might squeeze through and get it on my phone. They mean what they say - I got rejected on the DL right away.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Think I'll stick podcasts and audio books on the BB. Thinking about getting a real kindle thou, or more likely a Nook, which support the epub free ebook standard they are trying to get "standardized"
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Downloaded this last week and my impressions are pretty much the same: not a bad app, but I certainly wouldn't want to read a book on it.

Quote Originally Posted by richmo58 View Post
    Downloaded this last week and my impressions are pretty much the same: not a bad app, but I certainly wouldn't want to read a book on it.
    This might work if RIM would ever come out with my "1st choice" Blackberry: a full screen (Storm) display with flip-up full keyboard, gobs of memory and lightning-fast processor.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    This might work if RIM would ever come out with my "1st choice" Blackberry: a full screen (Storm) display with flip-up full keyboard, gobs of memory and lightning-fast processor.

I hear you jb that would be a sweet berry and defiantly my choice also. You have the 5.0 and you still got rejected. That sounds like device discrimination to me lol

iaxbbcp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    unlike most of you here I love this app. I've been waiting for it... I have an ipod touch and a blackberry, been reading books on the itouch for a long time using the kindle app for it. also downloaded the kindle app for the pc. I rarely read a paper book anymore, and haven't for years, yet I'm a huge reader, and why should I pay what they want for a kindle, or a nook when the devices don't have the versatility. The best feature of this program is its ability to sync up with any of your other kindle programs and keep your place. I read on the computer, then I'm waiting for an appointment or at lunch at work, and I can pull out my blackberry and read my book. It knows exactly where I stopped reading on the computer, or ipod. I tend to use my computer version or ipod version more simple because of the bigger screens, however i have not had any problem with readability on my tour. you get used to it, much like you get used to surfing the web on the small screen. I'm very glad they finally released this app, specially since the kindle store is usually cheaper on the same books than the ereader store or Barnes and noble estores.
    iaxbbcp
    Tour 9630
    US Cellular

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    Actually its the perfect size for reading, i tried it out on my storm2 and i love it...

wesware no está en línea Stack level 1
    I too love it on my Storm 2. Very comfortable to read and text is easy to follow. Be even better when highlights/notes feature is added. Great app!
    WesWare Online.com - Dedicated to BlackBerry Protection & Style