8130 users you'll find this blog entry very useful: "Recently, Verizon Wireless released an upgrade ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Kelly Carter's How I Upgraded My BlackBerry OS (8130)

Advertisement

8130 users you'll find this blog entry very useful:

"Recently, Verizon Wireless released an upgrade of its version of the BlackBerry Operating System (a.k.a. Device Software) for the Pearl 8130, updating from version 4.3.0.60 to 4.3.0.97. Having never done an upgrade (my phone is only 3 months old), I wanted to research the “how-tos” and hazards of upgrading before I risked messing up my phone. I did my homework, set aside plenty of time in case something went wrong, and took the plunge. I am pleased to say it went beautifully, and I have lots of pictures to show how an upgrade works.

If you aren’t sure what your installed Operating System (OS) version is, do Options > About. It’s not labeled explicitly, but below the OS version is 4.3.0.60."

[Continued...]

kellycarter no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the referral, Hayden. Kelly Carter

bzaid23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have done the upgrade as well and haven't had any problems. It is a good upgrade and I have noticed minor changes that have made the phone better.

BZ

fjl307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Mine bricked and I had a hell of a time fixing it. I was kind of hoping it was bricked for good so I could return it and get a new one without a dead pixel.

jslim1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    After the upgrade, I have been having problems with the navigation software. From time to time, the phone cannot find a signal. I get a message alerting me that the signal is too weak and to move a different location. Well, no matter where I go, the signal is never good enough. Before the upgrade, I would never get this message.

In order to get around it, I have to remove the phone's battery pack for a couple of minutes and reinstall it . After doing so, I am able to use the navigation software without problems.

This is annoying. If I knew how to go back to the previous version, I would, as I have not seen any benefits from the .97 version.

pennaryan no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey all I too cannot use the VZ navigator as well since the upgrade. Wish I could just ditch it all together(the VZ Nav that is) and get something better. Just being patient for the 4.5 for html mail yeehaw

bladeberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318b6284
    Wow Mabye This Is Whats Wrong With My Telenav

XXBobbXX no está en línea Stack level 2
    hi can i upgrade my 8130 for us cellular using the mts mobility udgrade? cuz us cellular is taking forever haha
    XXBobbXX

kellycarter no está en línea Stack level 1

ARTICLE RELOCATED: to newBBie.com

The article Hayden refers to has been moved to my new site at http://newBBie.com. Kelly Carter

LORENAvas no está en línea Stack level 1

plz help mee

heyy im havin trouble wit my fphne everytime someone calls me it rings twice and without me pressing anything it goes to voicemail and also its people from my phonebook callin me and it comes up as unknown caller and it dont let me pick up
    how do i make it stop doin dat ??

kebollin no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just started having similar problems with my phone . I have sprint and when I took it to them they said thee was nothing wrong that they could find but that they will send me a new phine
    my phone i

kebollin no está en línea Stack level 1
    .. They said there was nothing wrong with the phone but that blackberry wanted to have it sent back ... Does that make sense ? Will the new os work in a sprint 8130? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~