Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

my phone has been offline almost the whole work day, if someone could help me ... BlackBerry News forum

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: New 8310/8320 Owners: Can't load apps/themes with Desktop Manager?

Advertisement

my phone has been offline almost the whole work day, if someone could help me i would deeply appreciate it

txmike17 no está en línea Stack level 2

I spent an hr and a half on the phone with an ATnT bb advisor from singapore last night. I had the same issue everyone else has had or is having. I went to the ATnT site as cherrichiodo has said several times. Downloaded the 8310 not the 83XX that some of you may have d-loaded and are having the same results. After it installed and I ran it a window cam up asking if you want to update several things. YOU HAVE TO CLICK CANCEL IF YOU HAVE THE 8300 DM INSTALLED. Thats whay the Singapore dude told me. I wanted to but he explained to me that would take off several key things that your phone needs. Not sure what but Ill take his word for it. Then oppen app install and delete the languages that you do not want. By default english US will stay on. It took my brand new phone 20 min to uninstall the languages and the Singapore dude said it would take 20 min. After that my phone was back to normal like my 8300 curve was. Hope this helps you. Thanks to all who have posted great help posts.

india979 no está en línea Stack level 1

i tried the link it doesn't work for. Nothing comes out.

c2k
    c2k no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

i got it working now.
    alot of people like myself are miss reading their carrier website. I'm with rogers and the latest version was the 8300 "series" so i assumed it was universal. It's not. I found a 8310 device software elsewhere and it resolved everything.

i blame rogers.

t.brock no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

hey there, i just got bb 8310 yesterday, i had a pearl, didnt have any problems until now. i load the program desktop manager, did everything that it said to do....but when i got to my media manager so i can transfer ringtones, music, or pic, it takes forever for the roxio media manger to load, then in a minute or 2 later i get an error message telling me to close the program...but if i let it run it makes my computer crash...........any IDEAS
    Thumbs must hurt....
    Crackberry addict........
    Give the lazy man a hard job to do, and he will find the easy way to do it!!!

txmike17 no está en línea Stack level 2

It did that for me the first several times as well. Now it works fine. I did have to go back in and manually re set voice mail hot key and im having issues with the media net and browser. Im just dealing with them for now.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by c2k View Post
    i got it working now.
    alot of people like myself are miss reading their carrier website. I'm with rogers and the latest version was the 8300 "series" so i assumed it was universal. It's not. I found a 8310 device software elsewhere and it resolved everything.

i blame rogers.
    Glad you finally got it working c2k!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by t.brock View Post
    hey there, i just got bb 8310 yesterday, i had a pearl, didnt have any problems until now. i load the program desktop manager, did everything that it said to do....but when i got to my media manager so i can transfer ringtones, music, or pic, it takes forever for the roxio media manger to load, then in a minute or 2 later i get an error message telling me to close the program...but if i let it run it makes my computer crash...........any IDEAS
    Did you load the DM from the disc that came with your BB?

If so, you might want to download this one instead:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Select SP2

This should resolve that issue. Also, what OS are you running on PC?
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

xlaurx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2188633D

Question Re: New 8310/8320 Owners: Can't load apps/themes with Desktop Manager?

Hey all- please please help! Cherri gave me some suggestions but still nothing is working-(tx Cherri! -

I am having the same problem as many w the app loader & theme issue...
    I just got the red 8310 on Halloween- My carrier is AT&T -I installed the Vodafone OS 4.2.2.176, I have the updated DtM 4.2.for 8310 Wireless.. I deleted the vendor file... I tried uninstalling and installing the DtM like 3 times with diff versions-i.e. the service pack from BB.com, the disc in came with, etc. I have been thru the forums, I cant find anymore answers.

Everytime I try to use apploader I get the same message "No addtl apps for the device are found". At first it was saying "xml error- syntax line 211" before the addtl apps message- but I got rid of that. ..

I did have the 8300 curve before this & I got into apploader-unlocked the vendor themes perfectly, no problem. I just went thru the shared path- edited the BB.alx file and boom. I did have problems sync-ing with the first curve but I think the 8300 had more bugs in general.

I am also having problems getting into my Lotus thru it for work- but I know thats probably more my IT teams end.

Does anyone have any advice?? My first Curve was stolen last Sat. and I just want to get this one feeling like "home" !

Thanks much! ;}

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Open Desktop Manager, Open Help and select About Desktop Manage, Click on the Device Software tab. Make sure you see the Package File name you downloaded is listed. If it's not, redownload and reinstall it, including deleting the vendor.xml file again.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

xlaurx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2188633D

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Open Desktop Manager, Open Help and select About Desktop Manage, Click on the Device Software tab. Make sure you see the Package File name you downloaded is listed. If it's not, redownload and reinstall it, including deleting the vendor.xml file again.

Rcbjr.
    Thanks Rc - when I look under device sware- it lists 4.2.2.176- I do have everything installed- its just not working. I think my brain is fried bc I am usually pretty quick & good w things-- and there are so many different things being said...maybe Im just confused... Im listing the things pple have asked or suggested just to clarify! This is what I have:
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    DTM is 4.2.2.14
    handheld is: 4.2.2.176
    App. Loader: 4.2.2.14
    Dev. Mgr.: 4.2.2.10

On my laptop under Control Panel- I have 2 BB Softwares-
    One is BB Dsktop 4.2.2 or (4.2.2.14)
    The other is BB v 4.2.2 for 8310 Wireless -> 4.2.2.176
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Do I have to downgrade my handheld OS to 4.2.2.14 so it matches up?? I am really at a loss here-
    I understand about having the OS on the handheld & on ur PC - but I cannot find a 176 for my desktop - lol- I feel like Im missing something really simple..

rawmeats no está en línea Stack level 2

yea, i bought my 8310 titanium on halloween as well and i'm getting the same error.

i'm pretty sure we both have all the "updated" stuff we need,

but i'm tying to go through some of the the suggested steps
    i'll reply if i find a quick/easy solution

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

does this work with thte .180 update cause im having some problems

phamtastic83 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm in the same situation with rawmeats. I have the same OS as the one on the att website. but i'm getting an error every time i try to upload something through the DM.

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^Did you guys load the DM that came with your BB on the disc? If so, try uninstalling it and downloading and installing this instead:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast