Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425 LastLast

I'm getting this error with a 7520, I've done the OS installation and tried multiple ... BlackBerry News forum

chmodx no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I'm getting this error with a 7520, I've done the OS installation and tried multiple DM versions. I'm on Nextel if that matters. "No additional applications" is the message I receive when selecting alx theme files.

danielvilla no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Error

Upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 still have same error !!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by chmodx View Post
    I'm getting this error with a 7520, I've done the OS installation and tried multiple DM versions. I'm on Nextel if that matters. "No additional applications" is the message I receive when selecting alx theme files.
    what OS did you install? if i am not mistaken, if you cannot upgrade to at least 4.2 (not sure on the older devices) then you will need a theme reader.

the only ones that i know of are on mobile41.com and a 7520 isn't listed, just the 71xx, 72xx and 87xx.

Quote Originally Posted by danielvilla View Post
    Upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 still have same error !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99 View Post
    Well guys,
    After a couple of days of looking around for a solution to this problem on my BB I still can't find one, although I am glad (and jealous!!) that all the support you guys are giving are helping others. I am wondering if there is a magical combination of the BB OS version and DM version for the Pearl 8100 version, so that I can try that to see if it will allow me to load alx files, and work the best on this old pearl.
    ^^ both quotes: what are you trying to install? a theme or application? are you 100% positive it was made for your device?

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi cherri. I was trying to upload both applications and a theme. Yes I think it was made for my 8100 and OS because the games worked on my 4.2.0 OS and I upgraded to 4.2.1 and also installed/upgraded to 4.3 DM on my pc. I think that(the DM version) is the problem from your other posts. Also 714rae made me a Jurisprudence theme and I can't install it because it needs DM and isn't OTA which is the only way I can install these days. Boo hoo!

jsbunny no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have the pearl 8130 and i have version v4.3.0.97 and i went to see if there was a newer version to download and my service provider wasnt on the list of service providers... any other way to get newer versions?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbunny View Post
    i have the pearl 8130 and i have version v4.3.0.97 and i went to see if there was a newer version to download and my service provider wasnt on the list of service providers... any other way to get newer versions?
    You can use any carriers operating system to upgrade your device. Just follow the links in my blog to learn how and if you have questions feel free to ask.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99 View Post
    Hi cherri. I was trying to upload both applications and a theme. Yes I think it was made for my 8100 and OS because the games worked on my 4.2.0 OS and I upgraded to 4.2.1 and also installed/upgraded to 4.3 DM on my pc. I think that(the DM version) is the problem from your other posts. Also 714rae made me a Jurisprudence theme and I can't install it because it needs DM and isn't OTA which is the only way I can install these days. Boo hoo!
    i specifically remember another stacker having this issue a year or so ago. try uninstalling DM and reinstalling 4.5 or 4.6 NOT 4.7. remember after installing that you need to reboot your PC. let us know if that helps. *crosses fingers*

jsbunny no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the site for the downloads for newer versions.. It really helped.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Glad it worked out for you and thank you.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i specifically remember another stacker having this issue a year or so ago. try uninstalling DM and reinstalling 4.5 or 4.6 NOT 4.7. remember after installing that you need to reboot your PC. let us know if that helps. *crosses fingers*
    thanks, i'll probably try that this weekend.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I THINK I HAVE FOUND THE PROBLEM AND SOLUTION.... ! (At least, with respect to me). After much searching, I happened upon a posting which said that to load the alx file, it MUST be in the same folder as the cod file as the cod is what is really loading into your BB and the alx is "locating" the file. Anyway, I noticed the files I couldn't load were not segregated into a specific file with only the alx and cod files. When I tried to load another theme which WAS in a separate file, it WORKED!

xxooxx0307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    my problem isnt trying to add programs or themes to my bb its that i got error 523 and when i try to wipe & reload the newest os it says there is no software available for my device....i've tried with different os's and different versions of dm....i dont know what else to do and i can;t seem to find an answer in any thread and my phones been like this a few days now

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Have you tried to delete the vendor.xml file? Did you install the device software to your PC by executing the Download File?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

xxooxx0307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i didnt delete the vendor file at first because i have at&t and it was at&t software & yes i installed even dm says so

PIN/ID
    ATA
    are you sure the OS is for an 8100 pearl, not 8120?