Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425 LastLast

Can someone help me? I'm new to all this. I'm up to my neck in ... BlackBerry News forum

Ginxeng no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Can someone help me? I'm new to all this. I'm up to my neck in downloaded software that you guys have posted and still I get the the themes to install. I download this I downloaded that, I dont even know what I have anymore I installed a bunch of crap and still nothing! I updated my BB O/S to V4.2.1.79 and I using Desktop Manager v4.2.2.14. Can someone please walk to through from the start if what exactly what version of what I need to get this working. My BlackBerry is a 8800 from Cingular(AT&T) with the O/S V4.2.1.79

mshoney1218 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm having problems locating the correct OS for my BB, BB Pearl 8130 - 4.3.0.97 can anyone help?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by mshoney1218 View Post
    I'm having problems locating the correct OS for my BB, BB Pearl 8130 - 4.3.0.97 can anyone help?
    Who is your carrier? You can go here for the newest OS for your device.

Sorry US Cellular

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    They have the older OS and the newest 4.5 in my opinion if you have not done so I would get the 4.5 and update. It is very simple. Just download install and run desktop manager since it is your carriers OS.

Thanks SO much! I'm trying that now..

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Sorry if this is multiple posting guys, but I am looking everywhere on pinstack for an answer. Good to see you modern cowboy and thanks for your help to date. Basically, I am having the same problem with the error issue that there is no application for my phone and cannot load alx files. If I do not want to load the latest OS for my phone (4.5 for AT &T which I have) is the bottom line that I cannot load alx files anymore because I upgraded my DM and OS? BTW I had 4.2.0.xx and upgraded to 4.2.1.96 (AT&T) and from 4.2 DM to 4.3. I read posts by Cherrie that link back to blackberry.com which advised it is a problem with DM 4.2.2 and 4.3. What can I do without upgrading my BB OS? Should I download the latest OS for AT&T for the 8100 and install on my PC but deny the BB installation through DM??

noev229 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ahh

OKay im about to literally go crazy with this problem...
    I updated my device manager to the 8310 series and still nothing..
    I been getting the message regarding the no application is designed blablaba for my device and i dunno what else i can do :S i downloaded the os that was multilanguage from att and still nothing....what do i do :S ?? please help

armanigirl no está en línea Stack level 1
    yes! i have the same problem as everyone on here....i have the Desktop manager version 4.2.2.12 and my 8310 OS is version 4.2.2.2170 ......

i am still lost i keep downloading stuff and nothing.... please any help would be great!!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99 View Post
    Sorry if this is multiple posting guys, but I am looking everywhere on pinstack for an answer. Good to see you modern cowboy and thanks for your help to date. Basically, I am having the same problem with the error issue that there is no application for my phone and cannot load alx files. If I do not want to load the latest OS for my phone (4.5 for AT &T which I have) is the bottom line that I cannot load alx files anymore because I upgraded my DM and OS? BTW I had 4.2.0.xx and upgraded to 4.2.1.96 (AT&T) and from 4.2 DM to 4.3. I read posts by Cherrie that link back to blackberry.com which advised it is a problem with DM 4.2.2 and 4.3. What can I do without upgrading my BB OS? Should I download the latest OS for AT&T for the 8100 and install on my PC but deny the BB installation through DM??
    you don't need to install it on your device ((though if you don't, you will be asked everytime you start up DM if you want to upgrade) but with that being said, you still HAVE to have the OS downloaded AND installed on your desktop to get the alx files to work. the OS is what tells DM what apps on your desktop are compatible with your device.

Quote Originally Posted by noev229 View Post
    OKay im about to literally go crazy with this problem...
    I updated my device manager to the 8310 series and still nothing..
    I been getting the message regarding the no application is designed blablaba for my device and i dunno what else i can do :S i downloaded the os that was multilanguage from att and still nothing....what do i do :S ?? please help
    when you say device manager, do you mean desktop manager or the device OS (operating system)? the reason i ask is because you need both to load apps. (see explanation on why above)

Quote Originally Posted by armanigirl View Post
    yes! i have the same problem as everyone on here....i have the Desktop manager version 4.2.2.12 and my 8310 OS is version 4.2.2.2170 ......

i am still lost i keep downloading stuff and nothing.... please any help would be great!!!
    do you have the 8310 installed on your PC or are you just explaining that is the version you have on your device? as said above and in the original instructions, you need both the DM application AND the device OS on your machine for alx files to load thru DM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    BTW I do have the OS installed on my PC and DM but not the latest version, just the version on my BB( 4.2.1.96.) What is weird is that the old OS and old DM didn't have this problem before I upgraded. .
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by bellalisa99 View Post
    BTW I do have the OS installed on my PC and DM but not the latest version, just the version on my BB( 4.2.1.96.) What is weird is that the old OS and old DM didn't have this problem before I upgraded. .
    Just was thinking. Make sure you only have the OS for your phone installed to your PC. Go to add remove programs and check the list and see if there is more than just your 4.2.1.96. There has got to be a simple fix that is just being over looked by all of us.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    No I tried looking there once before. There is only the one OS installed.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well guys,
    After a couple of days of looking around for a solution to this problem on my BB I still can't find one, although I am glad (and jealous!!) that all the support you guys are giving are helping others. I am wondering if there is a magical combination of the BB OS version and DM version for the Pearl 8100 version, so that I can try that to see if it will allow me to load alx files, and work the best on this old pearl.