Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by LuGo I had the same problem but this is the fix go ... BlackBerry News forum

isamudysan no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: New 8310/8320 Owners: Can't load apps/themes with Desktop Manager?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by LuGo View Post
    I had the same problem but this is the fix go to Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    and replace Device.xml with the one attach here. Note back up your original file first...
    I hope this helps...
    Dont know if I attached it right if not you have change the extention to .xml
    thanks...this works for me. although in About Desktop Manager | Device Software showed nothing. just the 8320 entry in Device.xml made App Loader worked perfectly for me. since i'm at work i need to installed some stuff on my bb, this works wonders. again, thanks.

enielsen24 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31851AB1

Re: Issue: "no additional applications designed for your device were found"

I have an Alltel 8130 and I am having the same problem, "no_additional_applications_designed_for_your_devi ce_were_found." Does anyone have an answer for me? I have downloaded the software off of the RIM website and again from the disc that came with my phone. Un-installing between installations, I can not locate the Vendor file or any of that to alter it either.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

**bump**

stackers, this is the most common error you will see when trying to install themes/apps using desktop manager when you DO NOT have the handheld software on your pc.

the handheld software DOES NOT come on the CD provided and is completely different than Desktop Manager. Please refer to the original post for download links to the latest handheld software for your device.

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ cherri, I am still confused about what you stated on the first page. I went to the link you hosted for downloading the latest os for your deivce. I found the chinese os is specifically for 8320 bbs (ithats what I have). So nopw what? Am I really supposed to upload a chinese version of newest os? Then what? I would say on a scale of 1 to 10 of confusion, I am a full on lost 10!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

its not really 'chinese'

what that means is that it is ENGLISH and CHINESE ONLY...
    you will see others listed as MULTI-LANGUAGE too, and those will have even more languages to choose from

make sense?

Ronnie_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    317B114E

i have the 8130... what is that link

sads25 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    **bump**

stackers, this is the most common error you will see when trying to install themes/apps using desktop manager when you DO NOT have the handheld software on your pc.

the handheld software DOES NOT come on the CD provided and is completely different than Desktop Manager. Please refer to the original post for download links to the latest handheld software for your device.
    Thank you very much. This absolutely fixed the problem I was having. Appreciate the guidance.

PIN/ID
    23DFE188

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    its not really 'chinese'

what that means is that it is ENGLISH and CHINESE ONLY...
    you will see others listed as MULTI-LANGUAGE too, and those will have even more languages to choose from

make sense?
    ok, so I tried to download the chinese and english language os, but it said that the connection was lost. That and the file was HUGE! Is it supposed to be that big in data? Also, the OS I was downloading was like 4.2.2.183 or something like that. I know you have said that the OS should be the same as the desktop manager version...so with that being said, there is no desktop manager with a .183 or whatever it was! I seriously am lost on what to do, everyone says "its easy, I got it" Well, I am a rarity lol. If there is any help you could give that would be great...like as in starting from the very beginning. lol.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

The desktop manager version you need is here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    look for 4.3 version.

Download the OS for your device per the link in cherri's first post.
    This is NOT the same as the DM version. That might be a misunderstanding somewhere along the way
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    23DFE188

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    The desktop manager version you need is here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    look for 4.3 version.

Download the OS for your device per the link in cherri's first post.
    This is NOT the same as the DM version. That might be a misunderstanding somewhere along the way
    Ok Lavagirl, as of now I have DM 4.2. So, I need to download the 4.3 version of DM, download the chinese/english OS (the most up to date os out for the 8320) and install both onto my computer? I do not understand why I can't just load up the 4.2 (which is the same as my blackberry now) and be able to load themes and apps. It just doesn't make sense to me. lol. As I am responding to your post lavagirl, I am downloading the chinese OS and it is going to take me an hour and a half, because it is such a large file. Do I really need the newest, newest os? I think I am totally missing the point here, can you tell I am Beyond confused. lol.

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by jsternbach View Post
    Ok Lavagirl, as of now I have DM 4.2. So, I need to download the 4.3 version of DM, download the chinese/english OS (the most up to date os out for the 8320) and install both onto my computer? I do not understand why I can't just load up the 4.2 (which is the same as my blackberry now) and be able to load themes and apps. It just doesn't make sense to me. lol. As I am responding to your post lavagirl, I am downloading the chinese OS and it is going to take me an hour and a half, because it is such a large file. Do I really need the newest, newest os? I think I am totally missing the point here, can you tell I am Beyond confused. lol.
    Either DM will work, it's up to you, it's just that 4.3 is the latest version.

You don't really need to have the newest OS, however usually the newest OS has worked out any glitches, etc. that any previous OS may have had so it is usually a good idea to grab the most updated one since you are upgrading anyway.

Follow this thread on upgrading, maybe it will help:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry.html

*and back to the thread topic...as long as you do have the OS installed on your PC - YES, you will be able to load themes and apps without getting that error msg*
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    23DFE188

Coo, thanks lavagirl. After the OS is done loading, I will download the 4.3 desktop manager and then run both. How do you know if the OS is running on your desktop manager though? Do y ou simply click run and it will automatically sync up with your DM?

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Are you planning to upgrade your BB or are you just trying to get it installed so you can add themes and apps?
    If upgrading, which you might as well, be sure to follow my link above, delete the vendor.xml file and DM should recognize an OS upgrade and prompt you through. You will need to start app loader and scroll down and check or uncheck the boxes you want/don't want.
    Be sure to follow through that thread.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

To determine if the Device Software is recognized by Desktop Manager by opening the Help Menu About Desktop Manager and clicking on the Device Software Tab. You will see what version(s) of the Device Software have been installed on the PC and are recognized by DM.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    23DFE188

Actually, lavagirl I do not want to upgrade my blackberry software at all. I simply want to download the OS and use it to load apps and themes. But, how do you know if it is installed and working??
    -------
    o thanks rcbjr. Thanks for all your help lavagirl and rcbjr. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Last edited by jsternbach; 01-11-2008 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast