Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

julietakako, If you set up your Yahoo email connection to your BB using your BIS, ... BlackBerry News forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Advertisement

julietakako, If you set up your Yahoo email connection to your BB using your BIS, there should be an Icon with a preset filter already on your BB. That being said, here is a step by step procedure for setting up your filters. This is for a Pearl, but shouldn't much different for the 8703.

1. Open the Message App Menu
    2. Select Search
    3. This will bring up a screen With the following fields
      • Name
      • In
      • Subject
      • Folders
      • Show
      • Type
    4. To set it up to see your work email only, leave all the fields except the Service as the default state and Change that option to the work email Service Book name.
    5. Set Type to email
    6. Open the Menu and select Save
    7. Enter a Title and Short cut key
    8. Open the Menu and Select Save again

Now you should be good to go.

I'm not sure about the last question, but I believe that all data on your BB is backed up on the BES, as as such they could gain access to it.

hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mcat77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Integrating email accounts with BIS

I spent an arduous amount of time with Blackberry support re: my e-mail acct and integration with the Blackberry. My initial issue is this: At my law firm we use Outlook / Outlook Express. I couldn't get the Blackberry to configure so with Support, we set up e-mal forwarding. Now ALL of my bosses e-mails go to his handheld and cannot be viewed on his regular pc. How can I correct this? I still need him to receive e-mails on his handheld AND his Outlook Express mailbox. I set it to "forward" and need to undo and perhaps redo but I am afraid to delete the e-mail addy because I am not sure what would happen to his e-mails if I did.

Sorry about me being a novice! HELP!

mcat77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Ack! I have the 8100t but didn't realize that until this very moment!

Such a newbie...

GunPants no está en línea Stack level 1

ok i feel stupid. I'm trying to set up a e-mail with my BB 1st i set up my hotmail and it sorta worked (i've gotten 2 unreadable e-mails so far). but now it doesnt send me anything. So i was gunna just set up a new e-mail just 4 my BB. but when i try to log on the BB internet service i can't remember my ID or my password. does any one know how to find my ID and passworw?

waid10 no está en línea Stack level 2

I am new to Blackberry so please bear with me. I was able to successfully set up my yahoo email on my Pearl. However, I tried to set up my corporate email (Outlook) and was unsuccessful. It prompted me to answer whether I can access my Outlook via web access. I can, so I went that route. It prompts me to enter the web access URL, email address, email account name, and user name, and password. I enter all of the information. The only one that I am unsure about is the email account name. I basically use the info that is before the @ in my email address (and its the same as my username). The result is that the configuration is unsuccessful. Yet, I use the same information (the web access URL, user name, and password) to access my outlook email using a web browser on my computer. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Please help!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

waid10 - welcome to pinstack

instead, go the other route.
    enter it as if it was yahoo/hotmail.
    when prompted enter yourname@yourcompany.com and your password.
    that is what i do. and i am doing the same thing you are (i think the technical term is OWA - or something like that. we call it the exchange server)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    waid10 - welcome to pinstack

instead, go the other route.
    enter it as if it was yahoo/hotmail.
    when prompted enter yourname@yourcompany.com and your password.
    that is what i do. and i am doing the same thing you are (i think the technical term is OWA - or something like that. we call it the exchange server)
    Cherrichiodo - I guess I didn't give you the full story. I first try to configure by entering my outlook address and my password. When that doesn't work, I get the question about whether I can access outlook using web access. That's when I say yes and go through that process. But still to no avail.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

ok! i seem to remember when i first had this question awhile back someone said that this is also a setting that your IT people have to enable (i think...again, i am not good with techie talk). let me see if i can find the thread...otherwise, someone more experienced might be able to talk you thru a different way to set it up.

I am new to BB, so I hope you all can help me. I work for two companies so I have two Outlook email accounts. One company has a BES and the other does not. On my own I configured the non-BES outlook account using outlook web access. I also configured my yahoo personal account. The IT guy for the BES-company set up up on the server and configured my email for that company. All of my emails come into to my Pearl in the "Messages" icon. However, my yahoo and the non-BES outlook account each have their own icons so I can focus on reading emails related to one account (a really nice feature by the way). But my BES-outlook account does not have a separate icon. Is there a way that I can configure it to have a separate icon? Because if I use the "Messages" icon, it is hard to tell which emails are related to which company. I would like to look at each account separately.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, all three of my email accounts are now set up with BIS. The only issue I am now having is with reconciliation. When I read new email on my handheld, it is reconciled on my computer. However, when I read and/or delete email on my computer, it does not reconcile on my handheld. It still shows up as a new unread message on my handheld. It is doing this with all 3 email accounts (2 Outlook and 1 Yahoo).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

sarkberry no está en línea Stack level 1

I've got my email working using the BIS, but it takes up to 10 minutes for emails to come in. I know with the push technology that it shouldn't take this long. I've double checked to make sure that the emails are in my pop account for those 10 minutes. It just seems like the Blackberry site only checks the pop account every 10 minutes. Is that what's happening or does anybody know of a better workaround?

Thanks!

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

The blackberry server or BIS takes anywhere from seconds to 15 minutes to pull emails from pop accounts. The only exception to the "rule" is for gmail..don't know why but it seems to be a shorter wait time. You could do 2 things:
    a) Have your emails forwarded to you @blackberry.net addresss, this way they'll be delivered within a matter of seconds. Drawback: If you do this, remember there's only one email address that you could set as a reply to address, if youwant to be able to reply using the specified address, you would have to perform additional steps to accomplish this (longer process) or get a third party app (google it) to do this for you but in my own experience, none work flawlessly.
    2) Create gmail accounts for your email acct. Forward all your emails to specific gmail accounts and you will receive them faster plus you will have the option of selecting a reply to address for each one..

sarkberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks likefre.

The gmail solution works great. I wonder why the gmail synchs so fast compared to POP? Oh well...as long as it works.

Thanks again!

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Not a problem, anything else just let us know!
    Now all you have to do is to setup filters for your gmail account(s) so everytime you send a message you dont get a copy delivered to your blackberry...
    For the copy of sent emails issue:
    Quick fix: You can set a rule or filter on the blackberry account. Log on to your blackberry account.
    a) Select "filters" on the account is doing this
    b) Select "Add Filter"
    c) On the filter name, choose any name you want
    d) On the "Apply filter when" field, select "From" field
    e) On the "contains" field, put your email adress
    f) Select "Do not forward messages to handheld" and click save
    Just in case this was your next question..

mzsavvy no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Integrating email accounts with BIS

please forgive me if this question has already been asked. but, how do you add a school email to your bb?

i've tried every way possible but i just keep getting a pop-up message stating "an error occured during email validation".

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast