Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

bmission, Welcome to PinStack. All messages will show up in the main Messages List. That's ... BlackBerry News forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Integrating email accounts with BIS

Advertisement

bmission, Welcome to PinStack. All messages will show up in the main Messages List. That's the one accessed through the Messages Icon. If you want you can just hid the Icons for your Additional BIS account and just use the Messages Icon. For an explanation, see the link in my sig.

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

macrack no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: Integrating email accounts with BlackBerry - BIS

Hi Tank

So you have gmail forward to your handheld? What kind of account are you using that the gmail is forwarding to?

Do you have a blackberry provided address?

When you respond to your gmail, what address will the recipient see? I'm trying to get unified messaging so that my friends can write to one address and know only one address.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tank
    save yourself a ton of hassle, just set your gmail account to forward to your handheld. you won't be polling for the mail from gmail, it'll just come to you. i've had mine set that way for almost a year, and have had not trouble.

hnm4107 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am a noobie and followed through the link on another thread on pinstack to sign up 2 my hotmail accounts at Cingular. It worked, so I thought I was Happy. Unfortunatley now my main inbox has a collection of ALL 3 emails versus each email account keeping its own messages. Any thoughts? I asked my Firm's national hand held people and they had no good answer versus doing a Alt key approacah to filter just on items from my Firm versus just having 3 stand alone inboxes on my 8700. I do show 3 inboxes, but the first (Main one) now consolidates, while the other two are just my 2 hotmail accounts. Also when I delete on my hotmail inbox on my computer, it does not delete on my 8700, even though I have everything set up that desktop wins.

Thanks
    Last edited by hnm4107; 10-26-2006 at 12:54 PM.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

hnm4107, Welcome to PinStack.

For an explanation of the Messages Icon/Lists, read this post, Understanding Multiple Mail App Icons (BIS 2.x)

As to the deleting on Hotmail not deleting on your BB, Hotmail is not one of the ones that has the one way reconcilliation. Only Yahoo and Gmail and some IMAP accounts will do this.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

hnm4107 no está en línea Stack level 1

Rcbjr,

Thanks for the response. I was hoping that my "Guru's" were wrong, but your response and the link to the other response proves them right. They did set up a filter and a shortcut key that in essence allows me to get to only the items that were business related versus personal emails. They have it set up as an "alt" key when I am in the main inbox. Are you sure there are no workarounds for the Hotmail one way only problem?

Thanks

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Non that I know of for the HotMail.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

jdcueto no está en línea Stack level 1
    TRYING TO SET UP T MOBILE FASTMAIL ACCOUNT SETTINGS, cAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO PUT IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS:
    1) SERVER INFO
    2) SERVER TYPE

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36
    Has anyone setup Lycos mail? That's the last one I need to add of mine, and is my 2nd busiest account but for some reason is giving me some resistance.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcueto
    TRYING TO SET UP T MOBILE FASTMAIL ACCOUNT SETTINGS, cAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO PUT IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS:
    1) SERVER INFO
    2) SERVER TYPE

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!
    I hope you found your solution...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin
    Has anyone setup Lycos mail? That's the last one I need to add of mine, and is my 2nd busiest account but for some reason is giving me some resistance.
    I havent set up lycos, but if you explain what is happening someone here may be able to help you.

Yellowfin no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    317F3C36
    Ok, here we go:
    1. I try to add as I did with my other email addresses, just simply login ID and password twice. I get a second screen with this:
    We were unable to configure this e-mail account. Please tell us how you access your e-mail by selecting an option below, then click "Next". Internet Service Provider E-mail (POP/IMAP)
    I use Microsoft® Outlook™ or Outlook Express™
    I will provide the settings to add this e-mail account

2. Obviously I use my browser to access it, as it's an IMAP, so I choose the second option. I fill in the info at the third screen, and mark the "Use SSL" box but I get
    3. "A connection could not be established to mail.lycos.com. Please check that the server name is correct and the server is available."
    4. So I uncheck the "Use SSL" box, and then get "An error occurred during your email account validation. Please check your information and try again."

...and to avoid any possibility of error, I retype my password to avoid looking like a total fool. Still same results.

5. Upon going back and trying the Outlook/Exchange option and selecting "I can access my email account using a Web Browser" I still get errors so far.

Man this thing is putting up a fight!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    *bump*
    anyone on here use Lycos mail?

julietakako no está en línea Stack level 1

Separate Work & Personal email accounts

I am new with BB so please be patient. My company recently forwarded me a 8703e under the Verizon network. I am currently recieving emails from my company's Lotus Notes and have configered to also have my yahoo pop3 emails forwarded to the BB. As of today, I can see my yahoo emails but they all populated under my yahoo email account icon as well as my corporate email icon. Is this redundant? After reading through the notes on this board, I believe the icon of my yahoo email account on the BB screen is only a shortcut and all new emails are defaulting to my corporate account. Am I understanding this correctly? Are my settings wrong? Is it possible for me to separate my personal emails from my corporate ones? Why would BB have two email account icons if all emails are going to the same "master account", in my case - my corporate account. I don't want my company reading my personal emails from my yahoo account and just being a little paranoia.Please Advise

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    julietakako, Welcome to PinStack.

This it the way the BlackBerry Message Application works, You are not doing anything wrong. I suggest you read the post in the link in my signature to understand more about BIS email Icons and how they interact.

Also you can create a filter to use to see just your Company Email, using the search feature of the Message App. Just set the Service Setting to your Company Email, Type to Email, Show to Sent and Receive and all the others either blank. Open the Menu and select Save. Name the Filter and assign a short cut key then, from the menu again select save.

Now when you open your Message App, you can press ALT + the assigned short cut key and see just your Company Mail.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer

julietakako no está en línea Stack level 1

Work & Personal emails separation

Thank you for the prompt reply. If I were to apply the steps that you gave me, could I create a filter for my personal emails from Yahoo instead? Would it work the same way. I am having some difficulty execute your steps (sorry, I am not very tech savy). Would it be possible for you to "dummy proof" your steps for me?

I also have nother question. The fact the I am getting my personal emails on my BB, would my company be able to see my personal emails on their BB server? I am trying to avoid any "big brother watching".

Thanks again for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    julietakako, Welcome to PinStack.

This it the way the BlackBerry Message Application works, You are not doing anything wrong. I suggest you read the post in the link in my signature to understand more about BIS email Icons and how they interact.

Also you can create a filter to use to see just your Company Email, using the search feature of the Message App. Just set the Service Setting to your Company Email, Type to Email, Show to Sent and Receive and all the others either blank. Open the Menu and select Save. Name the Filter and assign a short cut key then, from the menu again select save.

Now when you open your Message App, you can press ALT + the assigned short cut key and see just your Company Mail.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast