Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Integrating other email accounts with your BlackBerry Your Blackberry Internet Service account (Web Client) can ... BlackBerry News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Integrating email accounts with BIS

Advertisement

Integrating other email accounts with your BlackBerry

Your Blackberry Internet Service account (Web Client) can be integrated with up to ten Internet Service Provider (ISP) email accounts. BlackBerry supports most Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) and Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) accounts including Microsoft MSN Hotmail Plus and Yahoo! Mail Plus.

Account Integration Requirements

Verify that your email account provider complies with the following account integration requirements:

* If using a POP server, it must be configured to use Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) port 995 or port 110.
    * If using an IMAP server, it must be configured to use TCP port 143 or port 993.
    * If the POP or IMAP server is located behind a firewall or proxy, the TCP port used must be configured to allow bi-directional Internet traffic.
    * If using a POP server, it must support unique identification listing (UIDL). Please perform an Internet search for Request for Comments document RFC1939.

Integrate an Email Account

Complete the following steps:

1. Connect to the BlackBerry Internet Service website and log in to your BlackBerry account.
    2. On the navigation bar, click Profile.
    3. Under Email Accounts, click the hyperlink other email accounts.
    4. Click Add Account.
    5. Type the email address, user name, and password in the appropriate fields and click Submit.
    6. If you see the message “Your email account has been successfully set up,” the integration is complete. The integrated account is listed with a green check mark in the Status column (on the far right). New email messages will begin appearing on the handheld from your integrated email account.

If you see the message “We were unable to configure this mailbox,” it is the result of one of the following:
    * The integration failed because you entered the wrong account information. Repeat the process.
    * The integration is not complete because you must enter additional information. Complete the steps in the following section.

Provide Additional Information

1. Under Internet Service Provider Email, select the option for I use an email client such as Outlook™, Outlook Express™, Netscape®, Eudora®.
    2. Click Submit.
    3. Type your email server name and port number.

For example, if you are integrating a POP account, type port number 110 or 995. If you are integrating an IMAP account, type port number 143 or 993.
    4. Verify your email address, user name, and password.
    5. Select one of the following options:
    * Leave messages on mail server (default setting)
    * Utilize SSL
    6. Click Submit.

If you see the message “Your email account has been successfully set up,” the integration is complete. The integrated account is listed with a green check mark in the Status column (on the far right). New email messages will begin appearing on the handheld from your integrated POP or IMAP account.

If you see the message “We were unable to configure this mailbox,” the integration failed because:
    * You entered the wrong account information. Repeat the process.
    * There is a temporary connection problem between the BlackBerry Internet Service website and your email provider’s website. Try integrating your account later.

martygreene no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400AA888

Re: Integrating email accounts with BlackBerry - BIS

Thank you... that worked perectly!

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

Excellent Information as usual!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

So I can now retrieve my Hotmail despite the constant crap about it not being compatible?

Oh I just saw Hotmail Plus listed. I have regular Hotmail.

spacemonkey no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40042bcc

I have a yahoo email account & for the life of me i cant seem to integrate that via BIS. plz assist.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Hello All!

Just a bit of information to share. I also have a couple of hotmail accounts but they cannot be setup with blackberry Internet email. However, create a Fastmail email account it allows you to receive your hotmail and msn emails through their pop3 service. Then setup your fastmail account with the blackberry internet mail. I did it works great even created another email folder for my fastmail account on the blackberry. I only use the fastmail account to send my hotmail accounts mail to my blackberry. If you have any questions let me know. By the way I had no problem setting up my yahoo using blackberry Internet email.

www.fastmail.fm create an account only takes a few minutes then setup your hotmail or msn accounts and you're ready to go!

Thanks for the program. I have been searching for a way to get my hotmail on my BlackBerry.

desjones571 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2456447E

on the bis site it asks for your email server address. im using gmail...can you help me?

tank no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400C3FD4

save yourself a ton of hassle, just set your gmail account to forward to your handheld. you won't be polling for the mail from gmail, it'll just come to you. i've had mine set that way for almost a year, and have had not trouble.

mchri no está en línea Stack level 1

I have 3 yahoo accounts along with my corporate email (from the BES). Each yahoo account has its own icon. Whenever I get yahoo mail, it is displayed in the yahoo folder and in the messages folder (with the corporate email). Is there any way to have the yahoo mail only show in the yahoo folder and not in the messages folder?

Marc_SE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Integrating email accounts with BIS

I've just upgraded my Hotmail account to a PLUS one, so hopefully this will all work!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Welcome to PinStack, mchri.

What you are calling folders here are not really folders. See the Understing BIS 2.0 . . . link in my sig for an explanation of how the message App Icons work.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

bmission no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm new to BB, so forgive me if this question has been answered already. I have a different icon for each of my email addresses. Can anyone tell me how to put them all under "messages" or even "email"?

E-D
    E-D no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    323707C8

Quote Originally Posted by msbrenda64
    Hello All!

Just a bit of information to share. I also have a couple of hotmail accounts but they cannot be setup with blackberry Internet email. However, create a Fastmail email account it allows you to receive your hotmail and msn emails through their pop3 service. Then setup your fastmail account with the blackberry internet mail. I did it works great even created another email folder for my fastmail account on the blackberry. I only use the fastmail account to send my hotmail accounts mail to my blackberry. If you have any questions let me know. By the way I had no problem setting up my yahoo using blackberry Internet email.

www.fastmail.fm create an account only takes a few minutes then setup your hotmail or msn accounts and you're ready to go!
    I think you have to pay for this service or am I wrong? Help plz.
    Last edited by E-D; 09-26-2006 at 08:20 AM.
    Pin:323707C8

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast