Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Okay Gang, Hope someone can help me out here. I have a Belkin Class 2 ... BlackBerry News forum

hpak no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (Desktop sync)

Advertisement

Okay Gang,

Hope someone can help me out here. I have a Belkin Class 2 Bluetooth dongle and have the Belkin software installed. Reading the guide, I uninstalled it and tries to look for the XP bluetooth stack. I can't find it anywhere!!! Not in control panel and when I try to run bthprops.cpl, I get nothing!!! I have sp2 installed and have searched the web to no avail!!! Is there a way to get the MS bluetooth stack installed or should I try and re-install the sp2??? Is there a workaround someone found that would allow me to use the Belkin bluetooth manager?

Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

Aloha

toasty no está en línea Stack level 1

since this seems to be the bluetooth thread, here's my question: my pearl is connected via BES and using wireless sync (still have to have admins push the right policies to alow sync) but my real question is, can i sync via bluetooth to a second PC's outlook ?

rkdiddy no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jabcab View Post
    I have a Latitude D630 with Dell Wireless 360 Bluetooth Module (think it's Toshiba Bluetooth Stack). I was able to pair the laptop and Blackberry 8700. I also completed the bluetooth connection but in Blackberry Desktop Manager the bluetooth options were greyed out. I could only connect with USB cord - fine but not why I got bluetooth installed on the laptop!

Went round and round with this, trying everything mentioned on this forum, Dells forum, other places... even had a Dell tech try to help. Originally I was very concerned that I had the wrong Stack on my computer. No matter what we did we were unable to get it to work. We found a simple workaround (simple had we known about it originally that is!). When using Bluetooth Settings and completing a New Conntection don't use Express Mode (which is recommended). Mine automatically assiged COM40 which Desktop Manager didn't offer as an option in the dropdown list. Instead use the Custom Mode and you assign a COM port that is reflected in Desktop Manager dropdown list. COM9 on mine worked great. Once I had the same COM port assigned on both the Bluetooth Settings and Desktop Manager it works fine. NOTE: The bluetooth options are still greyed out and they are NOT checked. But since the COM ports match up, it works wireless.
    JabCab,

I have the exact same setup as you. I'm wondering how you were allowed to pick your com port. When I go through custom it goes to a screen that lists DUN. When I click ok...it automatically sets up it on port 40.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

rkdiddy no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok, so last night all of the sudden my sync worked. Now this morning it won't - does anyone else know why this isn't working.

royced no está en línea Stack level 1

Please could someone send / provide me with a policy.bin for the 8100 that enables Desktop Connectivity and Wireless Bypass! I have been trying for days now to locate one but alas to no avail.

Many Thanks for any help you helpful peeps can provide.

Yours, Desparate Dan.

Daniel.royce@uk.fujitsu.com

hsuanstr no está en línea Stack level 1

is it true th 8320 cannot sync via bluetooth 4.2.2.180 t-mobile??

jonas no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (Desktop sync)

I have a Pearl 8100 and Meet all prerequisits.... Except for my pearl will not show the services "Desktop Connectivity" or "wireless bypass". I can use the pearl as a modem over bluetooth, but I cannot get the sync w/ outlook on the Blackberry Desktop Software to function. I am using a Kensington Micro USB Bluetooth adapter with the windows xp sp2 native drivers. Does anyone know how to add the services to my Blackberry? This is very frustrating, I have searched everywhere and cannot find a straight answer on how to get those two services added. I am not on BES. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sammm no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I did the following even after reading that article:
    Here is what I have done after reading that Microsoft article that N8 posted:

1) Open Control Panel
    2) Clck on Bluetooth Devices
    3) Options, Discovery
    4) Turn Discovery on

I get this: "An error occurred while Windows was saving your settings. The following settings were not saved: Dscoverability Settings Connection Settings"
    ------

I have virtually the same problem as EricaJ1073 and wonder if anyone there can step me through the process of connecting 2 computers (one under XP, the other Vista Business) using Bluetooth? I'd like to get this done successfully before moving on to other devices.

Evidently, the Bluetooth is ready to go on the XP machine. I understood the first thing needed on the Vista machine was to check the selections to "Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer" and "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer." I've checked these selections but repeatedly get this message: "An error occured when Windows was saving your settings. The Bluetooth device might be unplugged. The following settings were not saved: Discoverability settings, Connection settings." No explanation is provided.

I now have a "Personal Area Network" showing under Network Connections in Control Panel, identified as a "Bluetooth Network Connection." Properties identifies "Device type" as "Network adapter" with a description of "Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)" and indicates, "This device is working properly." I have no idea why, if thedevice is working properly, I've been unable to save the necessary settings. I also assume that attempting to use the Connection Wizard before successfully saving these settings would be an exercise in futility. I'm stumped.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much.

vivalatyla no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ok I have a BCM92035DGROM..its motorola I don't know much about it my friend gave it to me so I could use it with my bb..I looked for driver on the internet and couldn't find ne..this one guy wrote about how he made it work but he has service pack 2..ne one know where to find the software? Ty in advance

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P
    Thanks Very usefull!!!!!!
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

fadi111 no está en línea Stack level 1
    hello, could you please tell me how can i transefer file from my 8100 to my bloototh, each time i do that my pc tell me that deivce does not has this service ftp

fadi111 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello : please could soem one help : i have blackberry 8100 , i try to transefer pic from it to my pc via bluetooth, each one see the other , so i can see my pc on my 8100 and also i see my 8100 on my pc but when i want to transefer any file from my pc to my 8100 there is a massage apper on my pc , tell me : FTP this service is not avalable on your target advice . and also when i want to send any picturer from my 8100 to my pc i could not ,, thank you for your help

reniljackson no está en línea Stack level 1
    I was looking for to connect my bluetooth to PC. I have tried out many times but was always having some issues. I am glad that I found this thread. Now I am aware of the things where I was going wrong.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345