Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by zsdagt Ok I have been using BB for over 4 months now. ... BlackBerry News forum

zsdagt no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (Desktop sync)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by zsdagt
    Ok I have been using BB for over 4 months now. Had it successfully linked via bt to my IBM T43. And would sync without fail everytime I was within 10meters. It was great. I recently upgrade my pc to a Z61t. Also has built in BT. I have read the long trail above. My problem of course is the BT Stack i now have from Lenovo for Broadcom and Thinkpad. I did try to uninstall the 3rd party but upon reboot will not auto install XP drivers etc. I spent a lot of time in the internet searching for ways to force an XP install (yes i have SP2) but not luck so far.

Based upon Wobly #33 reply above, should i go back to my IBM T43 and copy those files from my old laptop to the new one? Any other hints. The orginal post with directions is very helpful, I do undertand all that, i just can't get the grayed box to open up to me. It has to be the stack issue. Ironically i can get my phone and Lenovo Z61T to talk but it wants to use my phone as a head set. (LOL) and not desktop connectivity. I can't seem to get that service to be installed. So based upon the postings above I have to get XP Stack installed. So, how do i force that? XP SP2 is imbedded on this system somewhere is there a particular CAB file I should be expanding and using? Any help here would be wonderful.

I have 7130e, Verizon and using their BES. It worked wonderfully on old laptop, just can't beyond the grayed out box with new laptop.
    I have no response to this//// Any help any one?

clairemax no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (Desktop sync)

I am having problems with Pearl 8100 and Desktop Manager enable bluetooth being greyed out. I am going to try uninstalling the toshiba bluetooth stack and installing the windows bluetooth via your instructions but we have vista on laptop not xp. Is this the same with vista.

clairemax no está en línea Stack level 1

I've had success now with Blackberry Desktop Manager, syncing with outlook using bluetooth with Blackberry Pearl on Vista. As per instructions I uninstalled the 'Toshiba Bluetooth Stack' and installed the Microsoft one. Then the greyed out "enable bluetooth" in Desktop Manager became active and the syncing worked fine.
    It was not straight forward installing the microsoft bluetooth though, I had to do a search on my PC including hidden files to find the install file hidden away called (btMon3Inst_v3xx.exe) this installed the Microsoft Windows Bluetooth stack. Anyhow success at last.

dtarin no está en línea Stack level 1

Awesome thanks for the directions! However I had to do the following to get my setup to work (I have an ASUS Z70VA and a blackberry 8100)

1) Uninstall the toshiba bluetooth driver
    2) Open up the file C:\Windows\inf\bth.inf
    a) Under [ALPS.NT.5.1] add the line:
    ALPS Integrated Bluetooth UGPZ= BthUsb, USB\Vid_044e&Pid_3001
    b) Save the file and reboot
    3) Let windows setup my device automatically

After I did that I did all the steps mentioned in the first post starting with step 1 and all was well. I can now sync wirelessly.

patrickgburns no está en línea Stack level 1

I asked a question that had already been asked (about bluetooth services) so I erased it so as not to waste anyone's time. Thanks.
    Last edited by patrickgburns; 07-28-2007 at 09:11 PM.

rdwarrior no está en línea Stack level 1

This is a great, detailed, useful post. Thanks! I have an Acer Travelmate 6460. I had the Widcomm software installed ... I uninstalled but cannot get Windows XP to recognize the hardware as a bluetooth radio. It says it is an unknown device. I have gone through the step of choosing the type of hardware etc., and a list of manufacturer's comes up in the list, but I do not know the manufacturer of the radio...it is internal. I tried several of the different manufacturers listed but none of them worked ...

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

rogersjd no está en línea Stack level 1

Does it matter which version of handheld software you use? My phone is a 8100 Pearl and is currently using v4.2.0.71 (platform 2.2.0.41).

I have done everything that has been explained in this post. I am able to get my computer (Windows XP) to pair with the phone, but when I tell the DM to add a device. It will come back saying it can't find a bluetooth device that supports BlackBerry Bluetooth desktop services. My phone reacts by asking for a the passcode, after I type it the DM comes back with the error.

I am using the Kensington Model K33348

Feedback would be great...as this is getting really frustrating...Thanks.

dirkdigital no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c5585c

Is there any way to xfer files from my pc to my bb via bluetooth?

bengrenon no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I have a Curve and would like to use Bluetooth to synchronize my outlook with my Curve. I used to own a Palm TX and bluetooth synchronization was very simple, I am so surprised to see that its so complicated for a Blackberry to sync over bluetooth...

Also, I do not use BES server or even BIS. Any chance that since the Curve is the latest BB, those issues have been fixed and sync with BT has become a breeze?

Thanks for any answer of curve people who know an easy way to sync BB with bluetooth!

guptash no está en línea Stack level 1

Hayden,

My 8700c device does not have any IT policies as mentioned in your trouble shooting guide. What should I do to connect my BB with desktop manager using bluetooth? I have XP SP2 on a macbook using bootcamp, two driver one from apple and other from Microsoft both show as active, I have disabled each at a time and still have the same problem.

I have all latest software (4.2, XP SP2, etc.), BB 8700c connects to the laptop using bluetooth but does not connect to desktop manager using bluetooth. Desktop manager works fine with USB.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards,

Copy of text from your guide:

If your device cannot be found on the Add Bluetooth Device window, your BlackBerry Enterprise Server might not have the proper IT policies enabled. Contact your system administrator to verify that the following IT policies are set to FALSE:

• Disable Desktop Connectivity
    • Disable Wireless Bypass
    Note: These IT policies are only available in BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 Service Pack 3 and later.

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B

Quote Originally Posted by dtarin
    Awesome thanks for the directions! However I had to do the following to get my setup to work (I have an ASUS Z70VA and a blackberry 8100)

1) Uninstall the toshiba bluetooth driver
    2) Open up the file C:\Windows\inf\bth.inf
    a) Under [ALPS.NT.5.1] add the line:
    ALPS Integrated Bluetooth UGPZ= BthUsb, USB\Vid_044e&Pid_3001
    b) Save the file and reboot
    3) Let windows setup my device automatically

After I did that I did all the steps mentioned in the first post starting with step 1 and all was well. I can now sync wirelessly.
    Question on this, also related to post #33. Adding the line to the bth.inf file makes sense to me, but where are you getting the string to enter it? Somehow, I doubt "ALPS Integrated Bluetooth UGPZ= BthUsb, USB\Vid_044e&Pid_3001" would be correct for my Zoom PCMCIA card. Is there a place in the control panel, registry, command prompt, or some program in the Resource Kit that could tell me what the proper string would be for my hardware? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by guptash
    Hayden,

My 8700c device does not have any IT policies as mentioned in your trouble shooting guide. What should I do to connect my BB with desktop manager using bluetooth? I have XP SP2 on a macbook using bootcamp, two driver one from apple and other from Microsoft both show as active, I have disabled each at a time and still have the same problem.

I have all latest software (4.2, XP SP2, etc.), BB 8700c connects to the laptop using bluetooth but does not connect to desktop manager using bluetooth. Desktop manager works fine with USB.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Regards,

Copy of text from your guide:

If your device cannot be found on the Add Bluetooth Device window, your BlackBerry Enterprise Server might not have the proper IT policies enabled. Contact your system administrator to verify that the following IT policies are set to FALSE:
    • Disable Desktop Connectivity
    • Disable Wireless Bypass
    Note: These IT policies are only available in BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 Service Pack 3 and later.
    bump.

Could someone guide me.

Can someone please send me a policy.bin that has the following:

No password and allows me to

Disable Desktop Connectivity
    Disable Wireless Bypass

Will sincerely appreciate your help.

janburke no está en línea Stack level 1

Does anyone know if you can sync using a Blackberry server AND with Bluetooth on your pc? User wants to use bluetooth when they in a remote location connected to the corporate network but without radio signal and then pick up mail from the BES when they get back in range.

jabcab no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Re: How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (Desktop sync)

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    If the Enable Bluetooth Support check box and Configure Bluetooth button are not enabled on the BlackBerry Device Manager Properties window, your computer might not be using native Windows XP SP2 Bluetooth radio drivers. Verify that you are running the Bluetooth device manager that came with Windows XP SP2 (see the instructions above).
    I have a Latitude D630 with Dell Wireless 360 Bluetooth Module (think it's Toshiba Bluetooth Stack). I was able to pair the laptop and Blackberry 8700. I also completed the bluetooth connection but in Blackberry Desktop Manager the bluetooth options were greyed out. I could only connect with USB cord - fine but not why I got bluetooth installed on the laptop!

Went round and round with this, trying everything mentioned on this forum, Dells forum, other places... even had a Dell tech try to help. Originally I was very concerned that I had the wrong Stack on my computer. No matter what we did we were unable to get it to work. We found a simple workaround (simple had we known about it originally that is!). When using Bluetooth Settings and completing a New Conntection don't use Express Mode (which is recommended). Mine automatically assiged COM40 which Desktop Manager didn't offer as an option in the dropdown list. Instead use the Custom Mode and you assign a COM port that is reflected in Desktop Manager dropdown list. COM9 on mine worked great. Once I had the same COM port assigned on both the Bluetooth Settings and Desktop Manager it works fine. NOTE: The bluetooth options are still greyed out and they are NOT checked. But since the COM ports match up, it works wireless.
    Cathy

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8700c, v4.2.1.96, v4.2 Service Pack 2 w/Media Manager

DH Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl 8100c, v4.2.1.154, v4.2 Service Pack 2 w/out Media Manager

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast