Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Is there a way to set the desktop manager to automatically accept bluetooth as the ... BlackBerry News forum

pharaohmd no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2036d18b

Re: How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (Desktop sync)

Advertisement

Is there a way to set the desktop manager to automatically accept bluetooth as the connection means rather than prompting when the device comes in range of the computer? I keep a machine running and want to have it autoconect when I get close to it but keep having to click OK to accept the bluetooth connection.

23adamsc no está en línea Stack level 1

i am a new person to blackberryforums i would like to know exactly how to use this bluetooth service please send back

wobly no está en línea Stack level 1

When trying to follow the instructions above to get my Blackberry 8100 Pearl connected via bluetooth to my laptop, nothing worked...that is, nothing worked until I copied the Microsoft files from my wife's computer to my latop. I had installed the Widcomm drivers that came with my Kensington 33348 bluetooth dongle and could not get the computer to use the MS BT drivers no matter how hard I tried. The method I used to fix the issue was to copy all of the bt*.* files from the \windows\inf and \windows\system32 from my wife's computer and copy them into the appropriate folders on my laptop. I also had to modify the bth.inf file in the \windows\inf folder. Below is the modification to the bth.inf file;

[Kensington.NT.5.1]
    Kensington Bluetooth EDR Dongle= BthUsb, USB\Vid_047d&Pid_105e&Rev_0000
    Kensington Bluetooth EDR Dongle 2nd line= BthUsb, USB\Vid_047d&Pid_105e

I made it look like the other lines.

I had to reinstall the Blackberry Desktop Software, but it fully sync'ed and I was able to use my Blackberry as a modem through the Bluetooth connection.

Hopefully, by posting this, someone else can benefit from my efforts.

gumrunner no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having difficulty with this connection as well.

I have uninstalled the third part bt software. Added a broadcom entry to the btinf file and now I can pair the two devices. BB Device manager see's the device, but Desktop mgr (4.2) will not show as connected. ALl other aspects appear to be fine with the setup guide ( functions as listed )

I am running Windows XP Tablet edition SP2.

Has anyone had anyluck with this ?

Gum
    Last edited by gumrunner; 01-22-2007 at 06:25 PM.

zsdagt no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok I have been using BB for over 4 months now. Had it successfully linked via bt to my IBM T43. And would sync without fail everytime I was within 10meters. It was great. I recently upgrade my pc to a Z61t. Also has built in BT. I have read the long trail above. My problem of course is the BT Stack i now have from Lenovo for Broadcom and Thinkpad. I did try to uninstall the 3rd party but upon reboot will not auto install XP drivers etc. I spent a lot of time in the internet searching for ways to force an XP install (yes i have SP2) but not luck so far.

Based upon Wobly #33 reply above, should i go back to my IBM T43 and copy those files from my old laptop to the new one? Any other hints. The orginal post with directions is very helpful, I do undertand all that, i just can't get the grayed box to open up to me. It has to be the stack issue. Ironically i can get my phone and Lenovo Z61T to talk but it wants to use my phone as a head set. (LOL) and not desktop connectivity. I can't seem to get that service to be installed. So based upon the postings above I have to get XP Stack installed. So, how do i force that? XP SP2 is imbedded on this system somewhere is there a particular CAB file I should be expanding and using? Any help here would be wonderful.

I have 7130e, Verizon and using their BES. It worked wonderfully on old laptop, just can't beyond the grayed out box with new laptop.

tmgibs no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having problems finding a BT dongle that will work with native support on windows XP. I found "Belkin" on the MS knowledge base article but the Belkin dongles in store all require software to wrk. Anybody know where to get a USB BT dongle that uses the OS without 3rd party software?

jkathman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23EB2614

i am going to try to post this in a couple of spots...i had trouble sinking my Blackberry Pearl (8700?) with a Sony Vaio. Sony packages with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack for Windows. After crawling all over threads like this one...and finding nothing....finally got mine connected.

The trick was as easy as uninstalling Toshiba Bluetooth Stack through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Then restart. After you restart, Windows is going to find your bluetooth device and attempt to install, but the driver (tosrfusb.sys) isn't there. Just hit finish etc. and there will be a yellow caution next to it in the device manager. Go to the device manager (right click computer, properties, hardware, device manager, and click on the bluetooth device (bluetooth usb (alps/ugx etc.), and uninstall it, by click on it and actions and uninstall. Then go to control pannel, and click hardware, next, and when given the choice choose advanced. Then when given the choice of which driver to choose, choose the first one Alps/UGX etc. NOT the bluetooth device.....it should install the bluetooth device and give you the bluetooth devices icon in the control panel.

Hope this wasn't too confusing, but i assume if you are reading this then you half way know what you are doing. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling the device again, and then add hardware and choose another one of the devices. Good Luck...

tmgibs no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (Desktop sync)

After doing 15 years of tech support and having certifications from every major vendor in the market I too thought that I would be able to solve this problem. I even went out and bought what I thought was one of the supported devices on Microsoft's hardware compatability list, a Belkin USB bluetooth dongle but none of the tricks listed here have yielded any success. I believe part of the problem is that I bought a Dell Inspiron that had such a bad netslam done on the factory OS that I have had a number of problems installing and getting different aspects of the OS to work from databases to you name it.

Now I know why every IT organization that I ever worked for that bought Dell formatted and reinstalled every system that came in the door. Oh, well...... When I get the time I will have to blow this system away too and start over.

kpauley no está en línea Stack level 1

I thought I would add some info to this thread about the policies that are required to get the BT DM Sync to work. I was missing the Disable Wireless Bypass and the Disable Desktop Services polices from my BT options. I will re-state, these services are REQUIRED or you will not be able to do the DM sync.

How do they disappear and how do you get them back! Well, I found some answers. Previously, my 8100 was hooked up to a BES at my last job. When I left, they deleted me from the BES and I started using just the BIS setup with my internet account. When my last company had me on the BES, I picked up the policies that were on their system, which removed the two key BT polices. When they removed me from the server, the IT Security policy that removed those BT policies STAYS on the phone!

Since I had a good relationship with the last company, I was able to get on the phone with the tech person who conferenced in their Blackberry Premier Support person from RIM. Apparently, the BT policies are there out of the box, the IT Security policy my company had setup deleted them. There is no way to bring them back, except for re-connecting to a BES and getting a security policy sent to the device that includes these two services. A full reload of the BB might do it, I did not try that though.

I had them add me back to the BES and create a policy that included those services, then push it down to my device. Once that was done, they dropped me from the server and I'm good to go.

The RIM folks said that if companies set custom security policies they should push down a default policy to the device if someone is leaving the company, this way they don't lose those services.

Hope this helps....

Bigcla2 no está en línea Stack level 1

OKay hey i did everything it has said on downloading the bluetooth icon thing i see it at the bottom but the like white design in it is "RED" and now white everytime i press on it it says BT devicenot found and i have my USB cord hook up to it adn everything and my BB is Discoverable but it just will not find it....can someone help???
    Last edited by Bigcla2; 03-01-2007 at 07:50 PM.

GLTOMLIN no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by kpauley
    I thought I would add some info to this thread about the policies that are required to get the BT DM Sync to work. I was missing the Disable Wireless Bypass and the Disable Desktop Services polices from my BT options. I will re-state, these services are REQUIRED or you will not be able to do the DM sync.

How do they disappear and how do you get them back! Well, I found some answers. Previously, my 8100 was hooked up to a BES at my last job. When I left, they deleted me from the BES and I started using just the BIS setup with my internet account. When my last company had me on the BES, I picked up the policies that were on their system, which removed the two key BT polices. When they removed me from the server, the IT Security policy that removed those BT policies STAYS on the phone!

Since I had a good relationship with the last company, I was able to get on the phone with the tech person who conferenced in their Blackberry Premier Support person from RIM. Apparently, the BT policies are there out of the box, the IT Security policy my company had setup deleted them. There is no way to bring them back, except for re-connecting to a BES and getting a security policy sent to the device that includes these two services. A full reload of the BB might do it, I did not try that though.

I had them add me back to the BES and create a policy that included those services, then push it down to my device. Once that was done, they dropped me from the server and I'm good to go.

The RIM folks said that if companies set custom security policies they should push down a default policy to the device if someone is leaving the company, this way they don't lose those services.

Hope this helps....
    I had same issue, and was able to get IT dept to put me back on BES to get the BT policies. Only problem now is that this same policy also does not allow keystroke injection so I can't use my BT keyboard. Previously I had removed the IT policy and was able to use my BT keyboard. Do you know if I now run the steps to remove the policy again (policy.bin), will the new BT setup still work or am I going to have to live with either BT sync OR BT keyboard?

Also - do new BB 8800's come with these BT settings right out of the box, or are these only added when provisioned over BES first time? If easier I could just return this one for new unit - but what a pain!!

mpolo no está en línea Stack level 1

Based on my experiece with the 8700 you can remove the IT policy but the services will not come back.

fflack no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by kpauley

How do they disappear and how do you get them back! Well, I found some answers. Previously, my 8100 was hooked up to a BES at my last job. When I left, they deleted me from the BES and I started using just the BIS setup with my internet account. When my last company had me on the BES, I picked up the policies that were on their system, which removed the two key BT polices. When they removed me from the server, the IT Security policy that removed those BT policies STAYS on the phone!....
    OK, there has to be a way to give people without BES access the ability to get these services added. I'm trying to get BT connected on my home computer and don't want to try finding someone with BES to "hook me up temporarily". I'm suprised there isn't a way to use the Desktop Manager to download an Application to install these settings. Or better yet, install a patch similar to the DST2007 download I needed from RIM to get my clock working correctly. Anyone working on this yet????

Karanvir no está en línea Stack level 1

ok. i tried removing the third party blue tooth software as suggested which in my case was hp and the blue tooth completely disappeared from the control panel too and i had no way of accessing it till i again re installed the whole thing. how do i remove it and get the windows bluetooth software running?
    Thanks
    Karan

omlieber no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (Desktop sync)

Instructions were great- just got by 8830 to sync with DM on my Thinkpad T60 via bluetooth. I had to remove the Thinkpad's enhanced bluetooth software first, and then the instructions worked just fine.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast